• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cocaine/Crack: Serious Discussion Only

So iv been smoking crack for about 8 years . was rare in the first few years. Then every time i drank now its damn near ever day it has taken my life over.its insane...if i hear the word crack or stuff or hard i instantly need to take a shit lol does anybody else need to drop a deuce when the anxiety or jonse kicks in? Also iv developed what i believe to be a hole in my brain from almost 15 years of heavy drug use. And specifically crack triggers it i get this weird fuzzy feeling in the same spot inside my head and i develop a twitch. I have a hard time breathing and i cant seem to get my. Words out my neck and mouth flex but nothing comes out... Has anyone else dealt with this? Im starting to get very concerned about it but the drugs win the fight. Instead of going to a doctor every time.. Does any one else have significant side effects/ permanent damage from their drug abuse? I wanna compare notes lol

I highly doubt you have any holes in your brain. Cocaine can effect some difficult changes, but they should be quite reversible. Neuroplasticity is great thing :)

You will have to stop using cocaine to benefit and allow yourself to heal though. And cocaine can be notoriously difficult, particularly with cravings.

Have you read Carl Hart’s research on chronic cocaine users? Some very interesting research, definitely worth it. Your body-mind are more capable and resilient than you might imagine.

Likewise, something I have found very helpful is mindfulness based relapse prevention. Particularly riding the waves of cravings practice. It can be difficult to find a facilitator depending on where you live, but it’s worth looking into.

Would you mind exploring your concerns with significant side effects and permanent damage with us? Curious to hear more about this specifically.

I’ve experienced this with other drugs, not cocaine, and I’ve actually found that working with the changes can actually be pretty helpful. With something like this Ive found it useful thinking of it as a kind of disability.

I highly doubt you have any holes in your brain. Cocaine can effect some difficult changes, but they should be quite reversible. Neuroplasticity is great thing :)

You will have to stop using cocaine to benefit and allow yourself to heal though. And cocaine can be notoriously difficult, particularly with cravings.

Have you read Carl Hart?s research on chronic cocaine users? Some very interesting research, definitely worth it. Your body-mind are more capable and resilient than you might imagine.

Likewise, something I have found very helpful is mindfulness based relapse prevention. Particularly riding the waves of cravings practice. It can be difficult to find a facilitator depending on where you live, but it?s worth looking into.

Would you mind exploring your concerns with significant side effects and permanent damage with us? Curious to hear more about this specifically.

I?ve experienced this with other drugs, not cocaine, and I?ve actually found that working with the changes can actually be pretty helpful. With something like this Ive found it useful thinking of it as a kind of disability.

Yes i would Definitely explore and discuss this further thats exactly what im interested in. Id like to share as much as i can about my experiences and learn as much as i can about others.

Are the symptoms you experience acute effects of smoking cocaine (I.e. they present when you’re getting high) or are they post acute (after you come down or the drugs leave you system)?

From what I hear and have experienced the urge to poop is common when triggered/about to use. Nothing unusual about that :)

Are the symptoms you experience acute effects of smoking cocaine (I.e. they present when you’re getting high) or are they post acute (after you come down or the drugs leave you system)?

From what I hear and have experienced the urge to poop is common when triggered/about to use. Nothing unusual about that :)
Yes the effects i mentioned start and intensify once i get high. If i dont get good hits its less likely to happen. Also iv started to notice that when its early in the morning and im still going ive gotta be quiet as to not wake roomates when i have to whisper or be quiet it gets wayyyyy worse (the twitch and stutter etc) as for the feeling in the specific part of my brain it comes and goes mildly when sober but when i start using it instantly comes full force, i wish i could properly describe what it feels like its soo bizarre and hard to put into words other than it feels like a fuzzy spot/hole or something.

Man it's probably just the paranoia from usage turning into anxiety about the effects on your health; so, in a sense, it's your subconscious' way of trying to convince you to stop using, not something that's actually there necessarily. You're brain is certainly affected by regular use, we all know that (although I've recently found some literature references that hail the brains ability to recover even after long stints as a coke/crackhead) -- BUT, I'm as sure as one can be given the disconnect our online-connection creates that you do not have a "hole" in your brain. If you did, you'd already be in the hospital and very likely terminally ill. You're just scared, as you should be when dealing with any drug for any prolonged period of time, that it is going to have serious and/or permanent effects on your health and wellness. If it's happening every time, it may just be something that will happen to you and you have to decide whether you want to keep using (at a "proper" level, hopefully) and ignore it, or that it's bothering you too much and you need to just put the pipe down (if this is realized as being your choice then perhaps it is time to see a doctor and get some MRIs, considering you feel it even when you aren't smoking; with decently regular use though it does build up in your body and continue to affect your physiology far longer than most people suspect given it's half-life, so it could just be because you in fact ARE still "high").

I haven't done any coke in almost 2 years but I have the craziest itch for it lately. Maybe because I'm out of work and it's winter and I'm bored but still this itch is driving me crazy. I didn't think after 2 years I would have a desire this bad. I've been dreaming about it and finding myself driving around my town looking for anyone who looks like they might know where to get some. I don't know it I want this feeling to pass or if I want to actually follow through with this thought process. I guess I'll find out. I never know what I'm gonna do...

Last edited:
^Mate its not worth it if it got you bad before. Cravings will pass if you don’t give in to them. I know cravings are horrible at the time but so is risking a full blown relapse.

Oh yeah for sure! Coke brings you to your knees much quicker.

Yep was addicted to heroin for 6 years, got promotions and pay rises (in spite of, not because of, my addiction, i'm not advertising heroin as a key to success). within 6 months of getting addicted to crack i lost my job, a year later i was basically reduced to an animal.

Swim is trying to get clean, has been on a 3.5g a day habbit for about a year.. need to stop asap, any good resources or tips? Cannot afford to miss work or go away.. cant find good info online either, any suggestions and information and or experience would be greatly appreciated

^you have family or friends for support? at 3.5 grams a day you’re probably in some dark psychosis. be scary to deal with all by yourself. it’s definitely possible if you have no one. how long have you been able to quit for? why do you go back?

Last edited:
^you have family or friends for support? at 3.5 grams a day you’re probably in some dark psychosis. be scary to deal with all by yourself. it’s definitely possible if you have no one. how long have you been able to quit for? why do you go back?
Ive yet to be without, ive only went the 5-8 hrs of sleep, any info on a taper? How quickly i can do so for an easier drop off

i wouldn't taper cocaine. my strategy for crack is create some initial distance. like just a couple days. then you'll be clear headed enough to realize you gotta stop. after that you gotta ride out the psychosis. if you're using, then getting high is everything and distracts you from the hell you're in. but you're already in the worse part. there's no withdrawal. if you got a few days sober, you'll be coherent enough to know that getting high is just gonna make things darker and worse.

tapering cocaine sounds crazy to me. i don't know how anyone would do that. if you stop, you'll start to feel better. you won't instantly be better, but it's not like opiates where things get worse before they get better. things start getting better right away. cocaine is horrible and makes life horrible.

once you get a little time behind you, whatever you do don't give in to the itch. there is no such thing as responsible cocaine use. it's the same drug that's fucking up your life right now. it will fuck up your life the same later. your head is gonna start telling you that you can do it different this time. you can't. it's not a responsible drug.

try going 72 hours without. get sleep, eat, and go on a few walks. do not tell yourself you gotta get high to go to work.

echoing hydro's post- i would not taper cocaine. i was addicted to crack and there was no way i could have tapered if i wanted to. apart from extreme tiredness there aren't any withdrawals.

I have started using cocaine as a party drug, used it usually when we went out drinking. Those days, I used to consume 1 gram once a week. This went on for a few years till I started heroin. At first, I was railing H also and everytime I bought H, the guy used to give me a couple ittle ziplock of bags of cocaine which I usually used with friends. But once I started shooting H, I started also to shoot coke. My relationship with coke changed when I satrted shooting it. I wasn't using it with others anymore. I still had control over my use and I didn't see it as a problem the way I saw H. With my increased use of H and addiction getting stronger, I didn't get the same feeling with H but on the other hand IV cocaine never lost its pleasure, plus I started using more coke. H was mainly to not get sick so I could go to work but as long as I had enough H, my focus was on coke.

I have been through many cold turkeys, hospitals and treatment centers around the world for my heroin addiction but never needed treatment for coke because there was no withdrawal symptoms when I stopped using. Just intense craving for a couple of weeks that diminished as time passed without using it. I smoked/ shot crack also during these times when I was a H addict. These two substances became unseperable for me and still would be if I used H again. I just never experienced such a simple, intense, rapid pleasure like the times when I used to shoot both of them in one barrel.

These days, I don't use cocaine but speedballs still are in my dreams, especially the initial rush of cocaine with the first shot of the day, fallowed by the warmth and comfort of the H while the taste of coke is still in my mouth with the buzzing still in my head.

I guess im confused on the psychosis part, will i still be able to function? And would anything available help with the discontinued use? I am currently on a low dose of suboxone and i have etizolam at my disposal.

by psychosis i mean at 3.5 grams of cocaine a day your thinking is likely delusional. as in right now. not once you quit. it's not going to disappear the second you quit. when you don't have the scramble to get high to focus on, it can be more difficult to endure.

i have underlying mental illness, so maybe it isn't that way to the same degree for everyone. i've certainly seen others delusional due to cocaine and crack habits. figure it's standard.

Last edited:
by psychosis i mean at 3.5 grams of cocaine a day your thinking is likely delusional. as in right now. not once you quit. it's not going to disappear the second you quit. when you don't have the scramble to get high to focus on, it can be more difficult to endure.

i have underlying mental illness, so maybe it isn't that way to the same degree for everyone. i've certainly seen others delusional due to cocaine and crack habits. figure it's standard.
can do most things, all i notice is when i wake up everything is extremely dark and depressing and dreams are dark and hopeless feeling. I havent yet not redosed at that point tho i was curious if that gets worse as i work 7 days a week and cant miss it just looking for best gameplan on how to do it in the most effective manner with the least issues

can do most things, all i notice is when i wake up everything is extremely dark and depressing and dreams are dark and hopeless feeling. I havent yet not redosed at that point tho i was curious if that gets worse as i work 7 days a week and cant miss it just looking for best gameplan on how to do it in the most effective manner with the least issues
Also first thing in the am my nose is a solid rock, thats one reason ive kept going as it turns into a solid scab also now have a hole thru the middle guess its deviated septum i just keep putting it off and time just keeps flying by

the dark feeling gets better with time, not worse.
Does anyone know a timeframe for feeling better? And will nose heal? I tried to go 10 hrs without but nose becomes solid and hurts so bad my eyes wont stop watering, if i use steam/saline etc to clear it without using just get nonstop blood :(

And i guess what i seem to notice thats odd that i do is (while needing to get things done) just go into a room and use back to back until my free time is up, getting very little done its so stupid and i know it but its hella hard to do otherwise. Im curious tho with the supposed high rate of use, why so little in terms of discussion/quit guides and techniques compared to other substances? It's really hard to find good info as most of my googlefu ends in rehab sales pitches not real info. Thanks again

Last edited: