Creatine

AuraithX

Bluelighter
I've been posting on bodybuilder.com trying to get answers but they're all useless! So I've come to bl once again :D

I just bought 1.2k Creatine Monohydrate.

How much should I dose per day?
Should I only dose pre/post workout?
Will I still gain (all the) weight even if I don't drink the 8 recommended pints?
If no to above - will I still get all the energy boost/etc or does it need to water to absorb properly into the muscles?

Thanks, :)

around 5g a day is best. pre/post workout is usual good as nutrients are more readily pushed to the muscles at this time.

As for the water I don't really know- but drinking 6-8 pints a day is good practice anyways.

water weight and stretch marks are cool guys 2 bad if ur not stretching a decent amount their not gonna be chilling with Flexibility.

A gallon of water a day, and 5 grams post is good. This water intake should be done REGARDLESS of creatine or not, it's just good to keep the body hydrated so it stays anabolic.

Unless you eat alot of beef or use steroids, because both create high creatine concentrations in the body. That's part of the reason why the bodybuilding industry pushes the clean/low-fat diet so they can get you to take aminos, efa's and creatine supps that could be obtained by consumed beef instead. but noooo clean carbs(that make you fat) are good and saturated fats which supposedly kill us within years even though my grandpa ate beef daily until the age of 82 when he died (of lung cancer) are baaaaaaad for energy.

go ketogenic dude.

Of everything that comes with fitness and bodybuilding, drinking AT LEAST a gallon of water a day is the most difficult. Pissing every 20 minutes all day every day sucks balls. But we gotta do what we gotta do...geez I sound like Gregg Valentino.

5g post workout. Be sure to take the creatine with your post-workout protein shake. I'll dig up the info but something with whey protein and creatine being better than taken creatine alone.

AuraithX said:
I've been posting on bodybuilder.com trying to get answers but they're all useless! So I've come to bl once again :D

I just bought 1.2k Creatine Monohydrate.

How much should I dose per day?
Should I only dose pre/post workout?
Will I still gain (all the) weight even if I don't drink the 8 recommended pints?
If no to above - will I still get all the energy boost/etc or does it need to water to absorb properly into the muscles?

Thanks, :)

- 5 grams daily (Some people will say to load with 10-20grams a day, That is a lie and a scam for you to use more product.

- You can take it any time in the day, Make sure if you are using L-Glutamine to take them atleast 2 hours seperate because they use the same receptors and can void one another out. I take 5 grams of creatine when i wake up and it works perfect. A while ago i did 5 grams after a workout and it was just as effective.

If you plan on not getting enough water you are ridiculous. Proper hydration is necessary for muscular development and you need more water while supplementing creatine as it hydrates your muscles.

Now im not specifically sure if the water is required to increase your ATP production through to ADP to ATP process but you should get it anyway as you can receive cramps and dehyration through improper hydration. That is genuinely the only way creatine can also be detrimental to your health if you aren't getting enough water as it will strain your kidneys.

Hope I helped

and BTW its not an "energy" boost technically (not like caffeine) its assists in the conversion of ADP to ATP which is a form energy used by muscles allowing you to push out those extra few reps which will help your strength increase.

EDIT: drink minimum 3 litres of water a day... Maximum 5 litres

Make sure if you are using L-Glutamine to take them atleast 2 hours seperate because they use the same receptors and can void one another out.

nonsense

aanallein said:
I'm not particularly if its 100% but it is definately plausible if you dont go in depth to research the method of absorbtion and receptors and that Which I haven't I've just seen that said on a creatine information site. I would do it anyway to make sure. Its not a huge deal... Because I take my creatine when i wake up (all 5 grams) and then I'm only using my tub of L-Glutamine for when i cut (and thats the last of glutamine because it isn't near beneficial for the price plus ill have be getting Purple Wraath by controlled labs off of bb.com which is fairly cheap on bb.com and is one of the top BCAA supplements on the market)

I agree, creatine didn't do much for me, other than make it harder for me to really break down the muscle tissue to where I felt I was getting a good workout. Made me feel numb pretty much, like being on opiates or something. :\

Joeof1 said:
I agree, creatine didn't do much for me, other than make it harder for me to really break down the muscle tissue to where I felt I was getting a good workout. Made me feel numb pretty much, like being on opiates or something. :\

Check out what I said in the HGH Thread about creatine non responders and what it actually said..

fukhed14 said:
Fuck creatine. Eat steak.

8 oz steak = appx 1 gram of creatine

Eat steak if you wanna eat at least 40oz per day. Cholesterol & sat. fat makes this not a reasonable option but an unhealthy one too.

steak is too expensive and heavy.. I'll take my 6grams creatine post workout and stick to chicken.

You are supposed to do it in cycles, from what I understand. 1 week loading phase 20grams a day. (Take 5g four times a day) Then 1-4 months of just 5 grams a day (anytime but post workout is best). Then 1 week off and the cycle is complete.

I'm not a professional bodybuilder (far from it) but I have been asking a lot of questions recently and doing a lot of research. I have started to see some results from my own workouts.

Working out is only a fraction of building muscle. Your muscles can't grow if they aren't getting what they need. You need to be drinking enough water, getting enough protein, getting enough sleep at night. And most of all you need to maintain an excess calorie surplus every day.

Bingalpaws told me about a great website where you can calculate your calorie and protein etc etc intake. www.fitday.com.

Btw creatine doesn't give you an energy boost or make you gain weight. It increases protein uptake by muscles and helps them to recover faster. (I think)

You'll gain weight using creatine. Weigh yourself on Day 1 & Day 30...it'll be up.

Hate to be the bubble burster here but the weight won't be gained in lean body mass but only in water (ie bloated).

you don't have to cycle creatine at all.

i've been taking 6grams a day for 19 months.

5g per day, post-workout in your whey protein shake (I'll also drink a small glass of Kool-aid for the glucose)
No loading phase
No cycling
Stay on forever
Very safe, very studied compound

If after 30 days you haven't noticed an increase in muscle fullness and lbs per lift, then switch to CEE.

I'm not nor have I ever claimed to be a CEE expert. Maybe someone else is.