• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

MEGA - Grades! Majors? Graduation!!!

fallenangel3433 said:
chemical engineering

(nerd alert.... lol)

good luck with that degree, m'dear. someone with tons of chem. engineering exp and a degree of course just applied for a part time position at my company - in a completely unrelated position.

sooo sad.

randycaver said:
good luck with that degree, m'dear. someone with tons of chem. engineering exp and a degree of course just applied for a part time position at my company - in a completely unrelated position.

sooo sad.

thanks.

most people wouldn't think it but as you've seen the market for chem engs is really shitty right now

fortunately i'm one of the lucky ones and have a job that actually is chemical engineering

because they want to?

why knock someone else's choice of careers? i mean seriously...are you so insecure in what you want to do that you have to belittle someone else in their decisions?

Neuroscience and biology.

In response to the comment, "why go to college for a boring $20.00 an hour at most job?."why go to college for a boring $20.00 an hour at most job? Maybe that person doesn't find it boring and has higher priorities than how much money he or she makes.

fizzygirl said:
Social Psychology; studying eyewitness memory and legal issues :)

Thats a dumb major. I really wish I could do someting like that, im too insecure tho.

guaatang said:
why go to college for a boring $20.00 an hour at most job?

b/c it beats waiting tables w/ a chem eng degree

(see above post)

and i actually considered going to school for that, but the university i wanted to go to was out of state and i didn't wanna pay the extra money

guaatang said:
why go to college for a boring $20.00 an hour at most job?

Well, for one, I can get a job in any city in the country, making a minimum of $20.00 an hour, much more if I chose to work agency. Being able to get work in any major city rather easily is a fucking beautiful thing if you ask me.

Furthermore, I have future goals of doing zoology-related work, but not just yet.

Who are you to come in here and criticize the majors of others, as well as me? Save the trash talk for the Lounge. You're pretty lame.

Going to school in the fall.
It's a community college.
I will most likely take some different classes and try and end up going into graphic design. I have to talk to my counselor before I can know anything for sure.

Psychology/social work. (If I end up working in psychology, I want to do clinical or school psychology but first I want to put in a few years in the social work field.)

Physics major

i hope nobody asks what i'm going to do with it, because the answer is, "anything i want".

I'm also a psychology major. After graduating I'll be going to grad school to do neuroscience research. I was too much of a weakling to take the prerequisites for my school's neurobiology major.

Shannabanana, you can do some kinds of therapy stuff with a two-year social work degree that it takes a four-year psychology degree to do.

^^Cool. I figure to really get anywhere with psychology, I will need my masters and I'm just not up for much more school right now. So I will have social workers cert by this time next year (fingers crossed) and will be able to actually earn some money for awhile. I tentatively plan to get that masters later because I hear the burn out rate in social work is high.

Was a pre-law major, now psychology and most like either going to law school or grad level psych school after graduating next year.