Buying cocaine in Colombia

nofxboyy

Bluelighter
me and my dad we're planning on visiting South America......

i got a question that im sure not many people know....

if i went to columbia,,,would it be dangerous to ask people for coke?

i just remember watching 'blow'....it seems as if its a very seirous matter trying to get coke?

anyone kno anything bout columbia, and whether theres easy access to actuall coke leaves? or what not?

You'd better be careful, especially if you're a gringo. You never know what might happen

grinjo?

whats gringo....never heard it, but im assuming im not.....i think ill look for the leaves, instead.

its gringo, not grinjo.

"Gringo (feminine, gringa) is a term in the Spanish and Portuguese languages used in some countries of Latin America to refer to foreigners from different cultures, particularly English-speakers, and especially from the United States, although it can also refer to people from Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries, including in some cases other countries of Latin America itself"

Isn't there another thread identical to this?

Last edited:
i'm not sure how well this will go down, but this is a regional drug question so i'll fire it over here.

Homeless > NSADD :)

nofxboyy said:
if i went to columbia,,,would it be dangerous to ask people for coke?

i just remember watching 'blow'....it seems as if its a very seirous matter trying to get coke?

first of all, let's remember that "blow" is a hollywood movie, aka not reality ;) keep in mind also that in that movie they were dealing in large amounts of coke rather than little street sacks or whatever.

with that said, it's always at least a little bit dangerous asking strangers for drugs. i haven't been to colombia in particular, but i have done random street buys in quite a few countries and it's always a matter of feeling out the situation. trust your gut, and if the person seems too sketchy then don't get involved.

the risk may or may not be worth the reward, particularly in south america where you probably wouldn't be too well cared for if you ended up in jail. if it were me, i'd try to source through people i met socially at a hostel or something instead. i've also had good luck with bartenders, cab drivers, and other service staff. randoms on the street are usually not your most reliable option.

you'll be in an unfamiliar place, so be careful and use your best judgment.

@lterEgo said:
trust your gut,

yea....good point,,i should feel it out b4 acting on it.....and yea,,socially would also be a good way...

thanks for the advice...

It'll go smooth if you memorize these two Colombian drug-transaction essentials, to be used when opening and closing "the deal":

Hola, yo necessito la cocaina

and

Hey pendejo, tenga una culebra con un ojo in los pantalones

AAII!! Have a good trip, gringo!

tobala said:
It'll go smooth if you memorize these two Colombian drug-transaction essentials, to be used when opening and closing "the deal":

Hola, yo necessito la cocaina

and

Hey pendejo, tenga una culebra con un ojo in los pantalones

AAII!! Have a good trip, gringo!

...doesn't pendejo mean bitch or pussy or something offensive like that?

That second sentence really doesn't look very nice at all, to be honest... :\

according to free translation, that second line means: Hey idiotic, have a snake with an eye in the pants.

I think it's a rough translation.

Nooooo! Not a snake with an eye in the pants!! Anything but that!!

Hehe =D

Deathrow558 said:
Nooooo! Not a snake with an eye in the pants!! Anything but that!!

Hehe =D

lmao, like I said: rough translation.

tobala said:
^^^^ It was just a joke... ;)

Whenever I take foreign shit to freetranslation, it's a joke on my part, too.

I don't think that site's EVER given me a fucking accurate translation. Not even back in the intro. courses to spanish and french in my 9th and 10th grade years.

^^^^ Some of those translations can get pretty hysterical... :D

dshock said:
its gringo, not grinjo.

Gringo just means white. The same as Gavacho/a or wetto/a............being able to speak the language will be a huge help.

ok cool...and i dont kno why i would compare it to "blow"...i wonder if its cheap...what about the leaves?? anyone kno bout that..?

^^^^ Watching too many Tony Montana movies... 8)

Most people buying drugs down there (including tourists) don't end up with their throats slit or their entrails exposed. The biggest risk is getting arrested and thrown in a Colombian jail.

tobala said:
The biggest risk is getting arrested and thrown in a Colombian jail.

That sounds like it could be worse than getting your throat slit