Putting yourself on TRT?

aanallein said:
Ok here let me do a synopsis on the production of testosterone:

1. Hypothalamus releases a substance to the Pituitary Gland called Gonadotropin Releasing hormone (GnRH).
2. GnRH causes the pituitary to produce Follicle- Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH), which are Gonadotropins.
3. LH travels to the Testes where it triggers the production of Testosterone from Cholesterol.
4. Cholesterol is converted to Pregnenolon via Cholesterol Side Cleavage Enzyme.
5. Pregnenolone is coverted through a series of compounds including Progesterone, Deoxycorticosterone, Corticosterone, Aldosterone, Cortisol, Dehydroepiandrosterone, Androstanediol, and others.
6. Eventually this process creates Testosterone.
7. If too much Testosterone is produced the pituitary slows release of LH via a reduction in GnRH from the Hypothalamus in a reverse feedback mechanism.

Every product on the market that claims to boost testosterone does it by tinkering with this chain of events. Why was Andro such a popular pro-hormone? Because its the immediate precursor to Test in the body so it had a huge effect on Test levels.

The problem with tinkering with any step in this process is that there are reverse feedback mechanisms in place to keep things balanced. If you increase LH levels via some random herb, the body will know it and subsequently, lower the release of GnRH to keep things in balance.

I don't care WHAT the product claims it is. "Test Booster" is an artificial term created by these companies to distract you from the fact that anything that boosts your testosterone level does so via some step in this chain and the body has reverse feedback loops in place at every step to control production of testosterone.

The best way to increase Testosterone is to increase the body's demand for testosterone via heavy exercise. If you put your body in a state where it needs the hormone, you won't activate feedback mechanisms that will lead to a slowdown or shutdown of production.

There simply isn't a way to "boost" test levels without doing so somewhere along the chain of events I illustrated. Its not biologically possible. So maybe the definition of prohormone stops at the cholesterol cleaving enzyme and everything beyond that is by definition a testosterone 'booster' but seriously - same fucking difference man. As each step in the process is regulated by a reverse feedback mechanism, you can be sure that boosting LH levels will have the same net effect as taking Andro would ultimately - a slow down in your body's natural production of test without the compound.

from what I have read diesel test hardcore *attempts* to work via the LH pathway. I would also like to say that I think that any effect this product may or may not have *might* be directly related to if the person taking the product is naturally low or normal or high in testosterone. In other words, part of my experiment in using this product is will it cause a different reaction in myself, who is naturally low than in a person, perhaps as yourself, who is basically normal. This is, afterall, as I tried to explain from the get go, an experiment by myself to see if this product can help me. If it cannot, then I feel I need to go to the testosterone replacement route. However I felt it was a good thing to try since *IF* it did help me it was much more benign than using testosterone replacement.

Well good luck with that.

I'm assuming you had your free test checked prior to using the product? I'd suggest getting it tested after using it for 2 months then again 2 months later and if you stop taking it make sure to get your levels tested after coming off it as well.

well, no. I had serum test checked which was 147 on 6/6/08. As an update, I had serum checked againyesterday and it was 217. I used the product I mentioned for about 35 days with a dosage of 2 tabs am and 2 tabs about noon. I can report that not much at all changed except that towards the end probably about 10 days I added about 5 mins off jogging (6 mph) on a treadmill. I also should state that my beer intake increased from avg 2-3 a day (12oz) to 4-6 a day, although that should have a negative effective. In conclusion, my serum test did go up during the time span I used the product although I can not say it was because of the product, do your own diligence.
I'm moving forward with a test period of 1/2 a sachet of Androgel 1% (5gm) for roughly 2.5gm a day for approx. a month and will report back. Good luck to all who have problems with natural test levels.

Androgel 5g/day bumped my serum, test from 204 to 287. Not much of an improvement.

My doc upped my dose 10g/day and would like to see me labs in 400-700 range. I doubt it will happen.

WooHooo prescription injectable test :)

and push my shit to the limit every day

This will fuck up your test.

all the old timers knew to lit conservatively.

take it easy and maximise your natural test.

and push my shit to the limit every day

This will fuck up your test.

all the old timers knew to lit conservatively.

take it easy and maximise your natural test.

umm you just responded to a thread made three years ago with the newest post before yours being 2 years ago...might wanna pay attention to thread/post dates

Testosterone

Increasing testosterone by supplementation is a great way to augment for the body's depleted testosterone levels. Most often, low testosterone is the cause of many discomforts during andropause. Natural testosterones are preferable for increasing testosterone than synthetic testosterone. Not only can the use of synthetic testosterones cause negative side effects, they can also be the cause of permanent damage in the natural production of testosterones in the male body.

Yeah buddy

I dont give a shit to those assholes who will comment on my decision to bump an old thread, this is a damn forum and a forum is about putting your opinion out there regardless of how long the damn thread is, so I just have to say this:

THESE FUCKERS ''WATCHAMACALLIT'' AND ''AANALLEIN'' THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL AND ALL THE OTHER BALL-SUCKERS KEEP BACKING THEM UP.
IF YOU CLAIM TO BE SO EDUCATED PERHAPS YOU SHOULD LEARN WHAT ''RESPECT'' MEANS BEFORE YOU EVEN JOIN A FORUM. YOU BOTH ARE JUICERS WHO GOT BIG AND NOW THINK YOU CAN CALL ANY OTHER BEGINNER A ''FOOL''. YOU TWO GOTTA GO MAKE LOVE TO EACHOTHER.

CHUR BRO