Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MCPT - Inexperienced - interesting Rare Compound

Erny

Bluelighter
McPT is N-methyl-N-cyclopropyl tryptamine, the substance I stumbled upon two years ago. It's quantitative activity is comparable to that of MiPT, N-methyl-N-isopropyl tryptamine, and qualitatively it appeared to be more interesting, than MiPT. For me the latter gives a very light experience with almost no visuals and only a pale tint of something I can call psychedelic.

I dissolved 40 mg of the hydrochloride in plain water and took it orally early in the evening on an emty stomach. First effects were felt in 15 minutes, just at the time I went outdoors. People at the streets seemed mostly happy and good natured, there was no tint of what we can call sociophobia, and I felt myself like being quite adequate.

Effects reached maximum in 40 minutes, it felt more like foxy or other tryptamines with long alkyls on the amino group than MET or classic tryptamines, and it was, for sure, much stronger than MiPT. Visually at the level of 80-100 mcg of LSD. But still very calm. I have found myself in a state with a bright mood and mild euphoria, with sparkly visuals, quite comfortable for where I've been. Everything that was going around was percieved with good humour. A state that is typical rather for the second part of any psychedelic trip and afterglow. There was nothing like real distortion of sound, and silence, when spontaneously emerged, sounded amasing.

It was not annoying at the physical level - a phenomenon that is very common within tryptamines with at least one substituent on the amino group being methyl.

At 1,5 hours from the starting point I was off the plateau, at 3 hours felt almost nothing, and the nice afterglow that followed continuied until late at night, when I went to sleep.

All in all it was quite positive, but not very rich with any kind of meaningful emotional experiences like classic tryptamines can afford. Another nonclassic really worthwhile tryptamine without any substituents on the indole ring, second to MET.

substancecode_mcpt
substancecode_exotic

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this, please however name threads here accordingly it helps people search for compounds.

very interesting compound....

very interesting indeed! I will have to do a bit of reading on this compound...do you have any references handy? I'm not familiar with it at all.

peace and most welcome to BL! :D

I bet this would turn into MIiPT in the body, Cyclopropyl groups are very unstable due to the ring strain

Interesting! Yeah, I was also thinking about the ring strain on the cyclopropyl. It could make it through though. Some of the cyclopropyl phenethylamines (like 2C-T-15, 2C-T-8, and CPM) are very different than their non ringed counter parts. I don't know if them being on the para position changes anything stability wise though.

Erny, do you remember what dose you took? I love reports on new substances, thanks a lot!

yeah, it'd really help if you could (atleast guess) say what dose you took. nCPT(cyclopropyltryptamine) is supposed to be a potent maoi(not sure if it's a, b, or both-I would guess A though) so maybe this would be great to combine with other tryptamines.

P.S. if you can, you should try a larger dose to see if the trip will get any better.

Is there not the risk that this will alkylate DNA when the ring opens?
I'm betting it's an irreversible (suicide) inhibitor for MAO through this mechanism...

... I certainly hope not! Anyway yeah, dose used would be nice, cheers for the report.

I have given the dose in the name of the thread. It was 40 mg, in the form of HCl salt.

(zonk) said:
nCPT(cyclopropyltryptamine) is supposed to be a potent maoi(not sure if it's a, b, or both-I would guess A though)
Did you mean N-cyclopropyl or something like 2-indolyl cyclopropan-1-amine, analogous to tranylcypramine? Have you got any reference for this?

MattPsy said:
Is there not the risk that this will alkylate DNA when the ring opens?
You do possibly confuse them for aziridines that are being used as an anti-cancer agents. There are some antibiotics currently on the market bearing N-cyclopropyl moiety, and their metabolic pathways have nothing in common with it, body just leaves that cyclopropyl ring intact. Cyclopropyl rings are not that unstable, as you may think they are. Strong electrophiles may open them, like simple protonation in strong acids, but pH values and temperatures that are needed for that to happen are far beyond physiological, that is not even a problem when transforming a freebase into a salt.

However, given the fact, that it should be a MAO substrate (if not an inhibitor, but I doubt it is, it's duration of effects is against that, look at AMT), it is not clear, what the metabolites may look like.

Why then would the addition of the Cyclopropyl effect the potency of this compound, Thikal having 25mg being a good dose of MiPT

Last edited:
What do you mean by a "good dose"? That was not my first trial with the compound, btw, but the second one, and 40 mg was all I had at the moment. The first trial was with 15 mg.

I've tried MiPT at doses up to 40 mg of the freebase. Even that is not that potent, as McPT if we are talking about intensity. Though 40 mg of the freebase is a little too much for MiPT, and not really pleasant. And for the given intensity the dose for MET or MPT would be three to four times larger.

I meant MiPT sorry, the most anyone pushed the dose in Tihkal was I think 25mg

I've tried McPT two years ago. The dose was about 30 mg. I'm not sure exactly, 'cos my friend ocasionally spilled solution on a linoleum in his kitchen )))
He saved some, but after dose wasn't exact.

The effect was mild, but pleasant. Almost no visuals, but very comfortable body feeling with traces of mdma-like streching. I liked calmness and smooth flow of thougts. Good humor as well.

Really want to try more one day ))))))) but it's extremely rare

The tryptamine Euphoria is just not the best type out there, If I dont get the psychedelic thoughts and patterns I would rather take MDMA or an Opioid any day.

If I remember correctly it's a potent MAOI at around 10mg and yes it was reffering to CPT(I'll try to find references). I wouldn't worry about DNA alkylation and MiPT isn't very strong at anydose AFAIK

N-cyclopropyl phenylalkylamines do inhibit MAO. The weird mechanism of inactivation involves a covalent bond formation, but it's is still reversible. And they are suicide substrates for cytochrome P450, irreversible this time.

Here are your ref's: rapidshare.com/files/150274619/cyclopropylamines.zip.html

Covalent bond formation and reversible, not two i'd have usually associated in the context of enzyme inhibition, haha! Thx for the link.

MattPsy said:
Covalent bond formation and reversible, not two i'd have usually associated in the context of enzyme inhibition, haha! Thx for the link.
Well, hemiketal/hemiaminal/hemithioaketal formation (e. g. with cyclopropanone) is reversible. Then, there is an explanation of partial recovery of cytochrome P-450 activity after removal of substrate by dialysis: cyclopropylamines are both competitive inhibitors and suicide substrates of the enzyme (JACS, 1982, 104, 2050). That is, enzyme inactivation is much slower in comparison with E + S <- -> ES reversible complex formation. (E = enzyme; S = substrate)

well as I dont have access to full articals I cant give any details, a simple googling will give the Refs you desire. Most are talking about N-CycloPropylTryptamineS which I'm unsure if CPT is mentioned or just chems baring the CPT skeleton but I found this...
Thieme-connect - Artikel im Volltext
4b N-Cyclopropyltryptamine was also described as a potent monoamine oxidase inhibitor. See: Winn M, Horrom BW, Rasmussen RR, Chappell EB, Plotnikoff NP,J. ...
www.thieme-connect.com/ejournals/se/abstract/synlett/doi/10.1055/s-2008-1078426 -
"4b"CPT may mean a ref to an analog of CPT, not sure???

beenhead don't forget shulgin is typically a low-baller with dosage ranges. For us poor folk that have been beating our HT2a receptors we need a bit more material :!