• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Feedback Thread] How can WE improve on the PD forum? Suggestions welcome!

make a sticky banning mushroom ID threads. Its causing a lot of clutter lately.

Not nearly as much clutter as you cause.

I propose a formal ban of the person claiming to be samadhi_smiles!

Remove all the non-relevant crap posts aside from the "social thread". I think what has been posted in this presumably serious thread so far demonstrates a need for this.

fizzacyst said:
Remove all the non-relevant crap posts aside from the "social thread". I think what has been posted in this presumably serious thread so far demonstrates a need for this.
I agree. I think the social thread is great but I think it has been causing a decline in serious discussion in threads about psychedelic drugs (and forum issues like this one). Its driving away long-time (and good) posters from the forum I think, unfortunately. :\

Maybe sub-forums for the psychedelic forum? There are many different types..so yeah. Just a suggestion.

euphoricnod said:
^ I think that would make PD an unfriendly animal.

I don't mean things like questions that 50% of the forum finds a little basic or something (though lower-level stuff should go to BDD), or some off-hand comments about drug experiences. I meant more like, why the hell are people posting screenshots from Star Trek: The Next Generation episode #162, asking for sources, nude pics, etc in a thread asking how to improve the forum? It really has no bearing on anything, and I think makes an effective demonstration of the sort of stuff that is being posted that doesn't belong here.

I hit up about half as many threads as I used to, kind of assuming a lot of crap like that is around. I know I'm not everyone and there are lots of lurkers, but come on guys, lets try to set a standard for quality here. This is one of the few public places where you can read/participate in discussion on brand new, extremely rare drugs along with the classics, see first-hand accounts of experiences, read about dangers related to them, learn how to be safe, and get free advice and guidance from those who have traveled the long strange road.

Lets not water it down to the kindergarten level, eh? This place serves a very important purpose.

Don Luigi said:
Some sort of summaries of psychedelic literature perhaps? Might convince more people (me included) to get off their arses and read it!

This.

I like collections of things, so heaps of literature summaries would be a great tool for the inquiring mind :)

^Can you elaborate a bit more, as to summaries?

Anyway, we're waiting on more replies and then we'll discuss the issues. I do think fizzacyst has raised something worth discussing....

As do I.

I can think of a good handful of people who have been posting here a long time who haven't been posting much, or at all. I'd really like to hear from you as to why you're not posting, as that is the main concern in my mind with this.

I too feel like there has been a decline in quality here... well, maybe not. There is still plenty of quality information going around. It's just that there is a higher signal-to-noise ratio these days. I'd like to see less off-topicness in directed threads. It's a fine line, though... I don't want to remove the element of fun from here. I love how we all have fun posting here. But I also don't want to chase people away who only come here sometimes to find things out, and are repelled by all the stuff they have to sort through to find something.

samadhi_smiles said:
I agree. I think the social thread is great but I think it has been causing a decline in serious discussion in threads about psychedelic drugs (and forum issues like this one). Its driving away long-time (and good) posters from the forum I think, unfortunately.

Well, if someone reads the social thread and decides not to post here, then that's their problem, as far as I'm concerned... if they don't want to read it, then they shouldn't read it. The social thread is for fun. What concerns me is when the social thread spills over into the other threads too much. And like I said above, anecdotes that are related to the discussion in a focused thread, even if they cause a bit of a diversion, are okay. I enjoy reading about things, and I enjoy when discussion veers into another realm, as long as that realm is also interesting. But posts should remain related to the topic when they're in a thread that has a topic.

Something else is that occasionally I feel like people are disregarding harm reduction a little bit. We have to remember that a lot of people read our posts here, and most particularly a lot of young people read our posts, and if we suggest something dangerous, it could very well cause someone to feel like it's okay to try the same thing. That goes against the ideals that Bluelight was founded on. This is especially true if you've been posting here for a while and people respect your opinions. I am sure I have been guilty of this at times as well... let's just try to remember that.

Well, to point, Xorkoth...but we shouldn't discourage discussion of IV psychedelics or any other 'dangerous' practice (I'm reluctant to admit that IVing psychedelics is dangerous if done properly, since I don't think it is). THAT would be against the spirit of BL...a place to openly discuss harm reduction issues....but I agree its a fine line.

I just realized something the other day...there are up to 130 people on the PD forum during peak hours (or so I observe at least) and only ~20 of those are registered users. So, the VAST majority of users of PD are unregistered/anonymous lurkers. I'm not sure exactly what that means...except that I don't want to project messages that are dangerous/unsafe to those people....especially if I stop and pause and consider how many of those users are young/impressionable.

I agree that we shouldn't discourage discussion of responsible IV usage of psychedelics. We also shouldn't glamorize it or proclaim how awesome it is. ;)

true then I think we're on the same page, I for one can admit that I get a little carried away on BL sometimes about certain things....its one of my favorite hobbies (psychedelic drug use) and I get a little over-excited about it sometimes. =D

^As we all do, and I think that most of us are really just big kids- I cannot see adulthodd as pattof my future- so childishness creeps in uite easily. Then again, we're talking about very serious things.

To my mind the usage of needles isn't a brilliant harm reduction strategy in general. Imagine that one ends up i.ving "other drug catergories" - like opiates. If people do it they do it! I'm certain that there's ample room in Other Drugs to perhaps add to their undoubtedly extensive literature on aseptic injection techniques.
Generally i'ving drugs doesn't eventually end in a situation akin to paradise - at least not after a while.
I understand your point of view, I know I was a proponent of i.ving for a long time, I now personally feel it bad for me - so I'm here just to add a little balance to the debate.
If people wanna i.v/i.m let em do it, but the glamourisation ( yeah S_ S some of our younger viewers may be influenced my your charismatic charm & dashing devil may care attitude ;) ) & dare I say it promotion of such practices doesn't ( to my mind) reflect a true spirit of HR.
Perhaps a poll on who does & doesn't & would or wouldn't i.v/i.m. psychedelics would giive some indication of the overall situation within psychedelic use.

My my how things change eh :\
Lots of love people <3

There's ample info about "safe" or "safer" injections techniques here at Bl. Maybe not specifically in PD, but at least it's at the same site :\
I've never injected anything myself, and have only shown some interest in IM ketamine, which btw I have found all the answers I was looking for right here in PD, so no complaints about that. :)
But I certainly understand what B9 is saying here ^, maybe a B&D psychedelic injection thread aimed at highlighting the safer ways to do it? Of course the risks and dangers should be ephasized as well. I dunno, I've always been a big fan of the B&D system you guys've set up, so I'd love to see more :)
I also understand what Xorkoth is talking about and I plan on getting more involved here at PD, I know I haven't been around as much as I used to be.

I second the suggestion to make a thread for psychedelic literature. I've seen threads here and there, but nothing along the lines of a B&D. I dont know what your guys' policy or thoughts about online books are(since it is technically piracy of books, right? :\), but there are quite a few I'm trying to find myself.

well, I'd still like a place to talk about IVing simple tryptamines with others experimenting it. Myself I haven't taken the plunge (hehe) yet with DPT or 5-meo-DMT, but I plan to. I like it that there are others who have done so...I'm extremely interested in this ROA for simple tryptamines like MET, DPT, DMT, etc. I think they will be the best...

So I need a place and others like me need a place to talk about issues (solubility, etc) in regards IV. Its against the spirit of harm reduction to disallow BLers to have a place to talk about their drug interests. Its discussion about IVing psychedelic drugs, it belongs in PD forum.

I think the IV glamour has faded from this forum...it was an illusion anyways, like you say B9 it never ends in paradise, just ask anybody who has known anybody who regularly IVs smack :\

^I hear what you're saying, and you make a good point, but harm reduction means many things to many people, and anyone could find a way to claim their thread is about harm reduction :\
Let me give you an example, isn't getting RCs from reputable vendors safer than getting them from street dealers who could've put anything in there? So why shouldn't we allow sources?
See what I mean? anybody can claim "harm reduction" but a line has to be drawn somewhere, dont you agree?

Dont get me wrong though, I'm not saying I dont think you have good ideas here, and I'm definately not saying you would use the term "harm reduction" wrongly.

I get what you're saying...anyways, I'll back out of this thread now, others are sure to have more thoughts about this and other issues...

peace and light PD :)