• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Things you'd never wear...

Jamshyd

Bluelight Crew
I'm pretty anal when it comes to clothing. I realize the following list is all items that many people wear regularly and never give thought about... I used to be worse, but still:

I'd never wear blue jeans, especially light-blue.

I'd never wear shorts in public.

I'd never wear flip-flops or sandals.

I'd never wear anything with an Adidas or Tommy logo on it...

No jeans, shorts, or sandals?! I've never heard of such a thing.

I'll never wear a v-neck t-shirt or girl's pants.

shorts in public (they're weird)
leggings
spandex
high heeled shoes

There's a ton more that I can't think of right now. I'm sure I will add more to the thread as I think of it later. I dress for comfort mainly and it doesn't look like I'm very picky about what I wear, but I am.

Jamshyd said:
I'm pretty anal when it comes to clothing. I realize the following list is all items that many people wear regularly and never give thought about... I used to be worse, but still:

Why?! Your list of proscribed clothing makes you sound like you never go outside, never play any sports, never ride a bike, never swim or even go to the beach. I went for a 50 mile bike ride the other day wearing spandex shorts, sandals that clip into my pedals, and a light blue Adidas bike jersey. I don't think you and I would enjoy each other's company if we knew each other.

I never ever thought I'd wear flip flips, but I started to because most sandals are so dorky anyways and around here (west coast) everyone wears them, so it's not like I'd stand out, which normally I like, but since I used to have an aversion for flip flips this somehow seemed like a valid point in buying them. Also I would rather be barefoot most of the time, but if I can't then there are always teh flops.

I don't wear anything with brand logos on them, period. I rip all tags out of my clothing too. Fuck that shit.

socko said:
Why?! Your list of proscribed clothing makes you sound like you never go outside, never play any sports, never ride a bike, never swim or even go to the beach. I went for a 50 mile bike ride the other day wearing spandex shorts, sandals that clip into my pedals, and a light blue Adidas bike jersey. I don't think you and I would enjoy each other's company if we knew each other.

he he he. siriusly? how silly. the chances of you enjoying his company because of the clothing he chooses not to wear are about 50/50. one might even ask, do you often base your friendships on whether or not they wear similar clothing as you? maybe Jamshyd has other things in common with you that aren't obvious from the outside.

different strokes for different folks my friend!

I had a boss a few years ago who blew up at me and became abusive in public because I wore sandals. Everybody else wore them, the temp often exceeded 100 degrees over the summer, there were no rules agaisnt them, but he singled me out and made a "no sandal rule" just for me. We didn't get along after that. Jamshyd's comment about sandals reminded me of that day. Shorts, blue jeans, or Hilfinger clothes arent such a big deal, but sandals will forever remain a sensitive issue. I don't think I could get along with anybody who hates sandals, or at least hates it when other people wear them. When I was interviewing for jobs last year, I even asked the interviewers if they had a No Sandal Rule.

Last edited:
Jamshyd said:

No jeans? Why not? I mean... they're probably the most common kinds of pants ever.

Anyway, I'd never wear one of those brand new Sox baseball hats with the flat, stiff bill positioned 1/3 of the way around the head towards the back. That just looks retarded.

I would never, ever wear a tutu made of silicone breast implants inside of an office building.

... oh wait, thats not true.

turtlenecks and thongs. that's pretty much all i can think of at the moment.

vibr8tor said:
turtlenecks and thongs. that's pretty much all i can think of at the moment.
Reminders! Another couple things I wouldn't wear either vib!
I hate butt floss.................

For everyone here surprised at my statements: I simply don't like the way I look in those clothes. Some people look good in them... for example, shorts look hot on guys with well-built legs and sandals on nice feet. As for Adidas and Tommy, I think these two fashion brands are horrible taste, plain and simple :). Sorry if you like them.

Socko: I'm with Jaymie here, what one wears has nothing to do with how much you'd enjoy their company. In all honesty, you remind me of highschool kids with that post. I don't play team-sports, no. But I do bike, and you can easily bike with stylish pants and a pair of Italian golf shoes (the only type I ever wear!). You can wear whatever you want, not only will I not judge you by that, but I'm also the type that doesn't even notice what people are wearing unless I make an effort to do so...

One look that I do like on other men: baggy black canvass pants with a tight black sleeveless shirt. Looks badass. Unfortunately, I am neither tall not buff enough to pull this one off.

Another look I like is Trenchcoat and half-gloves (think Gambit from X-Men ;)).

Things I will never not wear (meaning this is what I wear everyday):
Jeans
T-shirt
Black shoes
Hat or beanie

zOMG!@
I'm on a college campus, so basically I just try to differentiate myself from frat-boys and hipsters (good bye popped collars and Palestinian head-scarfs worn around the wrong area). ;)

I have also decided that jeans aren't comfortable, so I no longer wear them.

ebola

^ Are the Palestinian scarves still in fashion?? They definitely aren't in bkk.

Haven't worn pasties, a tutu, skinny jeans, a spandex mini skirt, a wedding dress, stilettos, a body stocking or combat fatigues. But I bet when I go to Burning Man, I'll probably wear one or more of these in a day. Don't think I can write anything off.

Oh no...wait. I hay-ate empire waste dresses...you know, all the "stylish" cute dresses out right now?? If you have boobs (and I've got 'em) of any size, you canNOT avoid looking like you're wearing a maternity shirt to hide a baby bump. Even all of my guy friends have secretly made fun of the masses of girls who wear these dresses because they all look PREGNANT! Could we get something more shapely than a fashionable sack??

End fashion rant.

Boob tubes, just because they annoy me, i'm always feeling like i have to be pulling them up.