• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

Wow, I'm surprised at how long this thread lasted. I personally love going through these long threads and snickering at all the sarcastic/witty comments.. hehe.

but I just wanted to add my experience with loperamide...

I first got hooked to oxy/morphine and was taking this steadily for like 4 months. I thought I had found the holygrail.. little did I know what I was in for when I had to stop abruptly. I then proceeded to the street to quell my spiritual hunger, and eventually had to stop that as well. and when that dreaded time came around, boy was I sick. most of you are aware of the depths of depravity into which one sinks when in the throws of opiate withdrawal.

anyway, i had read that otc loperamide helps with wd's, so reluctantly i dragged myself to the supermarket, hairs on my neck standing on end, keeping my buttocks clamped tightly, and purchased a bottle of it. i got home and tried a few (not into doing massive doses of anything) and forgot i had taken it. about an hour or so later, i realized that i wasn't shivering, feeling sick, or deep sadness. and this is what is the worst for me when it comes to withdrawals. give me flu symptoms any day, but the depression is almost insurmountable. but it was gone. it was amazing. and that in itself is enough to make me bump up loperamide to an area of respect. when youre that sick, a brief recourse is all one wishes for. but the loperamide seemed to take away the terror, and add a slight tinge of "feeling good". as for getting high or whatever, i personally don't think that you could ever get anywhere near an oxy, heroin, or even vicodin high. i would put it on par with codeine, maybe a little less potent? a little more? i don't know, if youre looking to get super high i think you will be sorely disappointed. but in the acute stages of withdrawal, relief is tantamount. and loperamide provided me relief.

ANYONE that thinks loperamide helps with withdrawal (other than the shits) is just dead wrong. And also has no clue how organic chemistry works or bio chemistry. Loperamide simply does NOT cross the blood-brain barrier. Thats a simple fact. It just doesnt. Nothing you can do, wishing, hoping, whatever will not make the molecule cross the blood-brain barrier. So the only way loperamide has ANY activity is in the bowels where it hooks up to ur intestines opiate receptors and causes you to shit less. Thats it!

The amount of people who will say Loperamide has any activity to get high or help with withdrawal are the EXACT amount of people that would say the same thing in a placebo study. Thats just the nature of placebo, but people will deny it because they dont wanna believe that they were actually "fooled" into feeling better. But thats the case. Anyone that says otherwise, just have a quick laugh and feel sorry for the poor souls that dont know the difference.

If you are really in withdrawals, Clonidine is MUCH MUCH MUCH more helpful and will get rid of most of the shivering and hot/cold sweats and i think its a lifesaver.

By the way the people that say lope helps with w/d are not nearly as dumb to me as the people who are claiming to get high off the stuff. It reminds me of those people i met in jail who would swear tylenol would give you a buzz. But im sure it will continue, so let the Lope threads continue.

Ever tried it to help with withdrawal? If not then you're really not in a position to make a claim about it. I tried a lot of stuff claimed to help with withdrawals, and lope is the only thing that actually worked. What reason would my brain have had for being fooled by one thing and not others? My runny nose and watery eyes would stop, my bone soreness would stop, my RLS would stop, and yes of course my diarrhea would stop too.

I find it quite arrogant to dismiss the claims of a great number of individuals who know what they're about (come on, long-term opiate addicts know whether they're in full withdrawal or not, give me a break), just because you decide it can't possibly be true. You're basically saying, "according to what I've learned, loperamide shouldn't work to help opiate withdrawal, therefore EVERYONE who has experienced otherwise is stupid".

For whatever reason, it works. I invite you to get addicted to opiates and give it a shot.

But yeah clonidine is great, and certainly safer than high dose loperamide.

Last edited:
Well I just took 24 2mg tablets hope I dont end up in ER? Alittle about my history been an addict for 10+ years. For the past two years ive been on suboxone 8mg, some days I take 1-2 films others 3+. Which causes me to run short usually I just cut back and take 1 when I'm running low. This time I didn't make it to the Dr in time. I go in 12 hours just can't take this feeling all night. For me suboxone has been a lifesaver I used to use a brick (yes a brick not a bun) or more (some days 2-3)of dope everyday for years. I cannot function without an opiate of somesort... Ive heard this stuff works. So I'll repost if this $hit does. Its only been an hr so idk plus I'm sure 24 2mg pills isn't the megadose I need. One poster talked about clonidine working. I can safely say yes the high blood pressure medicine works!!!

They were right.. Hey kids, theres no hope in dope?

At 48mg you should feel some relief from withdrawals. Depends on your tolerance and individual response to loperamide.

I hope you have done adequate research and you fully understand the risks of what you are doing.

Give it 3-4 hours before deciding whether it's working or not... It can take several hours to peak fully. Try not to take anymore if you don't have too.

Also, people report that tolerance rises rapidly with loperamide. When they find a dosage that works and they continue to use it day after day, it's often reported that dosage quickly escilates. This is how people wind up seriously hooked on high mega doses... It's a dangerous and horrible place to find yourself in.

If it works for you, then please try to only take as little as possible and only use it when you have absolutely no other options available.

Good luck.

Thanks.. Well I'm semi better. Tonight was only a rare thing I'm prescribed suboxone. I will say it works, surprisingly. I'm not doing all that great if I had another 24 would def take them. But the average person shouldn't have too. I go to the Dr in the morning so its whatever I'll live. That's saying a lot if this was a placebo I wouldn't be typing this right now!!!!

PLEASE be careful with lopermide. My boyfriend overdosed and died on it not 3 months ago. You may think it is harmless, but it CAN stop your heart at high doses. There are not a ton of recorded cases because they never tested people for it in the past, but it is very dangerous.
I am sorry for your loss.

"Never shit again" that made me laugh. I've used lorperamide for WD but never tried a high dose. Glad you had some success with it, and aren't condemned to eternal constipation haha. Might give this a try when I get a chance. I know structurally it's similar to methadone apart from the obvious not crossing the BBB, so maybe a higher dose could be useful for withdrawals.. I will use caution though as overdoses on this stuff do happen.. and that gives a whole new meaning to never shitting again. But jokes aside, this isn't something designed to be taken in such doses so caution is essential, as with any unknown drug.

Just my 2 cents about lope. I have been on 112 50mg tramadol monthly for about 11 years and 112oxy 10's for 3. My 1 month script only lasts me about 2 weeks now so w/d and I are close friends. The last 2 times I tried Gaba with some luck but little to no sleep. I took so much I was sleep walking and running into shit. Good times. So this time I tried lope. Took my last 2 tramadol at 1pm yesterday then scared to death of w/d I took 11 lope (22mg) at 5pm. No juice, no tagamet. I took a nap and at 6:30 woke up feeling good and made dinner. Since I'm the fucking queen of "If you're gonna have one might as well have two!" I took 12 more. Dumbass. Well about 15 minutes later it fully kicked in. I seriously regretted taking the other 12 immediately. I was just tired. Heavy and omg thirsty. I'm a one drink a day sipper and I drank 3 sodas and 2 waters last night. I never felt the other 12 kick in, but I was out by 11 when im usually up til 2. I woke at 9 with no w/d but lethargic as hell and still thirsty. Have not dosed again and it's near 5pm. No sweats, ate and drank fine. I never get depression or any mood issues so I can't comment on that. I'll dose again around 7pm but only 11 ONCE! If what I felt was the "high", no thanks.

Can anyone recommend anything for the lethargy? Is that the lope or w/d? I have been in bed all day. Not sleeping, just lying here.

If this wasn't the right spot I apologize. Noob?

Ever tried it to help with withdrawal? If not then you're really not in a position to make a claim about it. I tried a lot of stuff claimed to help with withdrawals, and lope is the only thing that actually worked. What reason would my brain have had for being fooled by one thing and not others? My runny nose and watery eyes would stop, my bone soreness would stop, my RLS would stop, and yes of course my diarrhea would stop too.

I find it quite arrogant to dismiss the claims of a great number of individuals who know what they're about (come on, long-term opiate addicts know whether they're in full withdrawal or not, give me a break), just because you decide it can't possibly be true. You're basically saying, "according to what I've learned, loperamide shouldn't work to help opiate withdrawal, therefore EVERYONE who has experienced otherwise is stupid".

For whatever reason, it works. I invite you to get addicted to opiates and give it a shot.

Wow, this is the most replies I have ever seen on a trip report. There's a lot of good information in here, too. I've looked up information on loperamide before, and found nothing this comprehensive. It would be great to create something Small and Handy (or something similar) out of this so the crap can be filtered out.

Useful tidbits:
-Opiate withdrawal symptoms are not all central, so loperamide may relieve peripheral symptoms of withdrawal for some
-Loperamide does a bad job of crossing the blood brain barrier, but that's not to say that it can't cross it at all
-Loperamide may have neurotoxicity risks
-The placebo effect is real, but so too is the proverb "your mileage may vary". Shulgin's interest in psychoactive chemistry came about when he tranquilized himself with white sugar. Drug effects are chameleonic and hard to tease out.
-And lots more

Also, loperamide is very bad for your heart at high dosages. There is an anecdote in this thread about someone whose boyfriend died after taking a bunch of it for a long period of time, actually various anecdotes are around about serious health problems. It's very risky and very bad for you. But, it does reduce a lot of the opiate withdrawal symptoms a lot for many people. I find the restlessness is the worst part of withdrawal, since I can't sleep and constantly feel like I need to crawl out of my skin and stretch my legs and arms, but a moderate or high dose of loperamide almost completely removes that so for me it was a godsend in my opiate years.

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I just wrote The above post before reading the rules. I didn't realize we weren't supposed to say SWIM, so I'm editing and reposting my story. I'm sorry, and I don't mean to make 2 almost identical posts right next to each other. I just want to get this out there because I almost died from it just over a month ago. Please feel free to delete my first post, but I'm begging you to leave this one up. It may save a life!

Hi guys. I am new to this site and wanted to share a story to, hopefully, prevent anyone from hurting themselves. Loperamide/Immodium can be dangerous, no bullshit! People may think I'm trolling or whatever, but I'm only here to inform. I discovered lope a few years ago, and found it helpful to get rid of wd's, but also found that enough of it could make me feel fairly good if not taken too frequently. Eventually, i went on Sub's for my love of opiates and didn't have to mess with it anymore. I'd been off subs for about a year, and got squirly about 1.5-2 months ago. I messed around with lope again for about 2 weeks or so, starting off with about 100mgs (with no tolerance), and went up from there. Like anything else, i had the mentality that if a little feels good, a lot will feel excellent. So, one night, i bought a bottle of 200 with the intention of taking 100 pills twice over the course of the next week or so. However, with my addict mentality, i ended up downing them all (yes, i realized how dumb it was at the time, but was in that "fuck it. Watever is going to happen is going to happen," place. Add this to extreme depression, and you've got a volatile combination. Now, there are those people out there who will say that it doesn't cross the BBB, and doesn't do anything but cure diarrhea, but they've obviously never tried it at a high enough dose (don't knock it until you've tried it) because by the end of the night, i was slurring my words very noticeably and having trouble keeping my eyes open. I'd been here before with real dope, so he thought nothing of it and went to sleep. When i woke up, i thought i was still dreaming,
because i didn't know where i was and was confused as hell. Turns out i was in the back of an ambulance heading to the er. When i asked what was going on, the paramedics told me I'd od'd. Impossible i said, because i hadn't taken anything. Took a few minutes to realize that it must have been the lope, because they told me it had taken 2 shots of naloxone to bring me back. Fortunately, my girlfriend had found me when she did, be cause the high dose had triggered a full blown NSTEMI heart attack. All the narcotics tests had come back negative, since they don't test for lope, so at least i didn't have to explain another drug related hospitalization to my family. I spent another 4 days in the hospital under observation, because they couldn't figure out what had caused the heart attack in the first place. They ended up deciding that it was triggered by a seizure since I'm also epileptic. I am home now and back to 100%. Fortunately, my gf had found me right after it had happened and there was no brain damage (i had stopped breathing almost entirely for a little while). So, the main point of this post is to warn everyone that otc does not mean safe. My story will be posted in any other lope related threads, not to double post the same story but to warn people. I realize that this was a downright idiotic move on my part, but as i said, depression+ addiction + not giving a damn = recipe for disaster. Therefore, i would like to skip all the criticism, because i knew it was dangerous but just didn't care. So, the moral of this story is BE CAREFUL with this stuff. just because it isn't regulated by the DEA doesn't mean it's not dangerous. I would almost recommend sticking to real dope that you are familiar with and know the right amount to take (this is not 100% safe by any means, but obviously, it's not necessarily 100% more dangerous either). If you are going to take the plunge, start small and give yourself a few days in between each use. Lope had a pretty long half - life (19 hours), so you may end up taking more than intended if taken too close together. I'M NOT A TROLL MAKING SHIT UP AND TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT. JUST SOMEONE TRYING TO POSSIBLY SAVE LIVES! Also, please don't take this post down for appearing in more than 1 thread. I want to reach as many people as possible and tell my story to warn them. So, to drug lovers everywhere, stay up and STAY SAFE!

Hey no worries, I removed your first post, and thanks for paying attention to the rules. :)

Yeah high-dose loperamide is really bad for your heart. This isn't the first story I've heard about heart troubles or heart attacks from it. Be safe people...

I'm coming off of lopermaide was rushed to the er on Tuesday because of it. So I'm wondering how long of a withdrawal period been using for 8 months.

I'm coming off of lopermaide was rushed to the er on Tuesday because of it. So I'm wondering how long of a withdrawal period been using for 8 months.

I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully you can fully recover with no lasting effects. You made it to the ER thankfully, some aren't so lucky. We try to spread the word how dangerous it is to use lope beyond it's therapeutic indication but unfortunately there are tons of people out there who either still don't know, don't think it'll happen to them, don't care or otherwise feel they are stuck with no better options.

You are probably feeling awful right now so I understand if you are not up to it, but would you be willing to elaborate on what happened? Your story could help persuade others, plus I'm interested and I'm sure others will be too.

As for your question: you said you've been taking it for 8 months. I don't know specifically how long withdrawals will last from lope but others might know. How much were you taking daily? It might help others give a better answer if you tell us how much and how often you were dosing.

I found this thread to be very informative, thanks for starting it Malfunkshun. Being a chronic pain patient that recently got booted off pain management, I think I might give this a try sine life is hell right now. I have a super, mega opioid tolerance from decades of everything from oxy to morphine to heroin to fent and some of it's analogs, methadone, subs, pretty much any opi you can think of, all in huge amounts for decades, same for benzos, especially xannys, for panic disorder (when it comes to drugs, I like to play with fire. Before all you HR Bible thumpers, know-it-all assholes, and haters spring on me, which I don't give a fuck what you say and don't care what you think, I'm not recommending that people do like me and play with fire, I'm just saying that I do.

I've made it to page 6 of the thread (I'll read the rest) so idk if this was posted somewhere, but I read a post about someone contemplating IV loperamide. Don't IV the stuff. I know of at least one person who died from IV lope. Anyway, that's why I hurried and made this post, and to say thank you to Malfunkshun for starting a thread which really does need to be here. For people who live in the middle of nowhere and have no connects in their new, rural hell they've only been living in for a few years, lope may be your best option until you can find another pain doc to treat you with high dose, round-the -clock opioid therapy, which is the only thing that has worked for me during the 20+ years I've had severe, chronic pain. Why so many dick faces felt the need to jump on Malfunkshun for sharing a trip report and his experiences, the purpose of this forum, I don't know. Don't like this thread ? Don't read it or post in it. Kinda like if you don't like a movie, don't watch it. I hate weed, speed, dissos, hallucinogens, empathogens, pretty much anything that isn't a downer, so I don't consume speeds, dissos, weed, hallucinogens, empathogens, ect... It's not that hard to figure out. But I felt I needed to post the think about IV lope killing at least one person, ya know, in the interest of harm reduction, for people that place so much value on their lives that we stick needles in ourselves to inject heroin, roxys, and various other stuff (myself included).

You might get high, but it can cause your intestines to seize. I am w/d-ing from pst now, and 3 or 4 is enough to get a little relief.