Putting yourself on TRT?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Hello,

I'm doing some initial investigation about TRT (testosterone replacement treatment). I know a couple of you are on this...I have questions about doing it yourself...what kind of levels of testosterone can you go on and maintain? Can you do just a cycle of testosterone...constant drip method (2x injection/week?).

I am going to get my test levels checked first before I decide anything and possibly if I can get legally prescribed test I will do that. But, I don't mind buying test illegally...its cheap if you can find the right place.

peace,
samadhi smiles

Why would you WANT to do this?

The results of going on a long duration cycle purposely will be 1 thing: hypoganadism. After you are done puting yourself on HRT you will effectively ALWAYS require HRT. That's basically subjecting yourself to a lifetime of hormone treatments for what reason?

speaking for myself, I would WANT to do it because I'm a 56 year old male who has been naturally low in testosterone my adult life and now due to the aging process I am dropping lower. My internist will not deal with it and I can not afford to see an endocrinologist. Blood tests show a steady decline from what has always been a low normal to what is now quite a bit lower than normal. I'd be happy to just have moderately above low normal at this point.

TRT is a lifelong commitment. Wait to get you Testosterone, Serum, FSH & LH levels evaluated.

Depending on the results, decide whether 'aas cycling' or 'TRT' is most appropriate for your goals.

If you are looking an 'informal' TRT regimen, I can point you towards making your own transdermal cream. Which could be used in between cycles if your levels come back normal to above normal.

aanallein, I was placed on TRT when diagnosed with a pituitary micro-adenoma with secondary hypogonadism. My Testosterone, Serum level was 204 or slightly lower than normal.

Yep if you are already low test then there's no reason not to HRT aside from cost/commitment factor.. but to do it voluntarally seems dumb to me.

I just had my levels checked. Total test was 888 and free test was 169.5. =)

I did it voluntarily for over 5 years because I had no insurance and no doctor that was willing to prescribe TRT, which was and has been very controversial.

I kept to therapeutic doses (250mg q 5-21 days), 21 days being cause I was simply tired of pinning myself. But every 5-7 days was the goal, same frequency of formal HRT/TRT therapeutic doses.

I did it because I knew I had low testosterone. I had all the symptoms of hypogonadism without being formally diagnosed with it. And low and behold 5 years later, 3 months with out ANY exogenous testosterone, my levels were low and I did have an abnormality on my pituitary gland.

Surely levels not low enough to warrant high(er) dose TRT therapy, but certainly not normal for a 31 year old male.

And my transdermal AndroGel rx, with confirmed dx of hypogonadism, was for, what translates to, a mere 350mg a week of testosterone. IMO, conservative.

P.S. Sorry for any grammatical errors or odd formations of sentences, it's a break from life and a benzo night.

samadhi_smiles said:
Hello,

I'm doing some initial investigation about TRT (testosterone replacement treatment). I know a couple of you are on this...I have questions about doing it yourself...what kind of levels of testosterone can you go on and maintain? Can you do just a cycle of testosterone...constant drip method (2x injection/week?).

I am going to get my test levels checked first before I decide anything and possibly if I can get legally prescribed test I will do that. But, I don't mind buying test illegally...its cheap if you can find the right place.

peace,
samadhi smiles

You would be looking for a longer estered testosterone injectable which would allow you to shoot less frequent and still be able to maintain stable blood levels.

Your best choices are Testosterone Enanthate and Testosterone Cypionate. There is also Sustanon.

HRT doses vary although a common dose would be something like 250mg every other week.

If you shoot on schedule each time, you should be able to maintain constant blood levels, at whichever dosage you are trying to achieve.

I'm going to try a product that supposedly will help to "naturally" boost testosterone. Diesel Test which has all the main players that are usually found in such products. And before I get the usual reply from someone that the stuff is crap I'll say that I've read quite a bit about these type products and according to what others report some of the ingredients do provide positive effects for some people. My choice as to this specific product was based on number of ingredients that reportedly produce positive results and cost, as to if this particular product will produce the desired effect I will find out. I also tend to think that the same product may affect different people in different ways so if someone else has not been successful does not mean it will not be positive for me and visa versa. As to why I never tried it before, I was OK with being low normal and have recently gone below low normal which is not OK for me. I'm at 148 serum now having been 260 to 320 for the recent past. Never had a FSH or LH test, nor free testosterone for that matter. Anywho, after I try this for a month if it does not work then I move on to the next step.

I'll probably go straight to TRT if Diesel Test does not generate a noticeable increase in serum testosterone. I see no advantage to using prohormones vs. using replacement testosterone By medical definition, i.e. precursor, nothing in the product I mention is a prohormone. Diesel Test Hardcore, for those who lack the energy and/or motivation to do the research themselves before commenting has ingredients listed as:
Proprietary Blend: Maca Root (12:1), Epimedium (Horny Goat Weed) (min. 40% Icariins), Avena Sativa (standardized for Avenacosides A&B), Arginine HCL, Arginine Pyroglutamate, Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris (min, 20% Protodioscin), Di-Indolyl-Methane (DIM), Rhodiola Rosea, Rosemary, Panax Ginseng, Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma Longifolia Jack), Dodder Seed, Choline Bitartrate, Cnidium Monnieri, Cordyceps, Bioperine.

I'm sure to hear yet again another uneducated comment that it's crap, however this products ingredients have been shown to increase testosterone in some people. Again, they may not work for some and that's what I need to find out..if it will work in my case.

meh it looks like a good list of so-so ingredients. If I was in a similar situation then I guess thats the kind of product I'd go for. And its not a prohormone as much as a herbal aid. I certainly wouldnt be paying very much for it - I hope its less than $1 a day! Let us know if you get bloodwork done afterwards- I'd be interested to see if there is a noticable difference in serum test levels.

I just had my levels checked. Total test was 888 and free test was 169.5. =)

Those numbers are fuckin HUGE! No wonder your such a beast :)

samadhi - you do realise this will prolly sterilise you?

I'm sure to hear yet again another uneducated comment that it's crap

its not uneducated opinion. prohormones ARE crap.

1. more side effects
2. less anabolic effects
3. virtually no studies done unlike real steroids

if you're gonna fuck with your endocrine system do some real roids not some methylated bullshit that will destroy your liver and give you bitchtits.

i've increased my testosterone levels 30% in 2 months. you know how? eating a fuckton of calories and lifting like an animal. that's all i've been doing and it works.

and btw you can call me uneducated all you want but you can ask anybody on this board that i'm serious about my training and push my shit to the limit every day. i'm not cocky per se but i know my shit and take weight training seriously. if you want to take pro hormones go for it but don't blame me when they wind up decreasing your natural test levels long term and do nothing for you in the end but drain your wallet and f up your endocrine system.

lift hard, eat and rest, repeat. that's how you get somewhere in this sport.

does TRT really make you sterile? I have not read that (I've only read intro stuff on the web though).

over time yes it will. so will any use of steroids without time off and proper PCT.

essentially when you use any testosterone.. injectable, cream, pill.. its irrelevent, you are putting Test directly into your system. Your endocrine system works via a reverse feedback mechanism. Your balls are supposed to be producing testosterone. When you put it into your system, even if its just "prohormones" you are bypassing your natural production process but you still have elivated levels of test in your system. Your endocrine system detects this elevated level and tells your balls to slow down production because you have too much test in your system. Your balls then slow down or stop production entirely and begin to atrophy (get smaller). your balls, as you know, produce sperm. if your balls shrink down to the point where they can no longer produce sperm you are no longer fertile.

This is why putting yourself on HRT means you will require HRT for LIFE. You will be artificially and intentially putting yourself through hypoganadism (shrinking of the testicals) so that they no longer produce testosterone and sperm.

This is why using ANY testosterone product whether its Test E, Anavar, or the latest prohormone to sweep the noob market is VERY dangerous to the health of your endocrine system. While you might see an elevated test level initially it will ALWAYS decline overtime and then MARKEDLY decline after cessation of whatever product you are using unless you use proper PCT protocol which virtually no noobs do especially noobs taking prohormones.

^ aanallein is correct.

My doctor stated to me before we decided on TRT and AndroGel, that if I wanted to have kids it is possible. However the longer I'm on TRT, the tougher it will be but he also added that HCG in addition to TRT has successfully produced children for many of his patients.

aanallein said:
and btw you can call me uneducated all you want but you can ask anybody on this board that i'm serious about my training and push my shit to the limit every day. i'm not cocky per se but i know my shit and take weight training seriously. if you want to take pro hormones go for it but don't blame me when they wind up decreasing your natural test levels long term and do nothing for you in the end but drain your wallet and f up your endocrine system.

lift hard, eat and rest, repeat. that's how you get somewhere in this sport.

Dude someone calling YOU uneducated...LMMFAO! Put'm on ignore...stupid fuck.

Junyur said:
You would be looking for a longer estered testosterone injectable which would allow you to shoot less frequent and still be able to maintain stable blood levels.

Your best choices are Testosterone Enanthate and Testosterone Cypionate. There is also Sustanon.

HRT doses vary although a common dose would be something like 250mg every other week.

If you shoot on schedule each time, you should be able to maintain constant blood levels, at whichever dosage you are trying to achieve.

Sustanon is a very poor choice for TRT. Too many esters and his levels would not be constant even with consistency in dosing.

Enanthate & Cypionate are the best choices, obviously you are correct here.

However I will disagree with the frequency of dosage. Both from personal experience, professional experience (worked for an HRT doc for 6 months as a PA) and from literature I've recently reviewed, the half-life is approximately 8 days.

Injecting every 14 days would cause a rollercoaster effect. I saw and heard patients woes of only receiving their in-office injections every 14 days. The doctor would advise them to "fix it" by coming in every week for a shot, but it was a convenience thing for them to come every 14 days.

Samadhi, since your wanting to build muscle as well as support your natural levels, I would recommend testosteone enanthate/cypionate q 5 days. If you're off cycle and taking a break but still want to supplement, q 7 days.

Given the way half life works it really seems like the absolute BEST scenario would be to use Test Enanthate and have injections every 4 days (essentially half your weekly dose twice a week).

I was going to say the same thing about Sustanon as what you said and I'd say that Cypionate would be too short lived.

The most important thing about Test is stability in your levels. Its the fluctuation of test levels that really causes most of the nasty side effects so keeping a constant blood level is most ideal.

Testosterone replacment was one of the major focuses for developing a male contraceptive.

Sust was developed for TRT. Idea was the mix of esters would allow once every 4 week shots. However in practice the esters all peak and fall at different times and dont provide a smooth level of test (the rollercoaster effect as described by anallein and whatchamacallit)

I'd say enanth 250mg e7d for TRT. (just to throw my hat in the ring!) For your purposes though I'd be suggesting something more like an extended cycle of like 16 weeks of e5d 250mg followed by a month PCT and a further month or two (if you can handle two) off and start again. Possible use of HCG throughout. But this would be a lifelong commitment. You just looking to top up your natural test levels? Build extra muscle? Increase libido?

Last edited: