• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

I like the show, but last nights episode was a loss. It just didnt focus enough on her actual use... was she a chronic pain patient turned additc? Street buyer? What? How much does she use?

And it made out like you can die from opiate withdrawl, which I didnt *think* was true.

I didnt care for this one.

Dude said:
I like the show, but last nights episode was a loss. It just didnt focus enough on her actual use... was she a chronic pain patient turned additc? Street buyer? What? How much does she use?

And it made out like you can die from opiate withdrawl, which I didnt *think* was true.

I didnt care for this one.

she was taking more than just opiates but i didn't like the episode either.

StayinAwake said:
I have seen a few of them and the only one that seemed real was the one where he was shooting up oxycontins. I don't remember his name. It just seemed real because they were showing photos of him when he was younger and he looked "healthy" if you could call it that. Then in time, he really started to look bad because he was shooting it 24-7.

This is the episode I thought of when I saw the title of this thread. Was it the kid that lived in the huge house with his mom, took a bunch of klonopin before getting to rehab and ended up getting robbed trying to buy heroin?

And then his mom didnt give him as much money as he wanted so he stormed out of the house cussing his mom out.

I wouldnt call it fake per se, but he was an obvious attention whore

Last edited:
Not me, but I've got a funny story about the show.

I've got an old friend from the rave scene. We both used to volunteer for DanceSafe, and he was even more hardcore into it than I was. Basically, he ran the chapter most of the time and also did a lot of work with HRC and other groups too. So eventually, he graduates college (film major), decides it's time to grow up, leave the rave scene, quit letting harm reduction dominate his life, move to LA, and get his career on track. (He wants to be a documentary filmmaker.)

And guess what show he winds up working on???

Life's little ironies, and all that.

cya,
john

I think you read StayinAwake wrong, he said it was the only one he thought was real. That episode I agree definitely seemed real, especially shooting up and such. Have you ever w/ded from opiates? It's horrible, and someone with a real bad habit, such as him, could easily be prone to being such an asshole.

^^ but he was like that high too. ( except when he was at the intervention)

Yeah but he never really got that much drugs, he was normally buying one oxy at a time (except maybe the one time he got two I believe), and if you have a tolerance that wont really do much other than take off the edge a bit.

ellua said:
the only one i thought seemed fake was the one where the guy figured out that he was on intervention and not some other documentary, and they had to hurry and intervene asap...

ellua-Heh I saw that one and I'm surprised more people don't do what he did.

I didn't like that asshole kid that would IV oc, I agree that he was just being an attention whore for the video cams.

I'm surprised that the people on there who do illegal drugs (as opposed to legal/semi legal ones like booze or pills they're prescribed) agree to do them on camera and allow themselves to be filmed using drugs.

I post here. I'm sure you all remember that episode when I was shooting oxys at my house, in the bathroom, etc. I wasn't very good at shooting up then, but I've since learned how to hit the vein without having to fish for veins and making myself bleed so much.

johanneschimpo said:
I post here. I'm sure you all remember that episode when I was shooting oxys at my house, in the bathroom, etc. I wasn't very good at shooting up then, but I've since learned how to hit the vein without having to fish for veins and making myself bleed so much.

Did you apologise to your mother for being rude and cursing her out on TV? ;)

I'm Ken Seeley. That alcoholic and meth addict that said she wanted to pull out some Matrix shit during her intervention tried to Karate chop me!

Last edited:
My mom is neither an alcoholic nor is she a meth addict. What are you talking about? Please don't think you know me or my family based on an hour-long show that was completely edited for TV.

And yes, I've made things up with my mother and we have a good relationship now, although she doesn't know that I'm still using (chipping, no habit).

firesilverlullaby said:
i think its a good show, its just sad how many of them relapse.
Sadly only 15% of addicts ever make it into rehab... And the number for the people that actually STAY sober is much much less. Its sad but true...

I hate that fucking show.

The people on it are fucked for life even if they get clean.

"Mam', didnt I see you smoking meth, chugging vodka and running around naked throwing stuff at your sister on intervention?"
"Yes, but im clean now"
"Yes, but you were a fucking nutjob and you'll scare anyone who recognizes you, and alot of people will, way to not have your face censored asshat"
"I just got pwnd"

I have a question.......

Does the show buy them the drugss (if it were real) seems like alot of these people would be sober and sick alot more if there wasnt a camera around, they always seem to get a nice lil score when the cameras roll, if so, thats pretty fucking immoral

johanneschimpo said:
My mom is neither an alcoholic nor is she a meth addict. What are you talking about? Please don't think you know me or my family based on an hour-long show that was completely edited for TV.

And yes, I've made things up with my mother and we have a good relationship now, although she doesn't know that I'm still using (chipping, no habit).

If you were actually on that show sorry I thought you were joking. I was.

Of course nobody's going to know what the people on that show and their family/loved ones are like in a 30min-1hr show. The show does seem heavily edited.

As for the alcoholic/meth addict who wanted to pull out some matrix shit, that was the show about some stripper who eventually went to jail because she thought that it would do her a lot better than rehab.

^ Nah, I'm full of shit. Thanks for the apology though. ;) That kid was in a whiny bitch, as has been discussed in the "is intervention fake?" thread.

I'd say that based on sheer statistics, there's a chance that a the venn diagram of a BLer and someone on the show could overlap, even if not at the same the (say on BL then on the show 3 years later).

Ungoliath said:
I have a question.......

Does the show buy them the drugss (if it were real) seems like alot of these people would be sober and sick alot more if there wasnt a camera around, they always seem to get a nice lil score when the cameras roll, if so, thats pretty fucking immoral
I wondered this to but sometimes it does go into a part about how they make they're money...
They filmed the one guy that used to be a 4 star chef stealing out the cash drop parking boxes. Then at the intervention he said he needed to go score one more time if he was gonna go, one of his friends drove him downtown, did his business and got on the plane... i dont know if the friend or the interventionist paid for the last shot though

then on another one fabian i think was his name said he needed something like 40 bucks or something to pay someone or maybe it was enough money for a 40? and the intervention leader said if thats all it would take for him to go they'd give it to him

Pengwin said:
I wondered this to but sometimes it does go into a part about how they make they're money...
They filmed the one guy that used to be a 4 star chef stealing out the cash drop parking boxes. Then at the intervention he said he needed to go score one more time if he was gonna go, one of his friends drove him downtown, did his business and got on the plane... i dont know if the friend or the interventionist paid for the last shot though

then on another one fabian i think was his name said he needed something like 40 bucks or something to pay someone or maybe it was enough money for a 40? and the intervention leader said if thats all it would take for him to go they'd give it to him

I missed the episodes where they let him get high one last time before going. Every time I watch the actual intervention I always ask myself if the person is high then and I put myself in their shoes with them having to leave RIGHT NOW and know that I would need one last fix before getting on the plane. I feel like that's why a lot of them have problems saying yes right away because they want to score that last time