• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy Basic LSD Questions Thread - The Fourth Iteration

Hey I'm considering dropping acid for the first time and am too bumfuck lazy to search around so I thought I'd ask here... Whats the deal with flashbacks?what can I expect in terms of them for the first few weeks after the trip? Can doing one hit of acid guarantee flashbacks for the rest of your life? If not then how much acid would one need to take to get to the point of those 60-year old ex hippies who still get flashbacks? Would lots of moderate doses have the same effect as a few big doses ect ect.

Basically I'm completely clueless, halp!

Most people hardly ever get flashbacks. Anyway flashbacks are not something that are caused by the drug itself. Flashbacks are caused by experiences so intense that your mind can't begin to comprehend them. You know, like war veterans getting flashbacks of the war, without ever taking any sort of psychedelic drug.

LSD is one of the safest substances ever developed by man. If you use it responsibly that is.

However: be prepared for your world view to be permanently altered. After your first trip you will never be the same, there's no going back to ignorance. This is usually a positive thing though.

Why/how would this effect me? I assumed since they're low doses, and my body is used to them, it would be no issue?

As long as the klonopin is not at a dose that will fuck you up, it shouldn't reduce the intensity of it at all. At most it will dull it a little. As far as the adderal, i would skip it the day or night you trip...

LSD is energetic enough as it is, and focusing shouldn't be the highest thing on your list of priorities while tripping, generally speed and LSD don't mix....

I dont think im gunna make a new thread ' so ill just post here.
yesterday i dropped 3 tabs a normal dose of my own stuff im used too.
i dropp at least once every 2 or 3 weeks..
i had a hell of a good time. too good.
now i feel kinda emotionally unstable and i guess im kind of despressed or disappointed in myself
for allowing myself to binge on oc/benzos as much as i was. and get addicted and physically and slightly mentally unhealthy,
i swore i wouldent pick it up again, and im not.
ive kept my use to a min with friends, alot of them even the ones who shouldn't be worried, were about me.

i dont really wanna fry either for a really long time and i think im gonna barely smoke weed.
i guess im not satisfied at all with where im at in life and am finally making a change.

anyone experience this?
or i guess the better question is, has lsd changed your perspective and values so much it caused you to have a experience close?

I haven't done lsd yet, but I had a somewhat similar experience with 2ci

2 years ago I basically would try whatever my friend could get me, at the time that was pretty much just pills (oc, ritalin, adderall, xanax.....and I was considering trying coke). My first psych experience with 2ci made me realize how stupid I was to be fucking with that stuff......and I haven't really messed with pills or any "hard" drugs since then (aside from vicodin once or twice). 2c-i also made it pretty easy for me to cut back on weed. Since I've tripped a few times now, I easily go weeks or months without smoking.

I've also had trips that made me want to change things in my life (aside from drug use).....but I realized that the psychedelic doesnt make a difference, it's all about what I choose to do.....and well I've decided to not change things.

EDIT: and it might not be a popular opinion on a drug forum, but pills are fucking garbage. Nothing good comes from that shit. Personally I would just drop it all together

Last edited:
^^act on your feelings...

your realizing you need to slow down or stop using oc and benzos...

consider it a positive thing, LSD can only show you the path, your the one who has to put forward the effort in following it to change your life.

I had a life changing experience with my first acid trip, i realized that i have so very much to live and be happy for that it pretty much killed the depression i had been living through for the last few years.... Life is beautiful, cherish every day you have.

All in all it made me a much more optimistic individual, life went from being one monotonous boring day after another until i die to something much more happy. I started to enjoy my life from that day. My first thought after walking out of my friends house the morning after the trip was "life is wonderful". It was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life and i will never forget it, going on about two and a half years since that day and if i look back on it, i still find myself fighting back tears....

My advice is to take some time off from the drugs, and take some time to sort out your life. Make positive changes in your life, you will be happier in the end because of it...

Thanks alot for the replys guys

If anything i have learned soooo much from everything ive done
i cant begin to imagine how much ive learned from myself through lsd
but even now i see its not soo much about doing it but yea acting on it.

to do it as often as i was i realize even once a month isn't enough time to get your head
together and actually learn to the full extent of every experience.

I figure i have alot of sorting to do and so im pushing everything aside so i can
stop and smell the roses for once in a few years.

once again thanks for the replys. =]

Something similar happened to me. I was doing a lot of weird pills (mostly oxy and Dexedrine) that either I or my friends could cheek or take from our parents, grandparents, or whoever. Also doing a bit of coke and smoking weed whenever I could afford it. Anyways, I was fairly experienced with psychedelics having tripped a few times before.
Anyways, I got an LSD connection. I bought 10 hits, planning on doing them with 2 of my friends. But given my tendancy to take whatevers in front of me, I eneded up taking 2 of them to 'test the potency'. The tabs weren't that strong, so I decided to pop 2 more. Given how time distorts on LSD... about 20 minutes later I ended up popping 3 more thinking this stuff was awful. This was a mistake. However one I learned from. This was 3 months ago and since then I haven't touched DXM, coke, oxycodone, or any psychedelic since. I've done dexedrine twwice since then, but o big deal. Fortunately I didn't fry myself (especially considering all the high doses of DXM I had done). And only now do I feel ready to trip again.

Not sure if this is allowed or if there's a different thread for this

But have any of you guys had the 1906-2008 hoffman bicycle blotters with ohm on the back?

LSD is definately moving my drug-related opinions back to where I was when I first discovered Bluelight, as a nieve, casual cannabis/MDMA-only user.

I lightly sampled the whole gamut, but after a few years had an on/off Oxy run; after that any/all drugs were always about addiction, never mere recreation or self-improvement.

While it may be slightly aggravating to suddenly lose interest in / view from a different perspective your personal addictions/habits/lifestyle (drug related+unrelated), losing your existing comfort zone with your personal status quo, its really hard to argue that such fresh perspectives / self-criticisms are anything but good so long as they lead you a healthier life or to examine things you normally take for granted.

Like anything else, tho, there's only so many lessons you can learn the same way before turning progess into burnout/addiction ... my initial fond&euphoric MDMA days were comparably life-changing, but I saw it destroy several friends, and when I (twice) stopped treating MDMA as a moderated, revered substance and instead only as 'pills' I soon lost the magic as well.

Even as someone who takes it easy these days, having more Acid than I need at once is invitation enough to overdo it .. Addiction in general is harder to kill the longer it lives, but if you can use one drug against the others its safe to say you've come out on top :)

Hey, I got hold of some acid recently, it was sold on rowntrees fruit pastels (chewy sweets covered in sugar, the sugar absorbs the liquid) which where then wrapped in clingfilm to transport it. I'd like to know if the LSD could degrade under, or react with the clingfilm (I know jack shit about chemistry and thought that the 'acid' might actually dissolve the plastic). Anyone got any clue? I assume since clingfilm is used to wrap food and must be fairly chemically stable and harmless but would something as complicated as LSD damage it or be contaminated by it?

Acid isn't actually an acid as such - more just a slang term. From my very limited chemistry "knowledge" anyway - could be wrong on that but it won't eat through the cling film either way. Should be fine in film but I wouldn't store it longterm like that. I suspect you aren't planning to store it longterm so shouldn't be a problem at all :)

Ideally acid likes dark, cold, dry conditions so best to keep it as close to that as possible but in the short-term it's a tougher lil blighter than it gets credit for and will survive most conditions within reason :)

Well it's actually an carboxylic amide, but it has a basic nitrogen, so it'll form a salt with an acid, hence LSD tartrate (isn't organic chemistry just a barrel of laughs? =D)

Well it's actually an carboxylic amide, but it has a basic nitrogen, so it'll form a salt with an acid, hence LSD tartrate (isn't organic chemistry just a barrel of laughs? =D)

Organic chem is certainly more fun than other aspects of chemistry (orbitals, quantum mechanics, et al.), I must say. And of course, as Shamblerson points out, the practical applications of it can be quite delicious. :D

Most people hardly ever get flashbacks. Anyway flashbacks are not something that are caused by the drug itself. Flashbacks are caused by experiences so intense that your mind can't begin to comprehend them. You know, like war veterans getting flashbacks of the war, without ever taking any sort of psychedelic drug.

LSD is one of the safest substances ever developed by man. If you use it responsibly that is.

However: be prepared for your world view to be permanently altered. After your first trip you will never be the same, there's no going back to ignorance. This is usually a positive thing though.

This guys is definately speaking the truth. if you watch pink floyd the wall on your fist trip it will enlighten you so much. my mate cried about the beuty that he was always so blind to and all I wanted to do was live in the middle of the bush with a lifetime supply of it.

You will question everything but if you search hard enough you will find the answers.

This guys is definately speaking the truth. if you watch pink floyd the wall on your fist trip it will enlighten you so much. my mate cried about the beuty that he was always so blind to and all I wanted to do was live in the middle of the bush with a lifetime supply of it.

You will question everything but if you search hard enough you will find the answers.

that movie was a headfuck sober....

it was just so fucking dark, i don't think a lot of people would enjoy it tripping on acid for the first time....

You want to cry from the beauty of it all? Go for a walk on a beautiful spring day, or at night time under a clear sky and a bright moon....