• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

25B-NB (n-Benzyl-2C-B)

vecktor said:
I assume that mkg = µg or mcg, microgram,
can you provide a link to a trip report or similar. I would also be very interested to see the physical data on the compounds.

also your statements seem to indicate a lot of interesting inconsistancies between the properties of these materials in man and those of the pihkal parents. Also with the published in vitro data with respect to affinity intrinsic activity. in particular I have difficulty understanding
I haven't seen any mention of human trials in english so far. What physycal data do you want to see? Hydrochlorides are white crystalline powders melting between 120 and 200 oC. 1H NMR and mass spectra are available for some of them.

if they are being metabolised rapidly why do they take a long time to come up?
I can't see the logic at all.
Lipophilicity directly influences the duration of onset, as well as the full duration of effects. While some enzyme or enzymes does not allow it neither to last forever like DOB, nor to be orally active.

Erny said:
I haven't seen any mention of human trials in english so far. What physycal data do you want to see? Hydrochlorides are white crystalline powders melting between 120 and 200 oC. 1H NMR and mass spectra are available for some of them.

Lipophilicity directly influences the duration of onset, as well as the full duration of effects. While some enzyme or enzymes does not allow it neither to last forever like DOB, nor to be orally active.

thanks so most of the HCl salts are active around say 0.5 - 1mg insufflated, what doses were tried orally before everyone gave up? I assume the Hydrochlorides are reasonably soluble in water?

it would be very interesting to see if these metabolise in vivo to the parent amines, a la benzphetamine or whether the active species is the N-benzyl amine.

I would suggest that the reason the I is less potent than the Br is because with the added bulk of the N benzyl there is not enough room in the receptor pocket to allow a very bulky 4-substituent as well.

HCl salts have a relatively good solubility in water. And it is interesting that their solubility in methanol and ethanol is sometimes higher, than in water. They also dissolve in CHCl3, like phase transfer catalysts do, also having an amino group surrounded by bulky organic substituents.

Erny said:
HCl salts have a relatively good solubility in water. And it is interesting that their solubility in methanol and ethanol is sometimes higher, than in water. They also dissolve in CHCl3, like phase transfer catalysts do, also having an amino group surrounded by bulky organic substituents.

perhaps that is the reason for the lack of oral activity, they end up being locked up in lipids?

a couple of phenethylamine hydrochlorides with bulky 4 positions also dissolve in chloroform and DCM, which if not known about causes problems with purification.

all very interesting.
would you mind translating the reports?

vecktor

The largest per os assay was with 30 mg NBOMe-2C-B. It gave a light +1/2 by Shulgin scale, only little stronger than 3 mg per os that can also be felt as a +/- threshold. And it could have been the adsorption through the mucous membrane. There are very few literary reports. The most detailed are about overdoses. ;)

Have you tried any of the non-methoxylated variants? I have a weird feeling about the 2-methoxy group facilitating clearance (but maybe it's nothing).

putting alkoxys on both ring should prevent epoxidative pathway too, in my feeling. (no backup data)

anyone have metabolic data of the p-methoxynapthyl one?

Bom-c-i

Not so long ago I have tried one new compound that was presented as BOM-CI to me
I could not find the formula for this one, but I think it was one of these N-benzyl-phenethylamines (2-meo)?
It was a small pill with only 1mg of bom-ci in it, and it was told to me that it works only if you snort it. I have very high sensitivity to all PEAs, so I decided to try only half (500mics).
So I made a powder from pill and snorted it. I didn’t have any discomfort in nose and effects started to come up after about 10 minuets.
The trip was very intense with a lot of multilayered visual patterns, strange, but some of them reminded me my usual tryptamine visuals, and people were looking very grotesque. Both OEV and CEV were very colorful and multidimensional.
The mental aspect of the trip was also very intense and I even started to have a small paranoia about myself and people that was surrounding me, but also there were a lot of productive thoughts and personal insights.
Body feeling – usually I have a lot of unpleasant muscle tension on PEAs, this time it wasn’t that bad, yes, the general “PEA feeling” was present, but comparing with other PEAs the body feeling was pretty smooth.
The trip lasted about 6 hours plus some after-effects.
All in all I was really impressed with this compound, it gave me some insights and visuals that are uncommon for other PEAs and it has the feeling of freshness in it.

But still, tryptamines are much better for me:)

Why would anyone put something orally inactive into a pill???
And not very advanced if you take something "you don't know the formula".

This compounds remain a shady area.

hugo24 said:
And not very advanced if you take something "you don't know the formula".
This compounds remain a shady area.

maybe this were made because of conspiracy
these pills are inactive orally, and also I think it was made to avoid overdoses among useres because active dose is too small
the supplier is trusted, but I don't know the chemister who made this stuff
so I can't be sure in formula
mine opinion this was NBOMe-2C-I

nuke said:
Have you tried any of the non-methoxylated variants? I have a weird feeling about the 2-methoxy group facilitating clearance (but maybe it's nothing).
Not yet. But I am planning to do so, perhaps, with 25B-NB itself.

MurphyClox said:
Where for example?
You can find some in the Heim's dissertation, and I can show you few examples, if you want. They are rather simple.

hugo24 said:
I bet it was a glycine pill. And it can also be taken sublingually.

tryptamineded said:
these pills are inactive orally, and also I think it was made to avoid overdoses among useres because active dose is too small
Apropos of this, 2 mg of NBOMe-2C-I or B can lead to a confusion and/or delirious state, and as little as 4 mg can kill you. This is not an average lethal dose, rather it can be lethal for a sensitive person. I am not one of these, as I have actually overdosed myself by error with 30 mg NBOMe-2C-B once. Not only I am alive, but had no consequences of it at all. But I am certainly not the person to follow the example of.

Taking all that into account, one should never, under any circumstances, take more than one milligram of NBOMe-2C-I or B, if not familiar with the chemical. One third or one half of a milligram is a better idea to start with. Some people may have lover sensitivity, but for the most the doses I have given in my previous posts are reasonable.

Apropos of this, 2 mg of NBOMe-2C-I or B can lead to a confusion and/or delirious state, and as little as 4 mg can kill you
How did you obtain this information? Hopefully not through personal experience.

No kidding. I can't find a single report of a human death; hardly any reliable info about the use of it.

No wonder. The only official publications are from 2006 and 2008, respectively. This class of compounds (i.e. N-benzyl-PEAs) can be considered as quite 'new' shit.

I would approach with maximum care, considering the potencies of some derivatives!

- Murphy

I would love to see a NBOMe analogue of 2C-TFM... the potency could be LSD class...

Riemann Zeta said:
How did you obtain this information? Hopefully not through personal experience.
I know about two cases where people took 2 mg of NBOMe-2C-B and NBOMe-2C-I. The result was almost identical in each case, only B is more potent, and thus more frightening and freaking out. And one more case, where man took 4 mg of NBOMe-2C-B. He was quickly brought to the hospital where he stopped breathing several times. He is alive after all. This may point to the pronounced adrenergic activity, that may be barely noticeable at moderate doses, but can become a problem if the dose is pushed too far. No deaths have occurred up to now, at least to my knowledge.

There were two more reports of overdoses that included seisures, one with NBOMe-2C-N intravenously (a very stupid deed), and yet another one with NBOMe-2C-B and intranasal route of administration.

dread said:
I would love to see a NBOMe analogue of 2C-TFM... the potency could be LSD class...
As I have stated above, conjectures based on SAR's from PIHKAL do not work here. While literature states NBOMe-2C-I has higher 5-HT2A affinity than NBOMe-2C-B, their potency in man change in inverse order from some point. Possibly at the point where hydrophobicity of the molecule becomes so high that it starts to impede it's ability to reach the brain fast enough. Trifluoromethyl is even more hydrophobic than iodine. NBOMe-2C-I also have the longest onset, generally 1,5 hours.

Strangely, not only quantitative, but also the qualitative potency increases when going from I to Cl. NBOMe-2C-I effects are comparatively mild even at heavy doses, and NBOMe-2C-C is the most brutal substance in the serie. By this I mean that it's effects are even hardly comparable to those of any simple psychedelic phenylethylamine from PIHKAL. DOI maybe. With talking creatures and air castles at 600 mcg. Many people find such heavy dosing with NBOMe phenylethylamines to be rather fun, while simple phenylethylamines are disgustful at that level of intensity. Though I strongly doubt everyone would like it even with NBOMe.

NBOMe phenylethylamines are generally closer to dragonflies, than to PIHKAL in the way they feel.

Last edited:
Now this is not a PIHKAL-derived idea, but based on Nichols' findings:

The bromo could be replaced with Cl, I, OMe, OCF3, SMe, SEt, ...
The alpha-methyl is optional (I know now that derivatives with an alpha-methyl have lower potency).

Would you think that such compound(s) is/are active? Or is it already suicidal to consider trying them?...

- Murphy

Last edited:
I can imagine the lipophylicity of that structure would make it of comparable potency with simple dimethoxy. Not sure about that but higly possible. NBOMe-TCB-2 is a better candidate for a chemical weapon, but I can't get just what for someone may want to test it, besides scientific interest, when we already have a sort of psychedelic fentanyls with 2,5-dimethoxy.