Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would probably be too high of a dose
I usually use around 14 grams of mhrb
I don't use caapi so I don't know if that's a good dose or not

Well I tried the DMT last night, and.... it did jack diddilly shite :( . I came in a bit pissed (well a lot pissed, evil stuff alcohol :s), and decided to crack out the DMT. Split what I had into 5 piles (250mg was in the bag), made a little foil cup, placed 50mg into the cup then heated the bottom of the foil and sucked through the tube of a pen. Nothing. Well not nothing, there was a strange, slightly euphoric feeling, and a small visual change, but apart from that, nothing. I proceded to load another 25mg (just in case I lost a lot in the burning process), and still nothing.

Not quite sure why I got little out of it... Been considering it, and at the time I was considerablly pissed, I'd had a small amount of GBL (most probably out of my system by then), and had kratom in my system (then again I always have kratom in my system; intentional addict). All that, and I take 45mg of mirtazapine, 200mg of 5htp, 500mg of rhodiola rosea extract, and 1800mg of oxiracetam a day (the oxi is only a recent thing).

Now I know antidepressants can effect psychedelics, but they surely they shouldn't blunt them out completely? All together I must have smoked at least 70mg. Perhaps it is all the prescribed and self prescribed medication I'm on, perhaps the alcohol blunted the effects and perhaps my method of smoking was flawed, but surely I should have got something out of it?

Ooo as a side note, it really smelt and tasted a lot better than I thought it would, not quite sure why as it is definitely a chemically sort of taste? I actually ended up smelling the pen tube I smoked it through when I woke up this morning lol

GBL and alcohol will dull the experience, probably, and I wouldn't recommend the combo ... too easy for shit to get crazy/chaotic, or maybe just subdued and soporific and intellectually sterile ...

mirtazepine could be the culprit

or maybe your technique needs a little work. Smoking things off foil takes a little bit of practice. I learned *ahem* with some *cough* other things than DMT so ... yeah ...

SomeKindaLove said:
GBL and alcohol will dull the experience, probably, and I wouldn't recommend the combo ... too easy for shit to get crazy/chaotic, or maybe just subdued and soporific and intellectually sterile ...

mirtazepine could be the culprit

or maybe your technique needs a little work. Smoking things off foil takes a little bit of practice. I learned *ahem* with some *cough* other things than DMT so ... yeah ...

Even with all those factors going against me, surely I should have got something out of it?

To make matters worse, I must have knocked most of the DMT off the book I put it on so I could split it up, there must be 70mg at best left :X

well try it without alcohol or G in your system. Personal experience, combining it with alcohol is NOT GOOD. I had a very physically uncomfortable and mentally stressful trip (without any of the beautiful visuals, etc).

on mirtazapine and alcohol together i used to be so out of it nothing was real and i couldn't even move let alone feel much...

Piracetam seems to block DMT's fx... Perhaps oxiracetam functions in the same way? If I were you, I'd stop all other drugs/supplements for a day or two before you get spicy.

My first DMT experience happened 30 seconds after all my naptha evaporated =D I made a coke can pipe, tossed a bit of mullein soaked in DMT freebase oil into the bowl and toked away. I didn't break through, though. I wish I had - break throughs are so much more pleasant and theraputic. Good luck in your travels, I Crash Here and Neil Cassady!

<3

really piracetam blocks DMT for you? It potentiates it for me, but in sort of a crazy way. I had one of the most intense DMT trips of my life on some piracetam and about 25mg of DMT! I basically fell/collapsed to the grass and writhed in full tripping brilliance for a few minutes with entities talking to me and visuals covering everything.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it though...it was very hectic and crazy feeling (although I don't regret it).

I wasn't speaking from experience, as I don't really want to take that plunge yet... Others have reported this, though I'll need to do some searching to find those anecdotal reports.

<3

nanobrain has reported something like what you said (although I don't think he said blocks the effects). But nanobrains biochemistry is um...hmm....different.

I haven't done a DMT trip yet. But I was wondering if it is possible you start screaming or talking (or anything that will draw the neighbor his attention) without being aware of it? Or can you perfectly control what's happing 'outside the trip'? What about walking around without giving deliberately instructions?

Perhaps it's better to know nothing can happen outside the trip if you live on the 10th floor surrounded by irritating neighbors. I probably will change the setting and find some trip-sitters. Nonetheless, it might be informative to know what can go wrong :)

Anyway, I probably won't feel a lot since I'll be doing low doses the first time.

writhing around on the floor, yelling, crashing into walls, knocking over chairs, breaking glass, chanting, prostrating, yoga, vomiting and pissing on self, crying uncontrollably, moaning, orgasming, singing, dancing have all happened to me on psychedelic trips without specifically telling myself to do so.

sounds like a trip sitter your first time will alleviate a lot of your worries. I'd say if you're worried about controlling yourself now then a trip sitter would be very smart for you.

Control is really just an illusion. Of course we don't have full control over ourselves. It is why the edge of a cliff scares so many of us (we are afraid of throwing ourselves over).

sorry for the somewhat morbid tone of this post,
samadhi

samadhi_smiles said:
writhing around on the floor, yelling, crashing into walls, knocking over chairs, breaking glass, chanting, prostrating, yoga, vomiting and pissing on self, crying uncontrollably, moaning, orgasming, singing, dancing have all happened to me on psychedelic trips without specifically telling myself to do so.

i'd say if it didn't all occur simultaneously (if there is such a thing as time) then it's all good :)

curlywizard, absolutely. it will work wonderfully!

My body just sits there, very happily, when I smoke DMT =D

The old version of this thread was overgrown, so it's been archived and this new one created from the last couple of pages of posts.

a friend has some mimosa DMT resin, its mainly xtals but a bit of it is that orangey resin stuff. He wonders if he can just smoke that straight in a pipe (maybe infuse it onto b caapi leaves)? Is it too strong tasting smoke (burning throat?) or will it be fine?

samadhi_smiles said:
a friend has some mimosa DMT resin, its mainly xtals but a bit of it is that orangey resin stuff. He wonders if he can just smoke that straight in a pipe (maybe infuse it onto b caapi leaves)? Is it too strong tasting smoke (burning throat?) or will it be fine?
just swirl alil naphtha in and do a freeze precipt for like 20mins and smoke the crystals thatc ome out. orange goo is not good to smoke, it is harsh and coats your mouth is a nasty taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.