• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

malfunkshun

Bluelighter
***WARNING: High dosages of loperamide are toxic to the heart and cause Long QT Syndrome, which can lead to death. Loperamide is much more dangerous than other opiates in high dosages, because unlike other opiates which are non-toxic, whose risk lies in overdosing, loperamide is quite toxic. If you read through this entire thread you will see various people posting about nearly dying or even having loved ones die from prolonged loperamide user. Please do not consider this report as evidence that getting high on loperamide is safe. It is not.***

A few months ago, I made a thread in the 'other drugs' forum about getting high on loperamide, which was the subject of general derision and disbelief. My thread title was 'One more word about getting high with loperamide (immodium)' (it was actually closed, with the last word being "Enough with this ridiculous thread". I thought that was hella lame, closing a thread just because it goes against common belief, but fuck it). So, I decided that another word was warranted, here in trip reports, where it really belongs.

I'll start at the beginning, as this trip report consists of a description of my usage leading up to my successful experience at getting high with loperamide. It started when I was withdrawing from poppy seed tea and was fucking fed up with it, and ready to try anything. I took 10 mg of loperamide and worked my way up to 40 mg, taking another 10 mg every 15 minutes. At 40 mg, I realized that my withdrawals were completely gone. This alone warranted loperamide as a lifesaver, in my opinion. I could always use it to counter withdrawals, so I need never fear them again as long as I was within range of the local grocery store or Walgreens.

I stayed clean for a while, and then read a thread here about somebody who had gotten high on about 100 mg. One day I was bored so decided to try this. I took an entire bottle of 48 pills, which was 96 mg. I can positively say that I did feel something, but it wasn't an all balls out 'high'. I was in a better mood definitely, and was sure that this wasn't attributed to placebo.

I forgot about it for a while, but one day I was fed up and sick with being sober so I decided to try loperamide again at a higher dose. Here is the trip report for getting high on loperamide:

I took 60 loperamide pills (120 mg). I wasn't expecting a real high, but the memory of the 'almost buzz' I had from 48 pills gave me some hope. So, about 20 minutes after taking the 60 pills, I was online, fucking around the myspace forums, when I suddenly realized that I felt great. I had a real, bona fide feeling of euphoria floating around in my body. I had to pinch myself to make sure it was real. Yes, I was high. Really high. And on loperamide. It wasn't a placebo. It was real. It wasn't a placebo. It was real. It wasn't a placebo. It was real. It wasn't a placebo. It was real. THERE.

It's hard to describe the buzz, since it is different from anything I've ever taken, but I will compare it to dosing on poppy seed tea. Maybe even like a good tramadol buzz. I guess the closest thing I can describe it as would be a combination of the two. The buzz is really nice, and it lasts all day... about 8-10 hours. Not as good as morphine, but definitely euphoric and nice. It is very hard to sleep at the end of the buzz, just like with morphine or poppy seed tea. I also tend to chain smoke when high on loperamide. I love going to work when high on loperamide, it makes the time pass so much more easily and I am in just a great mood. Just like with poppy seed tea. I won't go into the blood brain barrier thing; suffice it to say that in my opinion and from my experience, it is obvious that at high enough doses, the miniscule amoung that actually does cross the BBB (and some of it does, in small amounts) adds up to enough to produce euphoria.

The only drawback is you can't dose every day. You have to wait a MINIMUM of 3 days between doses. I don't know why this is, but if I try to dose again the next day or the 2nd day, I wind up with an uncomfortable body buzz. Strange but true.

Tolerance goes up fast with loperamide. The last time I caught a really good buzz with it required 170 pills (340 mg). It takes an 80 mg maintenance dose for me every day to keep withdrawals away, up from 30 mg when I first settled into this habit. Some people may balk at that, but I don't see how that is any different from other users taking huge doses... like say, 300 mg... of oxycontin or other pharmaceuticals.

I've never had a major problem with constipation, even at these high doses. The longest I'll go without taking a crap is two days, and I've never actually been painfully constipated. Contrary to popular belief, taking high doses of immodium is practically the same as taking high doses of any other opiate/opioid. You get used to it and you'll still manage to shit when you have to. Heroin users, oxycontin users, vicodin users, methadone users, all of these opioid users manage to crap fairly regularly. It's the same with loperamide. I've yet to hear of someone who took so much of an opiate that they never shit again (that's what I hear from people about loperamide, "you'll never shit again!")... unless they OD'd and died.

The only thing I really care about here is that some people might realize that loperamide can be a lifesaver when it comes to withdrawals. I see so many threads with people crying 'help, wd's!' and 'wd's, what do i do?'. I don't know how effective it would be for IV heroin users, but it worked for me when I was at the top of my tolerance for poppy seed tea and poppy pods. I can't help thinking that if only these people knew that they could take a handful of loperamide and it would get them through a day or two of withdrawals until they got their scripts filled or were able to score again. It's a shame that people have to suffer withdrawals for no reason when there is such a readily available means to counter them.

So anyway, there's my trip report, take it or leave it, I don't care anymore. I'm through with trying to convince folks. I just figured it deserved a spot here in the trip reports forum.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_loperamide
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
explevel_retrospective
exptype_positive
exptype_healthissues
exptype_bodyload
exptype_addiction
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
this report reminded me the day i got high with aspirin, i should write a tr about it i guess

Slay said:
this report reminded me the day i got high with aspirin, i should write a tr about it i guess

I give free lessons in sarcasm. Sounds like you could use a few.

Lysis said:
Who wants to take 96 pills? <gag>

I don't. I'm tired of it to be honest, but it's like any other opioid. You stop, you withdraw. I'm currently tapering, one fewer each day for about 30 more days until I'm down to zero.

Um, let's keep the scorn to a minimum (that minimum being NONE), please. What purpose does it serve? Thank you. :)

Interesting report, Malfunkshin. I used 40mg of it once to combat kratom withdrawals... I can't say I liked it but it definitely gave me a strong body buzz and eased the withdrawals. It made my limbs feel weak sort of like morphine... no euphoria though.

Thanks for the report malfunkshun. I thouroughly enjoyed reading it, and $%#@ the people who ridicule you. Only you know how your body feels and what works for you.

great report! I've been interested in this for a while. I've never taken an opiate I actually liked and so even though I dont like opiates this was very interesting. I final word I guess as you seem very opiate savvy. So there was genuine euphoria? I wonder if pure loperamide hcl could provide a typical opiate rush when injected or if it can be freebased.

im sorry but i dont think its a smart idea to try and get high of loperamide. First of all it doesn't cross the BBB (blood-brain-barrier) so it shouldn't have any effect on ur CNS. The only thing it attaches to is the receptors in ur intestinal tract. it slows it down so u dont shit so much. thats why its immodium and not a painkiller.

just my 2 cents!

forget all the haters. how can one deny the experience of another? you werent there, and you didnt try it.

I have successfully used loperamide to combat withdraws, but never knew you could get euphoria from it. interesting, indeed!

JahRed24x said:
im sorry but i dont think its a smart idea to try and get high of loperamide. First of all it doesn't cross the BBB (blood-brain-barrier) so it shouldn't have any effect on ur CNS. The only thing it attaches to is the receptors in ur intestinal tract. it slows it down so u dont shit so much. thats why its immodium and not a painkiller.

just my 2 cents!
Loperamide was a painkiller before it was an anti-bowel movement pill. :|

It isn't GOOD at crossing the BBB, but tiny amounts get through. Chronic users of loperamide get withdrawal symptoms similar to regular opiate abusers.

However, the fact that it will have a relatively much larger effect on the gut for the same euphoric effect means you're probably going to constipate yourself much more and possibly have more severe complications as a result, like megacolon or a fecal impaction.

Nice report. This confirms what I've long thought, that loperamide could be used recreationally. I'd considered trying a synth on it, and attempted to use around 40 mg plus quinine (via tonic water) to help with the transition across the BBB, but I guess the key is just a higher dosage.

A couple articles (here) and here confirm that assisting in loperamide's delivery through the BBB using PGP inhibitors result in effects with recreational potential. I just didn't expect that sheer volume of the drug could result in noticable effects.

If I end up attempting your route, I'll post to let others know if this actually worked. My tolerance is extremely low for the first time in years, so now would be a good time to be a human guinea pig. And hey, if it works, theres always bulk loperamide from China to avoid explaining to the grocery store cashier why I am buying several bottles of Imodium per day.

Thanks for the report. I've been thinking about trying this myself, and try to finally prove it one way or the other (at least for my specific metabolism), but was afraid of bad constipation. I mean, it's like my arch-enemy.

Has this heavy of dosing ever been studied before? Could be dangerous, perhaps. Hope everyone who's rushing to the pharmacy thinks about that.

Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. So you caught a buzz off loperamide. Now don't blow your tolerance on that tramadol!!! LO fucking L.

I don't have an opinion on this specific instance, but as to 'how can you deny the experience of others'...

Well a lot of people are absolute fucking idiots. And a lot more will try to pull other people into the same boat as them because misery loves company. Not to mention that at least 2 people in the world exist who might lie because they find it pleasurable.

But if you really believe everything everyone says, I don't expect you to be able to read and understand my post. You must have enough trouble feeding yourself.

StaffWriter said:
Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. So you caught a buzz off loperamide. Now don't blow your tolerance on that tramadol!!! LO fucking L.

Its really not much dumber than getting a buzz off heroin or Hydrocodone. An opiate is an opiate, if it works for him who cares, are you the fashionable drug police? If youre going to be rude please dont post in TR.