• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.4%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 44 5.9%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.8%

• Total voters
In order of difficulty:
Klonopin, Methadone, Suboxone, Paxil, Oxies, Heroin

But here's any interesting question: what drug poisoning/overdose has made you the sickest?

For me, Oxymorphone trumps all.

I can't even remember how many times I detoxed from various opiates (H, Oxy, hydromorphone, codeine...). Quitting a strong opiate is hard, of course, but with good meds it's very doable imo. I wouldn't be intimidated by an opiate detox anymore... even tho the last time I had to clean up was in 2007. My Xanax detox 10 years ago, on the other hand, was the most frightening, painful and long WD I ever had to go through. The anguish was indescribable. It is impossible to do anything at all in this condition. It took 2 years before I could sleep normally again. All those who experienced both forms of wd will tell you that a strong addiction to benzos is the hardest to kick.

PS I never experienced a methadone or bupe detox, but from what I heard it sux big time compared to H or Oxy...

For me, Suboxone withdrawal was the worst....It just lasted so fucking long, it was ridiculous....I'd almost rather just go through 5 days of horrible WD, than a month of on and off lingering symptoms.....It just makes you so weak and depressed for so long....Of course I've only done it once....

In 16 years of shooting heroin, I've only completely detoxed off opiates to where I made it at least 2 weeks from my last time using maybe 5-6 times!

But here's any interesting question: what drug poisoning/overdose has made you the sickest?

For me, Oxymorphone trumps all.

fentanyl takes the cake in respect to that in my experience. so fucking horrible. there was a guy in BDD posting of his buddies symptoms, describing them as hardcore wd, and there are actually some similarities, too, but much much much worse because you are OD'ing. if you didn't know the little nuances differentiating the wd's from OD symptoms, it's easy to understand the confusion and mixup.

Only up to page 9 and SO GLAD I found this forum before I decided to get any more xanax. (I posted in the getting sober section)

ive experienced withdrawal from heroin, methadone, and benzodiazipines. BENZOs by far..as they and alchohol withdrawals are two that can definitely be fatal. ugh. !

I found methamphetamine's to be the easiest to withdrawal for me. I found methadone, opioid and benzos to be the three worst ever! I would list cocaine as the fourth. Crack is sooooo hard to stop but in a totally different way. Crack has you chasing that rush but did not leave me in horrific pain like opioid and methadone. I totally threw away my phone and got a new one with a new number and got rid of all dealers phone numbers etc and went to Florida and used the beach as a natural meditation. I have now been off crack for 5 years. I have been clean from other drugs for 4 years and 6 months the 25th of this month. I did admit myself in rehab, it was the best thing I ever did! I was unable to stop on my on. I found myself self medicating and relapsing without rehab. Rehab worked for me! My prayers are with everyone out there trying to stop. I hope this may have at least helped someone and made a difference in someone's life. It hard at first and probably one of the most hardest things you will ever have to do! However, you can do it!!!!!!! ;)

Longhauler... Hi there! I think I have been through them all :( I have to say Longhauler that Methadone was the worst!!!!!! Coming off things like Dilaudid made me feel like the flu times ten as you know but Methadone. Dear God, it felt like my bones were cracking in half! I am a Cancer Patient, Advanced Stage and Dear Lord let me tell you that Methadone is very similar to Cancer in the bones. Just a little fyi. Have a great day! ;)

Totally agree! I would like to add when you get down to 40mg of Methadone. You can stop and wait 4 to 5 days until you feel like you are dying basically. You will need to be in withdrawal such as vomiting, diarrhea, sweats, cold sweats, hot flashes, bones excruciating pain then take a suboxone! You then will be relieved! However, you must taper that suboxone and do it in a short manner. Do not take for an extended period of time. You must ween off the suboxone and it will not leave you sick just TAPER THE SUBOXONE! You then will find yourself detoxed and off opioid! Now that is if you are able to take suboxone. I was able to fine. I have 4 years and 6 months clean. =D

Longhauler... Hi there! I think I have been through them all :( I have to say Longhauler that Methadone was the worst!!!!!! Coming off things like Dilaudid made me feel like the flu times ten as you know but Methadone. Dear God, it felt like my bones were cracking in half! I am a Cancer Patient, Advanced Stage and Dear Lord let me tell you that Methadone is very similar to Cancer in the bones. Just a little fyi. Have a great day! ;)

Well, this is no competition of course... From what Ive heard, I believe that methadone or bupe wd are harder than other opiates to kick.. All I know is that I would welcome an opiate detox any day of the week instead of another benzo nightmare... Even with a very slow valium taper, I still suffered like a motherfucker. Whereas my last slow opiate tapers with other meds (pregabalin, clonidine, orphenadrine, flexeril, etc. used on the first days of each dose drop) was ALMOST painless.

fentanyl takes the cake in respect to that in my experience. so fucking horrible. there was a guy in BDD posting of his buddies symptoms, describing them as hardcore wd, and there are actually some similarities, too, but much much much worse because you are OD'ing. if you didn't know the little nuances differentiating the wd's from OD symptoms, it's easy to understand the confusion and mixup.

You got me curious here tentram.

the few times I took too much fent , I just had that passing out before feeling the rush thing going on , was the guy actually on the verge of dying or was it the patches maybe?

i think he was on the verge of dropping out. he'd taken something lile 40mg IV hydromorphone and had 125mcg/hr worth of fent sitting in his mouth :|

idiot repeated it with the same results. go figure, right.

Seriously? Why isn't GHB/GBL up on this list with benzos and alcohol? It inhibits the GABA receptors just like benzos and alcohol and most that have done both will say GHB is the worst, mainly because it's very short-acting. I hear GHB withdrawal is like alprazolam but more intense.

I know it doesn't compare to real withdrawals. But having to quit synthetic pot was one of the hardest things I ever did

Because G isnt as available as benzos and alcohol...

In the states I guess here in the Netherlands the black market for benzos is pretty much inexistant but Ghb/Gbl is everywhere!