• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

MEGA - Grades! Majors? Graduation!!!

Economics Double Major, Finance Major with an Accounting and Business Information Systems Minor.

undergrad: double major in elementary education and psychology

grad: will be a master of the arts in education - specialization in math, science and technology

major: nursing...wanna be a nurse practitioner
minor (hopefully if they have it or something similar): massage therapy:)

~me

Double major in Materials Science and Engineering and Biomedical Engineering

Switched from ChemE

I May switch to Humanities, but unlikely

ShamanRemixed: I am also in Pennsylvania, are you perhaps in Pittsburgh?

Major: Fire Prevention
Minor: Fire Technology

It will get me a job as a firefighter. Hopefully I will start off as a Battalion Chief or Lieutenent.

COMPUTER MOTHERFUCKING SCIENCE

with a concentration in computer graphics and graphical enginering.

^^^^lol fuck yea.....

Anyways.....Im a Psychology major too.......Not sure which route id like to go cuz i just have a pure love for all of psy........

I would really like to get my doctorate but we'll see how that works out..... :\ As i am struggling w/ my work ethic towards school in general....

As for which field i dunno.......I was thinking clinical but i dunno how much id actually like it......People are pretty hard headed.......But i seem to be a great marriage consulor w/ helping my parnts' marriges and friends relationship.....

Social psychology/sociology (kinda the same but whatever) i analyze my own and other people's social interactions impulsively.....yea im an obsessive self analyzer....

Neuroscience and Neuropharmacology are very intresting but thats a totally diff path from what i understand.........Biological Psychology is kinda the same thing i guess......I mean not only illicit drugs intrest me but im fascinated by some of the "brain vitamins" out there........5htp, tyrosine, choline, piracetam(nootropics), CoQ10, ect, ect, I could go on forever.....

Adolescence Psy.......this intrest me b/c of how the brain deals w/ thew sudden boost in hormones in this stage is pretty cool.....

Theres a new field open called Neuro-Psychology which studies the relationship b/w the biological and subjective functions of the brain.....I always thought a field should be open to study this realtionship and recently i found out that there is.......Cool stuff......

Anyways as most of u can see i would like to do it all but we all know thats impossible.......So if any of u psy majors dont mind enlightening me on ur particular field......Saw some good advice earlier........I dunno what would suit me better.....or most importantly what i would have the most bruning passion for......money is a minor issue, u know i need to get paid

Oh and id like to minor in Physics too cuz i think that kinda helps u understand logic......

Social psychology/sociology (kinda the same but whatever)
Sociology looks at the group as a whole and how it functions, and social psychology looks at the individual. Not that we don't feel the group isn't important, but each field has its own specialization, and thus its own theories, important researchers, etc. We rarely cross paths in research or conferences (which can be good and bad at times).

JTNOLA5211: Let me know if you have any specific questions related to social psych research, jobs, etc. :)

guaatang said:
why go to college for a boring $20.00 an hour at most job?

who else can make 20.00 an hour going to a two year college and LIKING what they do at their job?

and the (RT) degree opens doors for other modalities. i researched a few weeks back and an agency CT tech can make as much as 46.00 an hour travelling to different hospitals; with no bills to pay. who else makes 46.00 and hour and not have any bills? and how is this not a lot of money?

i suggest you dont knock a subject of which you know nothing about,

>>Sociology looks at the group as a whole and how it functions, and social psychology looks at the individual. >>

as with anything anywhere, the edges are very blurred, particularly with the theoretical framework of symbolic interactionism.

Pure and Applied Mathematics, though I'm severly turning it towards Applied because thats what I'm best at.

I'm sorry, but on some level this thread is like listening in to every conversation at a college pick-up bar. ;)

Oh yeah, English and Journalisim. What's yours, baby?
:: wink wink ::

GentlemanLoser said:
I'm sorry, but on some level this thread is like listening in to every conversation at a college pick-up bar. ;)
For some unfathomable reason, people give me a funny look when I say I'm doing a maths degree. They think I'm some kind of weirdo........

Or maybe its the star trek uniform I wear when I go out :|

fizzygirl said:
Sociology looks at the group as a whole and how it functions, and social psychology looks at the individual. Not that we don't feel the group isn't important, but each field has its own specialization, and thus its own theories, important researchers, etc. We rarely cross paths in research or conferences (which can be good and bad at times).

JTNOLA5211: Let me know if you have any specific questions related to social psych research, jobs, etc. :)

OK so in social psy, is that in a clinical setting.....say w/ people who have diff forms of social anxeity, ect. Or is it purley research? What kind of research is done, how can research be done on an indivdual basis to form a theory that would generally apply to everyone? Im not trying to bash it or anything i just dont understand?

And of course what certain jobs that apply to the field would prob help clarify this too.

Anthropolgy with a focus on New World archaeology (arch. isn't offered as an undergrad major at my school).

fire sceince, so next time one of you has a little bit too much fun it might be me shoving activated charcoal down your throat :p