View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Combo Subthread] 2C-E + MAOIs

Beenhead

Bluelight Crew
This is the sub-thread in which to discuss the combination of 2C-E and MAOIs of all sorts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to dig this old thread up, but I did not want to post a new thread.
My question is this, Would taking syrian rue be an effective way to boost a 12-13mg trip. This is currently all I have and i would like to give it a little boost, dont worry, Ive done 2c-e a few times before and enjoy it thouroughly.
Thanks for the help you guys and again sorry to dig this thread up.

Last edited by a moderator:
no that will most likely lead to serotonin syndrome. amphetamines + maoi is a horrible idea.

^^^^

Not all MAOIs are the same. Reversable MAO-A inhibitors like the harmala alkaloids have been combined with phenethylamines and alpha-methylphenethylamines (amphetamines) without incident by numerous brave explorers. It is the non-reversable MAO-B inhibitors that are dangerous to take with catecholamines. Harmala alkaloids do not fit this profile.

^ You're on very thin ice taking phenethylamines with harmala alkaloids. They may be competetive MAO-A inhibitors, but the 2C-x compounds are fairly closely related to some pressor drugs (drugs that raise blood pressure) that are used clinically - they have the 2,5-dimethoxy substitution pattern in common. Considering that the main cause of death when MAOIs are involved is hypertensive crisis (blood pressure going through the roof until a blood vessel starts to bleed in the brain) and that 2C-x compounds are similar to clinoical pressor agents, I can't say that I think it's a good idea.

Shulgin combined mescaline with MAOIs, but mescaline doesn't have the 2,5-dimethoxy configuration. If you only have 12mg, dissolve it in water and plug it if you want a more intense trip. The MAOI option really is taking an unnecessary risk.

thanks I just wanted some advice from those more experienced. F&B, thanks for the info, I never really thought of it that way. Mescaline not having the same ring substitution and all. Very helpful info. 12mg is plenty for me to get a nice trip I just wanted a little boost, but its not worht it so Ill just take it normally.

Last edited:
Did you notice any significant maoi caused discomfort, I have been contemplation 10g B. caapi + 10 mg 2c-e for a while, but I am very leary about rc's and maoi's.

I have eaten 2ce and syrain rue and didnt notice any discomfort.
And i usually get sick when I use syrain rue and mushrooms.

But i only tried the maoi wth 2ce once and it was a small amount(1.5g of rue and 10mg of 2ce)

illusion25 said:
I have eaten 2ce and syrain rue and didnt notice any discomfort.
And i usually get sick when I use syrain rue and mushrooms.

But i only tried the maoi wth 2ce once and it was a small amount(1.5g of rue and 10mg of 2ce)

Do you feel that the rue had any subjective effects on the 2c-e at that low dose?

egor said:
Did you notice any significant maoi caused discomfort, I have been contemplation 10g B. caapi + 10 mg 2c-e for a while, but I am very leary about rc's and maoi's.
The only reason I used syrian rue was because the sheer volume of peruvian torch I’d otherwise need to swallow would make for GI disturbances during the trip that would ruin the experience. In other words it was the only way I was likely to have a good experience with the combination. Plus I wanted the mescaline, which I didn’t take until one hour after the syrian rue, to plateau before taking the 2C-E. So it was about 4 hours after taking the, in all likely hood, actually less than three grams of syrian rue (I eyeballed the syrian rue), before taking the 2C-E. The MAO inhibition may last for 8hrs, but it might be that its effects were already lessened at the 4hr point. It’s difficult to say what the influence of the syrian rue was on the 2C-E, if any. I didn’t really notice anything I didn’t expect. When I used ayahuasca with 2C-E, I first IM’d the 2C-E, then took the syrian rue/mimosa one hour later. Again, a poor dosage regimen to predict what kind of trip a full MAO inhibiting dose followed by 2C-E soon thereafter might be. Though illusion25 might describe it more at 1.5g?

I just took around 1.5g of Syrian rue then around 20 minutes later plugged around 20mgs of 2C-E (I have a tolerance and am quite familiar with 2C-x). If anyone is interested I will report on my experience with this combination, which I do think (hope) is safe. I will be monitoring BP throughout to try and make sure.

EDIT: For anybody interested, this went fine: Temp, BP and Pulse were normal for me. Even added 25mg of 4-HO-MET as the 2C-E started to trail off which really kicked things into gear ;) Note that everyone is different, and I am not you - please be safe.

Last edited: