• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What religion most reflects your views: Belief-O-Matic Quiz with poll (updated)

Choose your favourite belief or religion

• Agnosticism

Votes: 114 17.0%
  • Atheism

Votes: 124 18.5%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 129 19.3%
  • Christianity

Votes: 74 11.1%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Judaism

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Pagan & Earth-Based

Votes: 52 7.8%
  • Taoism

Votes: 47 7.0%
  • Other belief

Votes: 89 13.3%

• Total voters

Christian Soldier

Ex-Bluelighter
Choose your favourite belief or religion! (poll)

Ok, this is pretty simple. Just vote for your belief in the poll above, and share whatever you wan't about your belief.

(EDIT):If you have an 'OTHER BELIEF' that is not listed in this poll please list your belief in this thread.

'Other Belief' votes:
Agnostic - 2 (Mistaken votes)
Gnostic - 1
New Age - 1
Nihilist - 1
Sufism/Gnostism - 1
Unknown - 5 (These voters haven't posted their belief in this thread yet)
Total: 11 votes

Maybe some of you don't know what you believe, if so click on this link and answer a few questions to determine your faith: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html (link thanks to DD).

Thanks.

Last edited:
I went to beliefe net a few months ago and it said i WAS MAYAN BUDDHIST , THEN CHRISTIAN, THEN other forms of buddhism, so out of respect for myself and people on this website I am going to suggest you compleetly ignore the computers inability to factor the important differences between a cardnal trait and a secondary trait of a religion or beliefe, rather then giving them all a = %.

with limited resources

Last edited:
Actually i've recieved the exact results from Beliefnet all the times i've tried it. Of course, as times pass my feelings change.. and the results vary slightly accordingly.

I voted Agnostic. I have an "irking" feeling there is more than what we readily percieve. I do have morals that coincide with parts of many religions as well. I also have great confidence in the scientific process as well. And we, have not come up with "proof" of anything beyond what we readily percieve. So i'm stuck, but i'm content and happy with what i think and the morals i have.

My 10 ten for beliefnet.
1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Theravada Buddhism (92%)
3. Secular Humanism (85%)
4. Liberal Quakers (80%)
5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (72%)
6. Neo-Pagan (66%)
7. Mahayana Buddhism (62%)
8. Nontheist (62%)
9. Taoism (57%)
10. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (55%)

(if you post your results, you may want to disable smileys)

I'd say some of the more interesting theories on the explination of the world's workings that appeal to me, though i do not wholly "believe in".. could be described here:

Thoughts on Sacred Geometry
brain chems vs spiritual vessels
The World is a Hologram

Last edited:
you mean exactly the same........my results are very simular to yours , but don't you see how their order makes no since. it is illogical for two forms of christianity to come inbetween two forms of buddhism in chronological order of applicability to ones beliefs, after that you have non theist followed by yet another form of christianity which is compleetly irrational. The only reason it could come up with answers like this is because it has to give you 10 answers and it is lacking the ability to find more the 3 or four that work unless you are christian.

I find eastern and western religions have alot of the similarities though.. alot of differences too. I can see where they could fit in where they do.

I hit A everytime

budhism came before "liberal versions of christianity"

if you look every A is a deity worshipping creationalist answer in the begening of the test, not buddhist.

they do not have enough options for pagans to make since , just convert while causing pain.

meanwhile the creationalist gets 27 options

Ok i get what you're saying. Point made.

But lets not high jack Christian_Soldier's thread with a debate about the link.

*edit, making this a Sticky/Announcement for 2 weeks time.

Last edited:
Although I am a Christian I chose Hinduism as I believe there is less dogma attached to Hinduism, at least in our western culture, and so it is easier to achieve a mystical sensibility free from politics and power.

Surely when Christ says 'Watch!' he did not mean I should watch for this poll to announce my faith; I can not imagine that I have failed in faith by selecting 'Hinduism.' People display their faith in action, not by clicking a button.

As for that strange 'beliefnet' quiz I was surprised to find that I am (supposedly) inclined to be a Jainist and a Liberal Quaker, as I know little about either of these paths.

Ok... so...you identify as christian.. but select Hindu.. simply to make some point? I think you're taking this a bit too deeply don't you think?

DigitalDuality said:
I think you're taking this a bit too deeply don't you think?

Maybe so ... but I believe in life-eternal and there's really nothing to do on a poll but push a button like on a coke machine. I mean: the mystics of all these faiths share a vision of the absolute ... the dogmatics on the fringe of these faiths are opposed to one another. So I would like to select every single faith ...

'Then they were seven men
seated in meditation for the sake of the One Reality.'
-- Rumi.

Christ was a mystic.

DigitalDuality said:
^
Agnosticism ?

Well, its not that I believe that we can't know, because I don't even believe that . . . if that makes any sense.

^
I chose Agnosticism... i believe we may or may not be able to know..... if that makes sense.

I didn't think agnosticism says we "can't know", but more of, as of now,, we don't know.

Last edited:
skywise picks agnosticism because skywise does not know nor does skywise pretend to know.

skywise also refers to himself in the third person in this post.

(skywise has also had a bad night and is also drunk)

:eek:

DigitalDuality said:
^
I chose Agnosticism... i believe we may or may not be able to know..... if that makes sense.

I didn't think agnosticism says we "can't know", but more of, as of now,, we don't know.

then apparently I'm more agnostic than I thought . . . :)