Buying cocaine in Colombia

tobala said:
^^^^ Watching too many Tony Montana movies... 8)

Most people buying drugs down there (including tourists) don't end up with their throats slit or their entrails exposed. The biggest risk is getting arrested and thrown in a Colombian jail.

How many times have you "been down there"? How many times have you bougt drugs "down there"?

I am Part Columbian and my father still lives in COlumbia. I make at least 2 trips a year.

I don't speak in mommy's basement behind a computer like an internet tuff boyz". I speak from experience.

If a white boy goes down to Columbia and thinks he's buying coke right off the plane then you are going to get fucked up bad. 99/100 you get robbed.

As far as being arrested? Is that a joke? A $50 "fine" payable asap in USD will get you off 99% of the crimes down there. You are clueless.Columbia ain't mommy's basement but I guess Mod status will get you coke easily huh?

PS. If anyone of you want to buy coke down there here is the place to go- Santa Marta, Colombia. You go to where "gringos" hang (most likely a hotel bar or resort) and there will always be a gringo dealer who buys from locals. He will have coke, pt and most likely heroin. Prices will still be cheap. My advice is buy from the white boy who deals with locals. He made his connect. Finding your own connect can be dangerous.At least to your wallet and goods.

Last edited:
dshock said:
Cab drivers are usually a good bet
A friend of mine who normally works on yachts either in the Caribbean or Med made this mistake in Southend. It did not go down well.

Carsick said:
A friend of mine who normally works on yachts either in the Caribbean or Med made this mistake in Southend. It did not go down well.

I know. Problem is people talk out of their asses. Cab drivers are the biggest pieces of shit in South American world. They work with the cops and dealers to scam you. To him you are scam bait. Nothing more. He brings you to an area where you buy your drugs then 1 minute later the cops "show up" miraculously. So you lose you drugs, your "fine" money and then you have to pay the cab DOUBLE to get back cause he brought you in the middle of fucking no where.

Man some people talk so much crap without actually experiencing the real world.

Have you ever seen the show 'Locked up abroad'. I'm not implying you are planning on bringing it back with you to the states, that would just be stupid. But, that's what the show is about. People trying to bring drugs back to their home-countries and they get caught and end up locked up in another country.

That show creeps me out sometimes. The thought of being locked up in a foreign country or a 3rd world country, even worse-- Scary As Hell!!!

RPG

Carsick said:

When I was in the caribbean, I always hailed cabs and got stuff delivered to me pretty much within 10-15 minutes, so maybe it was not there.

dshock said:
When I was in the caribbean, I always hailed cabs and got stuff delivered to me pretty much within 10-15 minutes, so maybe it was not there.
No, that's my point. He got so used to the Caribbean in general and Italy on the other side, that he made the mistake of trying it in the UK. This was not well received.

Carsick said:
No, that's my point. He got so used to the Caribbean in general and Italy on the other side, that he made the mistake of trying it in the UK. This was not well received.

Oh damn! Well, it is like a different world down there. Rules as we know them are pretty much out the door. You can drink anywhere you want, never really have to wear clothing, as long as you don't murder someone or rob something, you're pretty much in the clear.
Thats too bad about your friend, I can say myself that I really missed the carribean as soon as I left.

Was in Bolivia 3 years ago. Don't know what's different between now and then.

Then: the guys riding around with masks on and carrying sub-machine guns are local drug interdiction agents.

We found coca leaves in abundance on the streets and for sale. NO finished product. was advised NOT to ask for finished product. Obeyed for once.

Drug interdiction is huge there just like MEX currently. Best to stay clear I believe.....

Good luck.

Have you ever seen the show 'Locked up abroad'. I'm not implying you are planning on bringing it back with you to the states, that would just be stupid. But, that's what the show is about. People trying to bring drugs back to their home-countries and they get caught and end up locked up in another country.

That show creeps me out sometimes. The thought of being locked up in a foreign country or a 3rd world country, even worse-- Scary As Hell!!!

RPG

Yea im a socali white boy.. was locked up is Mexico, beat and all my shit was taken.. For walking down the street with a drink in my hand! Diff country jails is no bueno

I am from Colombia, just ask a taxi driver to take to a whore house if he

Last edited by a moderator:
had to bump this thread.

me and a few friends toured...south america last summer, we did bolivia, venezuala,argentina, and brazil.

and in bolivia, they actually have cocaine bars, yes bars, and i think its popping up everywhere in south america, or so i have heard, they are mostly located near airports as far as i know and serve mostly tourist...

not sure how business is running without the law coming in, but we just happened to stumbled upon one..and we had no problems.

actually found a news article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/19/bolivia-cocaine-bar-route-36

when on vacation location plays a huuge role in who to approach. if ur @ some tropical islands ie turks & caicos , aruba , st. thomas. ect. your first day should be spent 1.poolside scoping out the local who hangs out at the poolbar 2. look for similar tourists....strike up convo...feel it out and if gut says yes ask. I would ask a bartender/waiter before i would ask a cabbie. my experience they are always trying to fuck u over & out of $ and time. Now say ur in Colombia the rules are COMPLETELY different. No i have not been there personally, but my best friend is from there.....still goes back occasionally. Me being non colombian (although i do have a dark complexion) would pose serious issues for even me having a hookup to just ask randomly. Thats a good way for you to leave your dad on the worst trip of his life. Yeah its really good there and really cheap, but if you dont meet some chill people while there and it comes up...dont go fucking look for it. I dont know if this thread is still relative...would like OP to update