Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

I think you read StayinAwake wrong, he said it was the only one he thought was real. That episode I agree definitely seemed real, especially shooting up and such. Have you ever w/ded from opiates? It's horrible, and someone with a real bad habit, such as him, could easily be prone to being such an asshole.

^^ but he was like that high too. ( except when he was at the intervention)

Yeah but he never really got that much drugs, he was normally buying one oxy at a time (except maybe the one time he got two I believe), and if you have a tolerance that wont really do much other than take off the edge a bit.

Heart

Quote Originally Posted by ellua
    the only one i thought seemed fake was the one where the guy figured out that he was on intervention and not some other documentary, and they had to hurry and intervene asap...
    ellua-Heh I saw that one and I'm surprised more people don't do what he did.

I didn't like that asshole kid that would IV oc, I agree that he was just being an attention whore for the video cams.

I'm surprised that the people on there who do illegal drugs (as opposed to legal/semi legal ones like booze or pills they're prescribed) agree to do them on camera and allow themselves to be filmed using drugs.

i think its a good show, its just sad how many of them relapse.

I post here. I'm sure you all remember that episode when I was shooting oxys at my house, in the bathroom, etc. I wasn't very good at shooting up then, but I've since learned how to hit the vein without having to fish for veins and making myself bleed so much.

Heart

Quote Originally Posted by johanneschimpo
    I post here. I'm sure you all remember that episode when I was shooting oxys at my house, in the bathroom, etc. I wasn't very good at shooting up then, but I've since learned how to hit the vein without having to fish for veins and making myself bleed so much.
    Did you apologise to your mother for being rude and cursing her out on TV?

I'm Ken Seeley. That alcoholic and meth addict that said she wanted to pull out some Matrix shit during her intervention tried to Karate chop me!
    Last edited by PriestTheyCalledHim; 02-07-2008 at 07:37.

My mom is neither an alcoholic nor is she a meth addict. What are you talking about? Please don't think you know me or my family based on an hour-long show that was completely edited for TV.

And yes, I've made things up with my mother and we have a good relationship now, although she doesn't know that I'm still using (chipping, no habit).

Quote Originally Posted by firesilverlullaby
    i think its a good show, its just sad how many of them relapse.
    Sadly only 15% of addicts ever make it into rehab... And the number for the people that actually STAY sober is much much less. Its sad but true...

I hate that fucking show.

The people on it are fucked for life even if they get clean.

"Mam', didnt I see you smoking meth, chugging vodka and running around naked throwing stuff at your sister on intervention?"
    "Yes, but im clean now"
    "Yes, but you were a fucking nutjob and you'll scare anyone who recognizes you, and alot of people will, way to not have your face censored asshat"
    "I just got pwnd"

I have a question.......

Does the show buy them the drugss (if it were real) seems like alot of these people would be sober and sick alot more if there wasnt a camera around, they always seem to get a nice lil score when the cameras roll, if so, thats pretty fucking immoral

Heart

Quote Originally Posted by johanneschimpo
    My mom is neither an alcoholic nor is she a meth addict. What are you talking about? Please don't think you know me or my family based on an hour-long show that was completely edited for TV.

And yes, I've made things up with my mother and we have a good relationship now, although she doesn't know that I'm still using (chipping, no habit).
    If you were actually on that show sorry I thought you were joking. I was.

Of course nobody's going to know what the people on that show and their family/loved ones are like in a 30min-1hr show. The show does seem heavily edited.

As for the alcoholic/meth addict who wanted to pull out some matrix shit, that was the show about some stripper who eventually went to jail because she thought that it would do her a lot better than rehab.

^ Nah, I'm full of shit. Thanks for the apology though. That kid was in a whiny bitch, as has been discussed in the "is intervention fake?" thread.

I'd say that based on sheer statistics, there's a chance that a the venn diagram of a BLer and someone on the show could overlap, even if not at the same the (say on BL then on the show 3 years later).

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath
    I have a question.......

Does the show buy them the drugss (if it were real) seems like alot of these people would be sober and sick alot more if there wasnt a camera around, they always seem to get a nice lil score when the cameras roll, if so, thats pretty fucking immoral
    I wondered this to but sometimes it does go into a part about how they make they're money...
    They filmed the one guy that used to be a 4 star chef stealing out the cash drop parking boxes. Then at the intervention he said he needed to go score one more time if he was gonna go, one of his friends drove him downtown, did his business and got on the plane... i dont know if the friend or the interventionist paid for the last shot though

then on another one fabian i think was his name said he needed something like 40 bucks or something to pay someone or maybe it was enough money for a 40? and the intervention leader said if thats all it would take for him to go they'd give it to him

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin
    I wondered this to but sometimes it does go into a part about how they make they're money...
    They filmed the one guy that used to be a 4 star chef stealing out the cash drop parking boxes. Then at the intervention he said he needed to go score one more time if he was gonna go, one of his friends drove him downtown, did his business and got on the plane... i dont know if the friend or the interventionist paid for the last shot though

then on another one fabian i think was his name said he needed something like 40 bucks or something to pay someone or maybe it was enough money for a 40? and the intervention leader said if thats all it would take for him to go they'd give it to him
    I missed the episodes where they let him get high one last time before going. Every time I watch the actual intervention I always ask myself if the person is high then and I put myself in their shoes with them having to leave RIGHT NOW and know that I would need one last fix before getting on the plane. I feel like that's why a lot of them have problems saying yes right away because they want to score that last time

yeah i saw that one with the chef guy, that was mad desperate...
    if i had to guess, i'd say they maybe get paid after all the filming?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath
    I have a question.......

^^^definately. I remember one episode where this kid was at a bar trying to get someone to front him money for OC's. The girl wouldn't do it. Then a minute or two later he had like 3 oc 80's.

Maybe my memory is leaving a piece of it out or something got editted, I'm not sure bu my guess would be that these people are given money for drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Wicked
    I missed the episodes where they let him get high one last time before going. Every time I watch the actual intervention I always ask myself if the person is high then and I put myself in their shoes with them having to leave RIGHT NOW and know that I would need one last fix before getting on the plane. I feel like that's why a lot of them have problems saying yes right away because they want to score that last time

Of course they want to score one last time...

Who the hell shows up to rehab sober!?

Bluelighter
    if the show is real it obviously doesn't buy them drugs (except maybe for the ones who agree to go rehab if they can high one more time). it shows the people in withdrawal and to those of you saying "well the drugs seem to show up right for the camera" do you honestly think if you follow a serious drug addict around with a camera you won't ever be able to get footage of them doing drugs?

i still think the best argument for the show not being real is the way they make each person spell their names. you'd think that would be a dead giveaway that it's intervention and so it makes no sense why they do it.

but I would think that the interventionists would be afraid of the last high really being their last high. Isn't the point of an intervention to help someone before something terrible happens? What if they agree "okay one last time" which from what I've heard from people that have had interventions is soooooooo not the case, and they OD or something? Then again, and this is what I figured with Chad, they have the right to say no as he did. I really think he just wanted to get high one last time, then was cool to go the next day. That and I believe he wanted to do it for himself, not his family

Bluelight Crew
    Merged "anyone from intervention on BL" with the original Intervention topic. This is really more of a film and TV topic, and when there was a subject about it earlier, it got moved to film and TV. I think its fair to have it here since we are discussin the addicts perspectives n all that but this is it. after this one, no more intervention threads ight guys? if you got anyhtin to say about that show just post it in here.

Quote Originally Posted by burn out
    i still think the best argument for the show not being real is the way they make each person spell their names. you'd think that would be a dead giveaway that it's intervention and so it makes no sense why they do it.
    Not necessarily. They could make them do this at the END of the taping, after they already knows it's Intervention, and then just edit it onto the front of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Wicked
    but I would think that the interventionists would be afraid of the last high really being their last high. Isn't the point of an intervention to help someone before something terrible happens? What if they agree "okay one last time" which from what I've heard from people that have had interventions is soooooooo not the case, and they OD or something? Then again, and this is what I figured with Chad, they have the right to say no as he did. I really think he just wanted to get high one last time, then was cool to go the next day. That and I believe he wanted to do it for himself, not his family
    they need to weigh letting the addict get high "one last time" versus challenging them with a "no last high" rule, which could be a deal breaker for a lot of them. knowing that they get to go out with a bang on their own terms providing they agree to get help after that makes for way less arguing than completely forbidding their DOC & forcing them to rehab.

Ah, don't tell me that it isn't real. Its my favorite show on tv and one of my small joys in life. Kinda sick huh?

Bluelight Crew
    The question is do you think it is real or not...we aint saying yes or no if it is or it aint. thas why ur supposed to reply n say what ur thoughts on it is....so....Got anything to add to that?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast