View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
^The herb doesn't really interact with the DMT until the DMT is coming down, but then it turns the 2-3 minute blissful return into a 30 minute blissful return. And you're high on pot, too.

=D

Hi first time poster, long time lurker (what a cliché lol ).

I recently acquired 250mg of DMT, but having never bought, seen or experienced DMT before, I can't be sure that it is DMT... I looked around on erowid for pictures, but they all had crystal shards in them, even the powder pics seemed to be made up of crystal shards. The powder I have is a slightly tanned white powder; no crystal shards anywhere and has a couple of lumps in it that turn to powder when pressed together. Is this normal?

Also seeming as I am a first time user, could anyone give me a reccommendation for set, setting, dose etc? Should I not eat for a while before hand? What's the best way to smoke it? Been looking at making a machine, but if I can't get hold of the parts, what would be another easy method of ingestion? Is there any way to make dosing easier, as I don't have scales? I have read a few pages of this thread, and a lot on erowid, but would appreciate some extra advice from experienced DMT users.

Sorry for the barrage of newbie questions; but I'm a newbie to DMT!

Its impossible to tell by looking at it what it is. I've seen yellow, orange, pink, white, and clear DMT before.

Dose: 50mg (if you absolutely cannot get a scale then you can eyeball DMT if you KNOW you have 250mg, just split it into 5 equal piles).

Set: Comfortable mental state, relaxed (I find midnight a good time when endo melatonin is kicking in), happy.

Setting: Quiet, candle-lit (one or two) or completely dark (what feels right), incense, very soft ambient music playing (or no music, do what feels right to you), not a full stomach (maybe eat something light 3-4 hours before).

If you can make a machine, thats the best. However, you can also freebase it off some aluminum foil (shape the aluminum foil into a bowl, literally, like you eat cereal from, and place the DMT inside and with a straw SLOWLY begin heating it, it will explode into extremely hot vapor if you heat it too quick). You can also smoke low doses from a bowl. Sprinkle marijuana and then add the DMT over (read above for more tips on that). Breakthrough doses are hard to achieve with the bowl method, but it has been done.

I highly highly recommend you go for a breakthrough dose for your first time.

peace and light,
samadhi

There's been alot of mentionof dmt + thc. While the advantage is that the thc adds complexity to the experience, thc expands in your lungs when smoked, and competes with dmt vapor. On a pharmacological level, though, they don't. My avatar is a picture I found on the net of dmt, in case you wonder what it looks like, although, like samahdi said it can be brown, yellow, tan, reddish, pinkish, white, and clear. best harm reduction I can tell you, is know your source. :)

So the consensus is, that this could be DMT, I just have to trust my source... I don't see why he would lie, he has been reliable in the past with his products.

Methinks I'll try 50mg in a couple of weeks, cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Cheers for all the info samadhi, just what I was looking for! :)

I crash here said:
So the consensus is, that this could be DMT, I just have to trust my source... I don't see why he would lie, he has been reliable in the past with his products.

Methinks I'll try 50mg in a couple of weeks, cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Cheers for all the info samadhi, just what I was looking for! :)

hey dude why wait a couple weeks? unless its just taking time to know what it is.... that makes sense. but if you know you got dmt why wait! you know it dosnt last long and its real amazing the first time. DONT forget your 3rd huge toke, two lets you stay somewhat in reality and while i cant say its scary i can definatly say its much more uncomfterble than being in the complete bliss that a breakthrough gives you.

if the powder is kinda waxy feeling its more likely dmt than if it isnt waxy. no matter if its crystals or powder or anything when you press it together it should be like candle wax or soap kinda feeling. unless its earwax...

but if its just powdery i would question it. if its like baking soda in powderness then i cant say ive ever seen deemsters like that.

smell it. you should smell it and if you go WOAH what the FUCK is this stuff. or if it kinda smells a littttle bit like a robust version of honeysuckle mixed with your eyes rolling back (dont know how you can smell that but just go with it) then its probly dmt. smells spicy too. the smell is the essence of the trip. if you smell it and think of spheres rolling all over go for a hit or two.. wait .. no... 3 :)

IGNVS said:
hey dude why wait a couple weeks? unless its just taking time to know what it is.... that makes sense. but if you know you got dmt why wait! you know it dosnt last long and its real amazing the first time. DONT forget your 3rd huge toke, two lets you stay somewhat in reality and while i cant say its scary i can definatly say its much more uncomfterble than being in the complete bliss that a breakthrough gives you.

if the powder is kinda waxy feeling its more likely dmt than if it isnt waxy. no matter if its crystals or powder or anything when you press it together it should be like candle wax or soap kinda feeling. unless its earwax...

but if its just powdery i would question it. if its like baking soda in powderness then i cant say ive ever seen deemsters like that.

smell it. you should smell it and if you go WOAH what the FUCK is this stuff. or if it kinda smells a littttle bit like a robust version of honeysuckle mixed with your eyes rolling back (dont know how you can smell that but just go with it) then its probly dmt. smells spicy too. the smell is the essence of the trip. if you smell it and think of spheres rolling all over go for a hit or two.. wait .. no... 3 :)

It is kind of waxy, I took a small clump of it and rubbed it between my fingers and it sort of smeared across them; this sound about right?

I am waiting a while to try it, as I'm a little anxious... Want to wait for a good moment when my mind is ready for it, no distraction, no nagging thoughts and all that malarky. I'm not a huge pscyhonaut, so DMT is kind of a big step for me *hides in the corner embarrassed* lol

sounds right

you might consider smoking 20mg or so in a bowl.

that is very nice and very anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing). You get nice visuals and a great body buzz with a little mini trip.

but youshould just plunge in. After you smoke it (as long as you release to the experience) you will be surprised how little there is to worry about it. It is PURE LOVE.

samadhi_smiles said:
sounds right

you might consider smoking 20mg or so in a bowl.

that is very nice and very anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing). You get nice visuals and a great body buzz with a little mini trip.

but youshould just plunge in. After you smoke it (as long as you release to the experience) you will be surprised how little there is to worry about it. It is PURE LOVE.

I'm glad all the signs point to it being DMT, I didn't think this guy would fob me off with dodgy merchandise. I'll probably end up going for a breakthrough experience, either way it'll probably be best to wait for the time that feels right? I get the feeling I'm over thinking this whole thing.

I crash here said:
I'm glad all the signs point to it being DMT, I didn't think this guy would fob me off with dodgy merchandise. I'll probably end up going for a breakthrough experience, either way it'll probably be best to wait for the time that feels right? I get the feeling I'm over thinking this whole thing.

you're not alone! i just acquired my first ~100mg of DMT more than a few days ago and i'm waiting for that perfect moment to plunge in.. it's kind of annoying though because i'll go through these 30min stages of my day where i feel fully comfortable to try a bit yet the situation i'm in DOES NOT call for smoking DMT..

like i'll be in class and it'll cross my mind and i feel all for it, or for instance i was at my mom's the other day and felt good as ever to try it.. yet when i wake up the next morning when i've actually got 2hrs to spare i'm just not in the right mood.. i don't know, just like you i feel like i've given this way too much thought.. though i've got this weird tick where i feel like everything has to be right when i finally do try it.. who knows when my spare time and a not-anxious mind will cross paths, i feel night time would be the best time as i'm always feeling a bit shitty in the morning and gradually feel less stressed as the day goes on

well there's no big hurry but there really is nothing to be afraid of.

mind manifesting

oh i'm in no hurry at all, but posts like yours defiantly help me ease into the whole thing though, no doubt :), especially the one about the lower doses/20mg.. i've got nothing to work on for school all next week as it's spring break, so that's another good thing i've got to reflect on

Before breaking through I will often take a 10-20mg dose to unlock some initial uneasiness that sometimes pops up still in me. I find it much easier to 'be' once I do breakthrough doing it like this.

I dont have a scale either and it will be my first time doing DMT soon, is it possible to snort it?

or should i just make a bowl out of tinfoil

a scale isn't necessary. if you start low you can easily estimate the strength of your dose after some experience.

yes, you can snort it, but that's quite wasteful. a dose that gets you to hyperspace when smoked will not even give you visuals when snorted.

i recommend a test tube pipe. it's easily built, doesn't need any exotic supplies and has worked perfectly for me. it only takes me 2 good tokes for a breakthrough. i am sure many here would recommend a machine instead…

How common is it to bad buzz from ayahuasca brew? You know, how mushrooms and salvia are way more likely to give you a bad trip than lets say.. LSD. How common is it with ayahuasca? I was thinking of making a brew with 125g of B. Caapi and 30g of M. Hostillis(root bark) and taking it as one dose. Is this too high of a dose?

Also, what is the difference between white and black B. Caapi? Thanks

^^^ Ayahuasca is heavy stuff, and every bit as reality-shattering as fungus or salvia. I personally feel that those who wish to pursue caapi-based ayahuasca should, ideally, make it a long term (lifetime) dedication. I have read that mimosa hostilis is considered by some ayahuasqueros to have a particularly wild spirit. And of course caapi is revered as an enormously powerful teacher itself. Proceed with only with maximum respect, deep humility, and pure intentions.

Also, it may be a good idea to first extract the DMT so you can administer a precise dose, unless a deeper engagement with the plant itself is something you desire. My one experience with oral mimosa was rather hectic, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.