Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
k will do

I'm trying to smoke a breakthrough dose tonight to deal with some problems I've been having with GHB. :/

I know using drugs to handle drug problems isn't the best bet, but its what I need to do now.

Hey the sunshine just broke out :)

that mimosa resin is what I always toke on... it isn't harsh at all - the only irritation I feel is from the heat of the vapor. it also sticks/soaks on/into herb nicely with a bit of heat =D==~

is this a go outside and smoke it in the woods at 2am because I might puke and freak, or stay in my room smoke it in a roor bong and lay in bed and disappear drug?

well i plan on having my 1st DMT experience with my long-term GF tomorrow. i have no scale, but have roughly 250mg weighed out and planned on separating it into 10-15 equal piles and smoking one pile. i would rather test the waters then go with a whole 1/5th of the 250mg i have, especially with my GF. i figure i won't have too hard of a time finding a dose around 25mg the method i plan on doing. how are doses around the 20-30mg range? i have read conflicting reports about it still being enough for a breakthrough...

just load some up, take a toke, hold it in, and lay back and relax.

20-30mg may be enough for a breakthrough depending on your personal biochemistry. I have personally broken through on about 25mg, however I was on piracetam which seems to potentiate DMT for me and I was in a pretty crazy period of my life (where I felt like I was constantly tripping almost!). So take that fwiw.

I would say 50mg will be the dose most people will break through and probably 70-90mg will be a complete and whole breakthrough (if you can get that much DMT into your lungs quick enough!).

unsul, I'd suggest loading a tiny, tiny bit in if you feel the need to taste before devouring... I wish I had gone all-out on my first time, but it ended up just fine as I got through most of the difficult stuff in the first couple times spicing. The breakthrough polished out any remaining bad bits.

If you dove head-first into the trip without any small taste-tests, odds are you won't have time to feel any anxiety. Getting halfway there is what causes most of bad feelings.

I'm still experiencing a bit of tension whenever I think of DMT... I just kinda feel like I don't want to trip for a while with the substance - I fear it will show me something I don't want to see. I need to get past this and do a couple np pulls and blast off in private sometime soon, perhaps in a light-filled field, or perhaps deep in the woods, or perhaps underwater... But after all is said and done, I'm just glad I managed to be illuminated for those couple of months.

well I wouldn't recommend blasting off underwater, the possibility for drowning is certainly there on high doses. be careful!

I would certainly recommend trekking off into the woods off the trail until you find a cozy little niche (preferably on a bed of leaves) to settle down onto and after a long enough time to become accustomed, blast off!

"getting halfway there is what causes most of the bad feelings"

so tru

The first few times I did DMT the group I did it with didn't have a method of smoking efficiently perfected, so I didn't really break through with 65 mg smoked on top of weed in a bowl. It was quite nice though. We've now started pouring the DMT into the bowl through the shotgun and vaporized the DMT by holding the lighter onto the bottom of the bowl. We've broken through every time with 70-80mg a pop and had wonderful experiences.

I swear their technique is still a bit off though, and I still want to make a Machine. They've recently been doing about 100mg at a time, but there's always quite a bit of unsmoked DMT in the piece.

Last night I tried 100mg for the first time. The vapor kept coming and coming, I kept going up and up, so I kept on taking lungful after lungful until I was just totally incapable of hitting it any more. Probably 5-6 really solid hits. Bad idea. Really bad. It was way too much. I was totally unprepared for it. That was probably the worst experience of my life. I'm fairly experienced and I've never had a bad trip on anything else. If it had to happen, I'm glad that it happened on DMT and ended quickly before any permanent psychological damage had been done.

The trip is really hard to describe and I cannot do it justice. Once I stopped hitting the bowl, I put on one of those "mindfold" things but I cannot recall whether my eyes were closed or open inside of it. Once I put it on, I totally lost my body and my mind and was just awareness. The visuals were classic DMT, but at the same time, they were just totally irrelevant to what I was experiencing, so they're difficult to recall as well. As I became more able to experience what was going on, all I could think was various permutations of: "what the fuck?!?", "oh my god", "I just want this to stop", "I never wanted to see or know any of this", "I will never do this again". I knew it was just a drug experience and that I would come down, but there was still this tremendous fear. When I was able to, I took off the blindfold and told the other people in the room, "talk, please." I just wanted to be able to experience what normalcy I could so I didn't completely lose it. How could I experience what I was experiencing, and be able to live with it? I was pretty convinced that killing myself once I came down was the only obvious solution, and I really didn't want to have to do that because it would hurt everyone I love so much.

I still know exactly why I was thinking that (it's hard to explain), I think it still applies, and that scares the shit out of me. I seriously considered not speaking ever again, but as I came down I knew that that wouldn't be good for me.

I can't help but feel that the behavior of everyone I've ever known (including my own) is radically out of line with what we'd be doing if we had any clue what's going on. At the same time, if I ever do meet someone who knows what's up, I doubt I will be able to tell that that is the case.

My best friend's girlfriend came over afterward (he was one of the other folks present) and we made chocolate covered fruit chunks. I like her a lot. She's fun, really touchy/physical, and although she doesn't mind talking about drug use, she stays totally uninvolved and it was nice being able to just do and talk about totally different stuff for a few hours. We're both good foils for each other's sense of humor. I felt a lot more normal, and it was just a good balm to soothe that hellhole of a trip.

I'm still really lost, but now that I've had a chance to think about it, I recognize the place that I am. I've been lost here for quite a while. My plan now is the same as it was before. I meditate, eat very healthy, and I stay in great shape. I'll keep up with the hobbies and be as social as I can be (it's difficult). I'll finish college and get a mortgage. I love kids, and I'll have the 2.5 kids if I feel up to the job of being their dad. I just don't know what else to do.

I just want a really really really good hug, and I haven't had one of those in a while. :\

Last edited:
Bercilak said:
I was pretty convinced that killing myself once I came down was the only obvious solution...

I still know exactly why I was thinking that (it's hard to explain), I think it still applies, and that scares the shit out of me.

I had the same type of experience on mushrooms many years ago - I don't really have an explanation - there was very little content to the trip apart from pure negativity - some sort of intense nihilistic mind-set and the conviction that I would feel exactly the same after the trip ended. Fortunately, although I could still clearly see the logic of the suicide 'imperative' when I came down, the need to act on it was somehow gone.

Last edited:
When approaching the 100mg DMT mark, it does take a fair bit of exposure to settle into it. Set and setting are ESSENTIAL! I rarely have massive smokes in groups, simply because I know that their 'static' will phase me. I usually only smoke hits of that size or above, max about 200 (very negatibe physical effects, fever) and lie in the grass (be the grass) or under a tree (be the tree)...Also, hugging my dog allows me to at least imagine we share conciousness....

I still get frightened on DMT even after well into the several hundred uses, at many different dosages and settings. But the fear is more another side to excitement, which is anticipation, which is useless ecause now is all you've got.

The fear, if it arises, is the Pure Fear of utter loss; but to lose something, it must already been in ones possesion, and nothing in life can really be thought about personally, when you consider that nothing has any meaning beyond what human language struggles to name. What is the worst that could happen? You won't die. But you also won't be you, and as the egoic-perspective of our culture suggest that the ego is the reality, the feeling of egolessness is equated with death. But if the ego is a falsehood, so is the fear, and can be discarded at will. The inner Observer is never afraid.

Is smoking salvia more frightening than smoking DMT? From what I hear it sounds like it is, and DMT is much much more friendly and whatnot. I just want some relative confirmation, so I know I won't be putting myself through that kind of ordeal again. ;)

I was thinking of making a brew with 125g of B. Caapi and 30g of M. Hostillis(root bark) and taking it as one dose. Is this too high of a dose?

You're gonna get knocked on your ass. I'd start with 75g caapi, 12 mimosa.

swilow said:
The fear, if it arises, is the Pure Fear of utter loss; but to lose something, it must already been in ones possesion, and nothing in life can really be thought about personally, when you consider that nothing has any meaning beyond what human language struggles to name. What is the worst that could happen? You won't die. But you also won't be you, and as the egoic-perspective of our culture suggest that the ego is the reality, the feeling of egolessness is equated with death. But if the ego is a falsehood, so is the fear, and can be discarded at will. The inner Observer is never afraid.

exactly! its so dificult to understand at first, but realy what hes talking about here, if lived by a person, is the most usefull peice of information. ponder this, fill in the rest of the peices of the thought and you will have a circle of truth that becomes this thing in your life that you can throw anything at and come out with a good choice on.

let the inner observer walk the earth, let the jailers absence be his key ;)

oh and to the person with the deep trip: you were talking about how peoples behavior is way out of line with what people would be doing if they knew the truth.
do you believe your own behavior is out of line with what you now know your behavior should be?
cognative dissonance is a bitch, and remember you cant change other people
Good luck for the rest of your days, something amazing can come out of this believe me!

edit: i just had the best idea ever. has anyone ever tried taking a car lighter and puting a hit of deemsters on it then reallll fast put a waterbottle over it with a carb burned in at the top (bottom of the bottle). then when its all evaporated take one monster hit from the bottle! or even better if you had three cars and did one hit in each bottle all ready at the propor times. gotta try this!!!

Last edited:
my friend ;) ended up just smoking the DMT resin tonight mixed with b caapi leaves and some good cannabis indica. It is a very nice smoking mixture, one medium hit seems equivalent to 20mg of DMT.

I rolled the resin around with a thin nail the powdered b caapi leaves and powdered cannabis. It formed a clumpy ball that weighed about 2 grams I think.

It is a very enjoyable way to smoke DMT. I highly recommend it. It slows the DMT flash down quite a bit. I haven't yet tried to breakthrough with it, but I think I could do it (three tokes).

Theoretically the MAOI should potentiate the DMT a bit so you may need to smoke less DMT than you would without the MAOI.

peace and happy exploring,
samadhi

Status
Not open for further replies.