• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

yeah i saw that one with the chef guy, that was mad desperate...
if i had to guess, i'd say they maybe get paid after all the filming?

Ungoliath said:
I have a question.......

Does the show buy them the drugss (if it were real) seems like alot of these people would be sober and sick alot more if there wasnt a camera around, they always seem to get a nice lil score when the cameras roll, if so, thats pretty fucking immoral

^^^definately. I remember one episode where this kid was at a bar trying to get someone to front him money for OC's. The girl wouldn't do it. Then a minute or two later he had like 3 oc 80's.

Maybe my memory is leaving a piece of it out or something got editted, I'm not sure bu my guess would be that these people are given money for drugs.

Naptown Wicked said:
I missed the episodes where they let him get high one last time before going. Every time I watch the actual intervention I always ask myself if the person is high then and I put myself in their shoes with them having to leave RIGHT NOW and know that I would need one last fix before getting on the plane. I feel like that's why a lot of them have problems saying yes right away because they want to score that last time

Of course they want to score one last time...

Who the hell shows up to rehab sober!?

if the show is real it obviously doesn't buy them drugs (except maybe for the ones who agree to go rehab if they can high one more time). it shows the people in withdrawal and to those of you saying "well the drugs seem to show up right for the camera" do you honestly think if you follow a serious drug addict around with a camera you won't ever be able to get footage of them doing drugs?

i still think the best argument for the show not being real is the way they make each person spell their names. you'd think that would be a dead giveaway that it's intervention and so it makes no sense why they do it.

but I would think that the interventionists would be afraid of the last high really being their last high. Isn't the point of an intervention to help someone before something terrible happens? What if they agree "okay one last time" which from what I've heard from people that have had interventions is soooooooo not the case, and they OD or something? Then again, and this is what I figured with Chad, they have the right to say no as he did. I really think he just wanted to get high one last time, then was cool to go the next day. That and I believe he wanted to do it for himself, not his family

Merged "anyone from intervention on BL" with the original Intervention topic. This is really more of a film and TV topic, and when there was a subject about it earlier, it got moved to film and TV. I think its fair to have it here since we are discussin the addicts perspectives n all that but this is it. after this one, no more intervention threads ight guys? if you got anyhtin to say about that show just post it in here.:)

burn out said:
i still think the best argument for the show not being real is the way they make each person spell their names. you'd think that would be a dead giveaway that it's intervention and so it makes no sense why they do it.

Not necessarily. They could make them do this at the END of the taping, after they already knows it's Intervention, and then just edit it onto the front of the show.

Naptown Wicked said:
but I would think that the interventionists would be afraid of the last high really being their last high. Isn't the point of an intervention to help someone before something terrible happens? What if they agree "okay one last time" which from what I've heard from people that have had interventions is soooooooo not the case, and they OD or something? Then again, and this is what I figured with Chad, they have the right to say no as he did. I really think he just wanted to get high one last time, then was cool to go the next day. That and I believe he wanted to do it for himself, not his family

they need to weigh letting the addict get high "one last time" versus challenging them with a "no last high" rule, which could be a deal breaker for a lot of them. knowing that they get to go out with a bang on their own terms providing they agree to get help after that makes for way less arguing than completely forbidding their DOC & forcing them to rehab.

Ah, don't tell me that it isn't real. Its my favorite show on tv and one of my small joys in life. Kinda sick huh?

The question is do you think it is real or not...we aint saying yes or no if it is or it aint. thas why ur supposed to reply n say what ur thoughts on it is....so....Got anything to add to that?

Hmm, if I don't want to know that its not real, then apparently I think it is....

Lingering Grin said:
Not necessarily. They could make them do this at the END of the taping, after they already knows it's Intervention, and then just edit it onto the front of the show.

that's true although it would be kind of weird, especially for the people who refuse to go to treatment. what if they refuse to spell their name once they find out it's intervention? or even the ones who do go it seems like an odd thing to say "congratulations on going to get help, oh, by the way before you get on that plane could you spell out your name for us so we can splice it in at the beginning of the show?". i dunno.

has anyone paid enough attention to notice whether the people who refuse to go to treatment still spell out their names in the later seasons?

burn out said:
that's true although it would be kind of weird, especially for the people who refuse to go to treatment. what if they refuse to spell their name once they find out it's intervention? or even the ones who do go it seems like an odd thing to say "congratulations on going to get help, oh, by the way before you get on that plane could you spell out your name for us so we can splice it in at the beginning of the show?". i dunno.

has anyone paid enough attention to notice whether the people who refuse to go to treatment still spell out their names in the later seasons?

Simple, they pay them to do it after the fact, or it's in their contract and unless they do it, they don't get paid. :)

It's REALLY easy to motivate people to do something.

lacey k said:
What the fuck does spelling your name have to do with any of it?

If you've never seen the show, right after they introduce someone they show that person sitting in front of the camera spelling their first name. It's like a tell-tale sign of the show.

We're saying that if these people have ever seen the show it would be pretty obvious that they are on it once they are asked to spell out their name.

it'd be a dead giveaway for anyone who's seen the show if someone approached you about doing a "documentary" on addiction and had you spell your name out.

i honestly never even thought that it might be fake til i saw this thread. i've seen just about all of them & they're On Demand on digi cable now too, if anyone cares...

anyway i hope it's not fake, that'd suck. like when i found out "Go Ask Alice" wasn't real... i was crushed.

^ Wow. I didn't know that Go Ask Alice wasn't real. Learn something new everyday.

lol well joke's on them-- that book sparked my curiosity for acid!

this raises some questions. the one with the dike shooting meth seemed fake. she didn't ever act geeked. she seemed calm. but some people react to drugs differently...

however, the one with the guy seasrching for wood for hours int he forest... that seemed real...

it's hard to tell sometimes. people are different. i like to believe its real because i get some twisted fascianation out of it.

oh and the anorexia one... THAT HAD to be real.

lol oh yeah, the timber cutter that was on a quest for "burl." i can relate to that kind of obsessing on amphetamines though.

i think it's all real, just edited & fixed up to make it tv-friendly. the cameras follow these people around for days, weeks, maybe even months in some case, and they need to edit all that down to tell a story that makes sense in 60 minutes.