• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.4%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 44 5.9%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.8%

• Total voters
Heroin/Methadone, for sure. Alcohol/Benzo WD's can be life threatening but there are alot of very effective medications to gradually take you off it wiht very mild discomfort. Opiates on the other hand always have agonizing WD's even with bupe or the like. At least for me any way.

oxycontin for me.I have talked to many people about this topic,and they all agreed it was benzos.[these guys are herion addicts also]

the worst drugs to have withdrawls from which can be life threatneing are: alcohol, barbiturates, and lastly benzodiazepines. (physical w/d)

as far as mental for me personally, heroin, them w/d suck...oh yeah and excessive amphetamine use following a crash with a combo of sleep deprivation and malnutirition not eating for days. i go crazy curling my toes in a fetal position just craving for a fix (mentally)

but physically the worst, known facts i put at the top, for physical w/d

H would be the worst. I felt like I'd aged 40 years in 1 day! Restless leg syndrome(which I've never had), I had restless 'body' syndrome! terrible, uncontrollable diarrhea.... Tired, but cant sleep for more than 1/2 hour at a time.
Body pains, major depression! No energy! Didn't want to move at all, all my muscles and joints ached if I walked around! This lasted 5 days in Detox, and the 6th day felt just as bad as the 2nd, so I borrowed money, and bought more H! After doing 1/2 bag, All the bad stuff listed above completely disappeared, and within 10 minutes, I was completely happy and comfortable! It was then that I realized Methadone was my only option to get off it.... I simply couldn't deal with H withdraw for days on end!

Opiate withdrawal is the only thing I've been through. W/Ding from H definitely sucks...but I think oxy actually had more bad symptoms.

NoExpert said:
H would be the worst. I felt like I'd aged 40 years in 1 day! Restless leg syndrome(which I've never had), I had restless 'body' syndrome! terrible, uncontrollable diarrhea.... Tired, but cant sleep for more than 1/2 hour at a time.
Body pains, major depression! No energy! Didn't want to move at all, all my muscles and joints ached if I walked around! This lasted 5 days in Detox, and the 6th day felt just as bad as the 2nd, so I borrowed money, and bought more H! After doing 1/2 bag, All the bad stuff listed above completely disappeared, and within 10 minutes, I was completely happy and comfortable! It was then that I realized Methadone was my only option to get off it.... I simply couldn't deal with H withdraw for days on end!

Seems like kind of a rash decision but you know yourself better than me. But IMO you should've held out a couple more days, you were almost past the physical W/Ds if that is the only reason you want to go on methadone. Its usually the psychological shit that gets people. The cravings that hit after the bad physical w/ds subside..

Going through oxy withdrawal right now.

I'd have to say its a toss up between oxy and dilaudid. Both of these have some very nasty anxiety. I shoot up between 3 and 5 Oxy 80s a day or 5-7 8mg dillys if I can't get the Oxy. I am going to attempt to quit for good after I finish this last shot of Oxy. One last 80mg. I just love that green pill. All week long, I have been cutting down. I've even skipped a few days. I have to do this while at work. It is horrible but I have no choice. I have to get my bills caught up. The Oxy makes me not pay bills or pay them late. I'm finally just tired of this life style. I can't say that I wont ever do them again but I'm going at least a year this time. The longest time that I have been clean is 3 weeks in the last year. I have also had some 1 week breaks. I have also been through Benzo withdrawal after I used xanax to get off of oxy. I took 4mg a day (two bars) for 3 weeks and then stopped. The withdrawals lasted for about a week. Benzo withdrawals are bad. The seizure risk is probably the scariest part. But to answer the question: Dilaudid - intense anxiety plus all of the rest of the symptoms. Oxy - extreme restlessness and depression. Xanax - worse than you can imagine. I really hate not sleeping. When you come off of opiates or benzos, you can forget about sleep for at least a week.

I havent been addicted to many drugs so I cant say for sure. But the one drug Iv been physically and psychologically addicted to was Tramadol, and the wds SUCKED.

the first 4 days were typical opiate wd symptoms, just driving me crazy. only got like 5 hours of sleep in 3 days.
the physical wds were nothing compared to the psychological wds. I constantly had mood swings, had no motivation and got suicidal. the depression lasted about a couple of months and then I got back to normal.
but after a 2 year 400mg a day habbit, the cravings never really go away.

after reading all the stories on benzo wds, Id have to say they are the worst to wd from.
opiate wd is painful but benzos are just plain evil.

Personally (from what I've experienced), heroin withdrawals.

From what I've seen/heard, it's gotta be benzo withdrawals.

Withdrawing from oxy's, the worst part I remember being was the complete restlessness. Some insomnia but not too bad. Heroin has been by far the worst for me. No sleep for days and nights on end. Nausea and stomach problems, no appetite. Severe depression. Can't sleep, can't eat, can barely move. Body aches, especially the back, so bad you can't describe them. I don't know what's worse, the physical symptoms or the psychological ones.
Years ago when I was doing coke nearly every day, I remember an intense craving for it when I couldn't get it, but no real withdrawals.

One question, and someone mentioned it earlier in the thread... I've been told that benzos and alcohol are the only drugs that can directly relate to you dying withdrawing fom them. True or no???

Back to the dope. I got my hands on a good amount of suboxone earlier in the week along with some klonopin. Tried weening myself off the dope a little bit this week. Gonna give cleaning up another shot starting this weekend. I'm dreading it just thinking about it but I gotta take some time off and get straightened out for a bit.

oxycodone....the worst drug ever!!!! i was on 120mgs. of oxycodone for over a year and if i missed a dose by just 20 minutes, i would get violently ill..i am now on methadone and it saved my life
and i use to inject crystal meth into my arms almost everyday...i quit that with no problem..
i just wish that doctors would advise patients how bad the physical dependence can be...and that if there is a problem with that patient, that they can go to the doctor to receive methadone treatment or some other kind of treatment.
before i started taking oxys, i never in a million years would have imagined how mentally and physically addicting opiate drugs can be

Methadone for opiates and though I have never WD'd from benzos or barb's I'm sure it's hell.
Oh my methadone W/D's were still going strong 3 weeks in, then I went back cause I couldn't take it anymore.

heroin withdrawal i pretty bad. but IME it's over pretty quick, or at least for me after day 3 or 4 I start to feel noticeably better. My use with heroin was semi inconsistent, meaning I'd use every day if i could afford it, but occasionally I'd be broke. daily use of heroin, being high all day every day and then quitting cold turkey must be pretty insane.

klonopin withdrawal was almost worse than heroin withdrawal (possibly even worse). The initial withdrawal didn't seem as intense as heroin but the thing about klonopin withdrawal is that it takes for-fucking-ever to start feeling better.

I swear it took at least 3 weeks to feel any real improvement. So IMO benzo withdrawal is probably worse, simply because it takes so damn long before you feel any better at all. And I was only using daily for about 5 months at most.

I was using about 6-10mgs a day of klonopin btw.
Opiates and benzos are the only drugs i've had hardcore withdrawals from and i'd say klonopin is probably worse than heroin to withdrawal from (depending on your dose of course).

putana said:
One question, and someone mentioned it earlier in the thread... I've been told that benzos and alcohol are the only drugs that can directly relate to you dying withdrawing fom them. True or no???

Yep. When you withdrawal from benzos, barbituates, alcohol (anything that acts on GABA receptors), you're seizure threshold is MASSIVELY lowered. You're pretty much guaranteed a seizure if you don't taper correctly and depending on how bad the w/ds are, the seizure can be fatal.

For me the worst part of H withdrawal is the restless legs. I can handle every part of it, even the vomitting and nausea, but not those restless legs. I just pace back and forth for hours because I can't sit or lay down longer than 30 seconds. I've paced from 9 pm to 4 am straight once.

Benzo withdrawal is by far the worst withdrawal compared to any other drug out there.

I've been threw it wayyyy too many times :(

my worst withdrawal? cocaine.

nothing compared to heroin, meth, or other opiates i know, but coke is the only thing i've had to 'withdraw' from, besides paxil.