Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom - First time - Another Opiate To Try

I am shpongled

Bluelighter
After researching it a bit on the internet, I purchased an ounce of Kratom from a popular online vendor.

To my surprise, the powder turned out to be the driest substance I've ever seen. You'd consume more moisture by eating your own hair. If you were to eat this shit straight up, it would expand in your stomach and you'd explode. It's drier than talcum powder.

The instructions called for straining it through cheesecloth or something, but being the lazy ass that I am, I just poured 14 grams of it into a glass of piping hot water and stirred vigorously.

Kratom smells terrible, kind of like lawn clippings. Its texture reminds me of the muddy crap on the bottom of a lake. It tends to settle into layers, with the nastiest brown crap being on the bottom. Again, it's dry; there's no way you can add enough water to make this into a drink and not a meal.

And it tastes God awful. It's extremely bitter, like most other opiates. Perhaps if you mixed an opiate with dirt and grass from your lawn, you'd understand what Kratom tastes like. It makes your mouth a little numb.

After consuming this poisonous brew, I experienced some nausea, which was certainly due to the taste. This subsided quickly.

By T+20 minutes, I was feeling the effects start to come on. This was different from a normal opiate come-up; the physical manifestations of the high were not yet apparent. I just found myself smiling and being happy for no reason.

By T+1 hour, it felt very obviously like an opiate. It's warm and cozy, and feels a lot like 20-30mg of hydrocodone. In fact, it would be hard for me to differentiate between the two drugs. I have no clue what Kratom may do for pain relief, however.

By T+3 hours, the good feelings were starting to wear off. However, I was far from baseline. I felt agitated, slightly nauseous, and I may have had a headache. My friends seemed to talk a mile a minute about total nonsense, which was annoying me greatly. I lay down and simple wanted to sleep.

For the next five hours, I felt fuzzy and a bit drugged out. Once I got away from the babbling of my idiot friends, lying down and closing my eyes felt very good, and I could still feel some lingering sensations of opiation. I had pinpoint pupils until the next day, enough for my girlfriend to comment on who had no idea I was on Kratom.

At T+5 hours, I tried eating some pizza, but got a vicious wave of nausea. This is very extreme for me, as I have never thrown up from drugs or alcohol in my life. If someone had merely tapped me on the back, I would have projectile vomited all of the pizzeria patrons; this was the closest I have ever come to throwing up from a drug. I had to utilize all of my brainpower into not throwing up. Once it passed, I felt better for the rest of the night.

Kratom was a positive experience. I'd recommend it to any fan of opiates that can withstand some nausea. The high felt incredibly good for being a legal drug. It only cost me $5 plus shipping to have a day-long opiate high.

I put the rest of my Kratom in coffee filters and poured hot water over them. The result is a foul tasting liter of tea that will probably get me just as high. I recommend this method unless you like mowing your lawn with your teeth.

substancecode_kratom
methodcode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
If you needed half an oz of kratom to get high, you have low quality kratom. It wasn't the taste that made you nauseous - it was the volume of plant material. Kratom leaf is rough on the stomach. I think you would appreciate a high quality Bali (kratom varieties are often the region they come from). Bali is more sedating, Malaysian is more energizing. PM me for more info

;)=D8o

Hey man, welcome to the world of kratom. Be careful and have fun. :) It's true, that a half ounce of kratom is a very high dose, especially for the first time. No wonder you got nauseous and it lasted a day. Kratom ordinarily lasts a few hours and is much more energizing. Try half that amount next time and see, and if it doesn't do much, you need to find a better source for kratom.

psychedelicious said:
Kratom leaf is rough on the stomach. I think you would appreciate a high quality Bali (kratom varieties are often the region they come from). Bali is more sedating, Malaysian is more energizing.

How about New Guinea? A site I frequent is offering 20x extract from this region.

Never heard of a New Guinea variety. Extracts are unfulfilling, anyways - very few capture all the alkaloids, which synergize to create something very nice. I prefer high-quality Bali, as it is usually cheaper, and gives me this weed+opioid high. Super nice. Who needs energizing kratom when you can get sedated?

I like the extracts, but the thing is you need to take loads of them (compared to how the strength is supposed to be), and even then it just captures the more refined, opiate qualities. Kratom has effects beyond those of a simple opiate, and the extracts just seem to miss those parts. The 10x extract from a popular kratom site takes me 4-6 grams to really get to a strong level of effects, but if I took 40-60 grams of kratom leaf I would regret it horribly due to the overwhelming nature of the resulting experience.

About 5g of the strain I'm playing with is the right dose for me; I cant even imagine 1/2 oz. Distinct effects and no nausea;)

i have a website where i can choose the dried product in diff weight or i can buy the extract resin. the resin is pitch black an i was thinking of getting a 100 grams for.....can't say right?

I recommend getting leaf, not extract/resins. Not that the extracts don't work, but they're not a very good deal. But yeah, don't discuss sources or prices or anything like that. :)

yeah, the first time last night I took kratom and did not puke! This was my fourth try with it and the last bit in my batch. I thought it was my fault for taking it with food in my stomach the other times, but lo and behold I think I was just taking too much. I took 5 grams last night and it was PERFECT. Opiated, itchy, buzzy, but not pukey! :)

So definitely start low with it, you don't need a lot of it to get good effects.

^5g is the mark for me as well, more and I get pretty serious nausea

A few days ago I drank that tea. Once again, I was high as a kite all day, probably because I used around the same amount. The rush lasted awhile too, longer than most other opiates. I did not feel any stimulating effects. This time around I had a little stomach pains but no nausea, and I was somehow able to eat dinner.

Very nice! Can't wait to buy more!

I tried kratom recently too. Enjoyed it quite a bit! I think you kinda have to take a lot to get strong effects, or maybe i just took too little (4 grams, I'm 94 lbs). It's got a really friendly feeling to it, very natural.

I must be one of the few who don't get nausea from kratom. I even had it after consuming sausages and coffee, and I felt fine.

^^ A few things:

• 4 grams might be a little low, depending on the quality of your kratom
  • Food in the stomach prevents it from affecting you at full strength... an empty stomach is best. After it starts affecting you you can eat though (in fact I enjoy doing it this way - kratom makes me love to eat)
  • I find caffeine, especially coffee, to actually reduce the nausea and dizziness that can come from too much kratom... it's my way of dealing with having too much of it. They combine well, but I like to have the coffee after the kratom has started to wind down a little because it reduces the opiate sedation aspect of kratom
  • If you find the right dose you should be able to get strong effects with no nausea. Unless you do it too often and your tolerance raises, then you will probably require a nauseating dose to get full effects.
  • Kratom is very easy to start doing every day, be careful

I've been dabbling around with powder finding a strong dose at 2.5-4g but it only lasts like 3 hours. next time I will try 5g and mix it in yogurt because I would just spoon it into a cup and pour tap water over it and chug it down. so nasty.

I made tea from 2.5 grams of dried Bali Kratom leaf yesterday and I have to agree that it's a very nice opiate, also I left the tea in a teaholder to soak the Kratom in my hot water constantly and ate about half a gram of wet powder from my holding device.

I felt a tiny bit of nausea at the comeup but that faded away quickly and was replaced by a stimulant-like rush and a big smile because of the europhia in my body =)
Going to try it sometime again definatly :)