• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tapering off Meth

Brisgirl

Bluelighter
I read somewhere on this site a long time ago ago (posted by PhreeX I think & yes I've searched) that taking reducing oral Meth doses after a binge will help alot with the comedown.
I usually can't do it because I'm a drug pig, but I tried it once (cutting down from about half a gram a day smoked to a couple of good sized lines one day, one the next and a little scrap the day after, followed by none after that).
It usually takes me five days to feel normal again after a meth binge, three of which I go completely insane and want to kill myself unless I'm sleeping. Very hard to do when you've got a full-on job. From my vague memory of it, I still felt like crap when weaning, but I wasn't such a bitch and could actually wake up and go to work.
Anyone out there do the tapering thing regularly? I want to start weaning today and need some success stories to encourage me not to down the rest of my bag in one beautiful billowing, smokey mouthful.
Also, would trying to wean myself off uppers by using amphetamine HCl work better? I don't tend to crash as bad off it as I do off Meth, and there's not the mental thrill of smoking it to make me want more.

Tapering off a drug will always help the comedown...and usually taking the drug orally is the best way to accomplish this (it has fewer bad side effects and lasts longer). Amphetamine would work too, I dont think it makes a huge difference which amphetamine you choose....other than that you might want to save your meth (which is more recreational) for getting really high. I've found that this works well with meth and with cocaine...(yes, you can take mediumish doses orally, and it won't really get you high but it will cushion a comedown).

Yes, it's best to taper, but with meth I find you're better having fun with what little you have left then just sucking it up... after a 6+ month IV binge (daily use of over 3.5g, literally NEVER missing a day) .. I just delt with it and was fine in a short while... a shorter binge would mean even less recovery time...
If you want to go oral then just gradually supplement the nasal dose with an oral dose, then cut out the nasal (or smoke or IV or whatever) and just stick to an oral dose, maybe 1/4 to 1/2rd your normal dose (again, be it nasal, IV, smoked, etc..)
If you have a TRUE addiction this wont do anything but reduce your physical withdrawal, the mental cravings are still going to be 100% rank, you're still going to be suicidal for a couple days and may crave it for weeks or longer ..
Good luck! If you need, um, emotional support then you can turn to "The Dark Side" .. personally I think you should just find a way to maintain daily use, if that means using less each day, pawning stuff from around your house, stealing from your moms purse, or moving to manufacture or dealing .. well, thats what a REAL SPEEDFREAK DOES! Honestly, think about it, if you buy an ounce a week (for, say, an even $100) you can sell single grams for $100 each - sell 10 and *BAM* you have 18.35g for yourself ... if you consume more then simply increase the amount you move .. it's not hard to be a speedfreak if you know other people that do meth.. you could also consider making the move to IV use ... again, this is just me, if you wish to quit then there is an entire mass of people that support this choice and can give you words of support such as "c'mon, you can do it, you don't need this crap, lets stick to good ole marijuana or ecstasy because those drugs have no bad effects, everyone knows they are harmless, hell, marijuana isn't even a drug, IT'S A PLANT!" ..