• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

IV MDMA (Mostly) – Experienced – Molly Dearest (Mon Amour)

Shambles

Bluelight Crew
The Intro:

Firstly, I must apologise for the excessive and extravagant length – I know you are all busy people – but the reasons for this will become clear as we go on. Actually, my “Firstly,” should have been that this was all (including this bit) written whilst deeply under the influence. I considered rewriting, revising and re-editing to make it more concise, but ultimately decided that it was more interesting (and honest) to leave untouched. As a result, there are, inevitably, repetitions and ramblings. For these I apologise, but still feel that this is the most accurate representation of my state of mind at the time.

I have been using MDMA for around fifteen years now. I first injected it (in the form of crushed ecstasy tablets) around ten years ago. This method made sense to me as I have used needles for almost my entire adult life – I was an IV heroin/crack addict for over ten years. Although I have been “clean” (hate that phrase – so insulting and misleading) for a few years now, I have never lost my needle fetish. For me, spliff is to be skinned-up; pretty much anything else is to be cooked up. I feel most comfortable with a (full) needle of something nice handy – even if it is only wheeled out of semi-retirement comparatively rarely now.

I wrote this on two separate occasions with two different batches of MDMA crystal. The first batch was made up of fine, blood-red crystals. The second batch was more of a pale orangey-pink colour. I use MDMA about once every 6-8 weeks or so. I drank a little beer and smoked a little spliff both times. But then I always do – MDMA or no MDMA. GBL was also consumed in places. In total, I shot around half a gram of MDMA whilst writing the main body, the bulk, of the report and, perhaps, the same again whilst minor tidying-up took place (on a night weeks afterwards). Most was injected, but some was smoked (chased on the foil like heroin) to keep me ticking over.

The Report:

I have never before considered the possibility of entering a trip report. It seems to me unlikely that I have anything of value to add. Recently though, I entered into a brief Bluelight conversation about the intravenous use of MDMA. It appears that those, like myself, who choose this purest of interactions with our substance(s) of choice are under-represented in this area. So here it is…

Background:

I first used MDMA around fifteen years ago in the form of pressed pills, as was the custom then. With hindsight, it is clear to me now that my first ever dose contained a staggering amount of both MDMA and MDA. They were called ”California Sunrises,” for reference. Seasoned ravers used to dropping multiple pills nightly went over on those blissful beauties. Ambulances were called to illegal raves to save the casualties. With this being the early 90s, the rave scene was up in arms and belligerent about the loathsome and despised Criminal Justice Bill. Calling ambulances to raves and was far from cool – not the done thing at all – but truly necessary in this case. The point being that my first experience of ecstasy was with a pill that was putting people in hospital that had been boshing beans for years. It was intense. Very intense.

My first time was not, as you may expect, at a rave though. I was at the tail end of an acid, speed, crack and smack binge. I had been up (and going in to work everyday) for five days and was looking for a little pick-me-up to get through work (as a barman at the time) that Friday afternoon and evening.

It was a little more than a pick-me-up. A shitload more. And I loved it so.

Since then, few pills have excited me but, even then, I was dabbling (read: drowning) with those vicious Siamese Dreams known as smack and crack. I suspect that I was too far gone to really appreciate the joys of ecstasy for a while.

That changed a few years later when I found a couple of Little Ones in an old pair of trousers. By that time, I was an utter slave, devoted to the syringe. If it could conceivably be injected then I did so. So I crushed the pills, cooked and then shot them.

Finally, I remembered why this substance was known as “ecstasy”.

Shortly after that timely reminder, crystal MDMA became more reliable, available and affordable. The crystal form lends itself to intravenous use to those that are familiar with that route. Injectors like things that break down rapidly, cleanly, quickly and easily in water and provide a truly transcendent and righteous rush. Good quality MDMA crystal does this in spades.

Tonight:

I have been frantically creating art all day for my final assessment on Monday. To assist this ideal, I began the day with GBL, caffeine and hash. A few hours later and I introduced alcohol into the mix. Obviously.

A few more hours later, I was feeling burnt out and needed a change of vision, so I cooked 100mg (or so) of crimson-coloured MDMA and shunted it smoothly into my favoured “New Vein”.

Then I decided to write this. I did, and now I am.

Three more substantial digs and a bottle of Merlot later, I find myself listening to Faithless, sweating profusely, feeling every scintilla of sound engulf my soul, and writing this in a blissed-out and shiny haze. Music is beyond beautiful; I long for the day I have no neighbours. Nevertheless, low-volume music and high-volume IV MD is far superior to low-volume music and bugger all.

It has been so long since I used MDMA orally that I have all but forgotten exactly how it feels. Therefore, it is hard for me to convey the profoundly different character that mudmah presents in it’s intravenous form: It is not like any pill you ever popped. Instead, I shall simply attempt to describe my current state of existence.

The initial response from all but a few Fellow Travellers to the concept of shooting ecstasy is one of surprise (bordering on shock) and fascination (bordering on revulsion). But mostly they are simply inquisitive and seeking vicarious thrills. They seem to be under the impression that the IV method must be a messy, heart-stopping and overwhelmingly overwhelming rush and experience. They are only partially correct. It could be, I am sure, all of these things and worse. However, I have been doing this for a long, long time, and was previously injecting my long lost, and forever beloved, smack ‘n’ crack. Hence, I am quite familiar with insane rushes and a profoundly intense interaction with my substances.

The physical feeling of injected MDMA is certainly in the first, almost instantaneous response, one of “Fuck me that’s strong!” And it is true: it is very “strong”. The first heart-pounding, head-spinning, jaw-clenching beatific rush is beyond words. But I shall try to find some…

It begins with a tightening and fluttering of the chest, an acrid taste in the back of the mouth, and an unstoppable wave of warmth and dreamy, blissful reverie. This initial “Shock & Awe” attack is brief, but can be extreme. I have seen seasoned pill-poppers fly so high upon receiving a rather modest barrel-full that they were taken to a place so transcendent that they could only communicate through simple sounds, grunts and gestures for a time.

Rolled in foetal comfort I rock with eyes-closed and mind-blown. Think K-Hole and you’re not a million miles away. Only instead of a tranquilised body and an incredible mind journey, you have a body that is alive with arcing sparks of sublime energy and a comparatively monochrome mind-movie. Monochrome, that is, in comparison with the exquisitely and infinitely detailed shimmering splendour of the kaleidoscopic ketamine consciousness, but still a tantalising taste of the Technicolor transcendence that exists in the space between worlds.

The body feels as though pulsing with energy. The head feels stretched and elated. Ecstatic. The jaw clenches and grinds as though the fate of the universe itself were tied to its meaningless mastication. One’s consciousness both expands and contracts almost simultaneously. Almost, but not quite. That fractional differentiation – the lag betwixt psyche and physiology – creates the necessary space for the deepest, most profound sense of peace, serenity and inner-calm to take over and reign imperious.

It is this last aspect, I feel, that is missing from the traditional (oral) ecstatic experience. The heavenly, divine tranquillity and absolute calm that buries all concern that may follow a reasonably large intravenous dose of MDMA, is incomparable to any other sensation. If dropping a good quality pill or two is greatly gorgeous, then jacking the equivalent amount of MD crystal is a purely perfect and glorious grace. The sensation of “rolling” (as our colonial cousins like to say) is almost crushing in its relentless and hypnotic seductions. It is hard to keep my eyes open. The world behind the eyes is so much more enthralling, distracting and absorbing.

Sweat beads and trickles across every curvaceous contour of my corporeal cage. My jaw aches from grinding. It is so very warm tonight. The air is balmy and thick. My head feels as though it has a counter-weight balancing it slightly off-centre in my sternum. It wobbles and bounces like a sparkly and shining executive desk toy. One gentle push - a great tune kicking in for example – results in seemingly perpetual motion. My head bobs and sways to a good bass-line and an inner-vision of paradise beneath.

The biggest difference between the intravenous use of MD and its more familiar brethren the swallow and the snort, is a perfect balance of calm and intensity. Injecting methyldioxy is, initially, a hell of a rush. Potentially, quite a frightening rush I would imagine. There is none of the slightly uncomfortable anxiety of the oral come-up and, obviously, none of the foul taste and burn of the intranasal route. It’s like going from a standing start to a full-on peak experience in the time it takes to plunge the plunger and empty its ecstatic elixir into a convenient vein.

The actual sensation of coming-up on IV MD is so very hard to explain. Those of us who know the feeling tend to describe it only in gesture, expression and illustrative sounds. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to spell any of those communications so only those who have shot crystal themselves, or closely observed others doing so, will know what I mean by a wide-eyed “Fuck me! That’s strong!” expression, puffed-out cheeks and a long exhalation of breath – “Pppffffttt…!” Sorry I can’t explain it better, but some sensations are quite truly indescribable - especially with my piss-poor ability to communicate. I hope that I managed to convey a little something of the flavour of that first world-ending rush though.

Once the initial rocket ride begins to subside, the amphetamine push is still in evidence but it easily kept in check by the sublime serenity that swiftly envelops. A blissfully benign beauty has been building since that first press on the plunger. Now that its swaggeringly seductive sensorial sibling “The Rush” is passing its zenith, waning to warm afterglow, it is time for peace to take its rightful place and reign over.

As you may have noticed, words like “calmness”, “peace”, “serenity”, “tranquillity”, “transcendence”, “bliss” and, of course, “ecstasy” spring to mind. Clichés one and all, but undeniably accurate. This is what IV MD is all about: The wrenching rushes are great fun, but it is the mellow and meditative moments that linger longest. Yes, you can happily go forth and shake a little tail-feather to some juicy tune. Or you can lie back comfortably, eyes closed, and let yourself be transported with the ebb and flow of your newly quiet mind. Or, indeed, whatever alternate whim strikes you as valuable.

I rounded off the night with a couple of shots (oral shots – not injected, I’m not quite that reckless - of around 2ml each) of GBL, leaving a suitable time between the first and second. The Guice mixes beautifully with the glowing embers of the MD. One appears to potentiate the other in the most gloriously synergistic fashion. It is an inspiringly divine combination. Finally, I took 10mg of diazepam to ease the drifting shift from the conscious dream to the unconscious one. It was successful.

I slept soundly for seven hours and awoke feeling a tad tired and sluggish, but also at peace with myself, my Fellow Travellers and the universe as a whole. A cheeky GBL-laced coffee kick-starts the day and gives me the required oomph to get back to creating “art”. Ha! Maybe one day.

And so it goes on, around and around for evermore. And how I love it so.

substancecode_MDMA
methodcode_IV

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said, it's a first attempt at a trip report so feel free to point out any mistakes or problems. I'm a little more with it now :D.

As a quick addendum, I would just like to say that injecting crushed ecstasy pills is a very bad idea - don't do it. Even if the pills are known to contain MDMA, there's no way of knowing what else is in there (filler, binder, whatever else has been chucked in) and even the tiniest, invisible-to-the-naked-eye, particle can cause immense damage, or even death, it's really not worth the risk.

I don't recommend anybody to inject anything, and don't want anyone to think this was intended as an encouragement of any kind. Anyone who is thinking about injecting MD should only do so if they really know what they're doing and have a reasonably compos mentis sitter with them to keep an eye out for problems. Also, 100mg is a lot. Half this amount should be plenty to get the idea. If you must do as I do instead of as I say, be very careful - start low and don't get silly about it. Overdosing is easy and no fun at all :|.

I dont know about this. Blood red crystals? Was that color added on purpose? If not id say thats a serious impurity. Eitherway, injecting MDMA sounds way too dangerous for it to be fun. Watch out for heart attack and stroke.

^ It comes in many shades of red/pink/orangey varying to dark purple/almost black. It's not impurities as such, just the way it comes. As for being dangerous, no more so than shooting anything else - how is it more dangerous than shooting speed, for example?

Appreciate the concern, but, as mentioned, I've lasted quite a while on the stuff so far and am in perfectly good health thank you very much :D.

I'm still not saying it's a good idea or that anyone else should try it, but I don't see how it's any worse than any other MOA, just so long as you know what you're doing :).

Those colors are impurities. Pure MDMA crystal should be white to clear, any other color is an indication of impurity, or someone added dye to it (which still technically makes it an impurity). I think shooting speed is dangerous as well. Shooting MDMA, amphetamines, coke, is leaps and bounds more dangerous that IV benzos and opiates (pharm grade). Why do I say this? Well those drugs are made in injectible vials for medical use. Injectible amphetamines were taken off the market in the early 1970's. Anyway, not knocking you. Have fun and dont fry your brain.

^ I've always been led to believe that the colour is down to lazy chemists not "washing" it thoroughly enough but really don't know the technicalities. Impurities is probably as good a word as any, but that's just the way it's come for the last decade or so. I agree that pharmacuetical grade MD would be preferable. Not so easy to track down though, unless you happen to know some good chemists. Same for opi's and benzos. Great if you can get the real thing, but how many can? Not me, that's for sure. Damn shame :D.

I think it's fairly obvious from the slightly deranged euphoria (fried brain?) of the report that I have plenty of fun ;).

Once again, for the record, I really am not suggesting that it's a clever thing to do. For me, however, injection is my favoured method for virtually anything - it's just what I'm used to, am comfortable with and feel in control of. This just came out of a BL chat about IV use of MD and I noticed that there is little information on the subject. Just my experience for people to take, leave, enjoy or ignore :).

EDIT: For reference, the crystal I use consistently tests at between 75 and 85% purity - not exactly perfect, but a hell of a lot cleaner than what you'll find in your average pill.

Last edited:
^ I've never really heard of them being used here (UK) and have never seen one myself. I just use cigarette filters the same as I always have. I'm really not half as reckless as I may sound from some of the above. I have been shooting various substances for a long time. Not that I'm being complacent, but I've never harmed myself (or anyone else) yet. Well, a few veins have faded away over the years, but nothing major.

I can assure you that the MD I get is of good quality - as good as you'll find pretty much anywhere in the UK. If it's really as bad as I made it sound then it's not just me that's fucked, it's the whole of the country cos it's what we've all been enjoying for the last decade plus :).

I really don't see how it's any different from injecting any other street drug. Of course there are risks, but, frankly, they're all but insignificant (in my, not inconsiderable, experience at least). I've never heard of anyone coming a cropper (not to say it won't ever happen) and don't expect to be the first. I find oral ecstasy (particularly pills) to be much more unpleasant and all of my worst experiences have been with pills. I've never even come close to anything bad happening whilst shooting - so much more in control, so much more immersive and so much more meaningful.

Each to their own, eh? It's what makes the world go around :).

A good friend of mine, an injecting heroin addict for 20 years, was given some mdma in 1986 (he had friends in New York). Being pretty much like you Entheo, he injected it. 300mg of it. In 1986. 8o

He reported being awake for 3 days and absolutely hated it. To this day he cannot understand my love of mdma. He's never touched it since.

300mg is a shitload to take as a single shot - even I'm not quite that bad - I'm not surprised he hated it :D. I honestly don't find it especially stimulating - much mellower than pills. If he was up for three days then surely it must have been cut with speed, no? I still choose IV over any other MOA - it's so much more enjoyable (and, in my opinion, valuable and "deep") it's unreal.

Last edited:
No, I doubt it was anything other than pure. My friend had been a junkie, for want of a much better word, on heroin and barbs since the mid-70's (he actually packed in in the late 90's after 20+ years) and swore his body was maladjusted to anything even mildly resembling amphetamine.

I've also seen him IV 250mg physeptone. 8o 8o 8o

Mmm, IV MDMA. I've only done it a couple times, and in small amounts for safety's sake, but it does provide a really good rush. However, I like the longer duration and lower risk of taking MDMA orally. Plus I'm trying to stay away from needles.

what dosage did you do it in nb420? I have a suspicion the dosages the OP is talking about are very high for a normal tolerance.

samadhi_smiles said:
what dosage did you do it in nb420? I have a suspicion the dosages the OP is talking about are very high for a normal tolerance.

You are not the first person to suggest this, but I have to humbly disagree. I consider my tolerance to be average to low. In the grand scheme of things, I'm really quite a lightweight :).

Although 50mg is plenty to test the waters, 100mg is a perfectly comfortable dose - certainly strong, but far from overwhelming. I gave a very close friend of mine around 75mg for her first IV taste - she had also used MDMA (orally) for a number of years. She had never taken anything intravenously before and, although it certainly had a very pronounced effect, she didn't find it to be in any way unpleasant (quite the opposite in fact ;)) or frightening. Obviously shooting anything carries significant risks and needles are really not for messing around with, but the kind of doses that I use (150mg is about my ceiling dose - I have gone up to around 200mg on occasion but things can become a little confusing at those kind of levels,) are really not that unusual.

I'm really not so freakish, fellas :D. Honest.

StoneHappyMonday said:
No, I doubt it was anything other than pure. My friend had been a junkie, for want of a much better word, on heroin and barbs since the mid-70's (he actually packed in in the late 90's after 20+ years) and swore his body was maladjusted to anything even mildly resembling amphetamine.

I've also seen him IV 250mg physeptone. 8o 8o 8o

I must admit a certain surprise at that (not that I'm doubting your word, SHM - you seem to be a geniune kinda chap :)). Although 300mg is an epic dose to shoot in one go, three days is a hell of a long time to fly for! I guess with the timing ('86) I shouldn't really doubt the purity of the material, but I am gobsmacked that it had such a huge effect. I thought I was a little naughty :D.

samadhi, I did about 50 at first, then after the first time I was a little more brave and did about 75.

entheogenius said:
^ I've always been led to believe that the colour is down to lazy chemists not "washing" it thoroughly enough but really don't know the technicalities. Impurities is probably as good a word as any, but that's just the way it's come for the last decade or so.

Not washing it means there are impurities. :) And it means you've been getting impure MDMA for the last decade or so.

Pure MDMA is clear/white... any color at all is an impurity. MDMA is MDMA and it's clear/white... it's not possible for it to be any other color.

I would never do it again out of my profound respect for psychedelics, but I have used Methylone intravenously before. It was definitely the strongest rush I've ever experienced. I felt guilty afterwards for abusing it like I did, so that brought me to my decision to never use such drugs in that way again. It was a wonderful experience despite.

I have always wanted to inject MDMA but never did. I had an Oz pf pure crystals about a year ago and still chickend out. Ohh well. This one fiend I knew was literally addicted to ecstasy like a speed addict. ( didnt think it was possible) But this girl shot up E pills pretty much everyday for a year and a half. Since she was not IVing pure MDMA (the only way ecstasy should be injected) and was IVing pressed pills. Her arms were literally the most fucked up I have scene on anyone in my life. And like I have been with many straight up dope and coke fiends who have been shooting for 30+ years and there arms looked like gold compaired to this girls arms. Since ecstasy pills are not even remotely safe to IV her arms had huge abcess like soars all over it and one of her hands lost most feeling and movement from damaged veins and tissues from IVing so much bullshit. This is no lie, i dunno if she missed all the time or what but she actually had some coloured marks under her skin and in her abcess's that she said are from missed shots. So the fillers and dyes just sit there for a bit before dissolving away. GROSS