Creatine

I just got a good creatine supplement, and whey protein isolate for post workout. So what I should do is just drink the protein isolate and creatine together post work out?

Yup. Maybe add some sugar (20-30g). I had a pro bber tell me that using warm water would help absorbtion- but Im a little skeptical.

Isn't pre/postload not something that marketing people invented for getting more out of it?

Short answer yes. Most people who've done it both ways say they noticed the same effects whether they went through the loading phase or not.

And I believe there is a study somewhere showing that creatine levels were the same at 30 days for the group that went through the loading phase and those who didn't. Lemme see what I can find.

Tetrahydra420 said:
I just got a good creatine supplement, and whey protein isolate for post workout. So what I should do is just drink the protein isolate and creatine together post work out?

Yeah Whey is PWO protein as its absorbed fast (within 30 minutes).

Creatine take 5 grams daily anytime of day.

Simple Sugars can help up absorbtion of creatine so like have ur creatine with a glass of grape juice. I just throw the scoop of 5 grams on my tounge and then chug water and then go eat some strawberries or an apple. Or possibly have a glass of orange juice.

I'd say get some Dextrose or Wazy Maize Starch (sp?) that way you have some good fast digesting carbs to create an insulin spike PWO and that along with the creatine would be awesome.

err u guys are saying take 5grams ok if u read for example a bottle of cell-tech hardcore 1 scoop is 50grams.. So you guys must be taking tea-spoons of creatine.. and wat it reads on the lable for loading stage is take 2 servings one when u wake up and next one after your workout.. so u guys saying 5grams is wrong.. 1 scoop = 50grams :/

^If there's 50g of creatine in that overpriced bullshit then you're pissing even more money away.

And there's a reason everyone has been saying 5 grams...CAUSE IT'S TRUE!!

"Gain up to 7 pounds in 7 days with Cell-Tech Hardcore!"

HA!

He's even more of a dingus than I thought. Theres only 10g of "Crea-Edge" Hardcore Creatine Matrix in each 100g serving (2x50g scoops). And even some of that is AAKG.... I just had to look....

Take your creatine with your whey protein;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11591884

Our purpose was to assess muscular adaptations during 6 weeks of resistance training in 36 males randomly assigned to supplementation with whey protein (W; 1.2 g/kg/day), whey protein and creatine monohydrate (WC; 0.1 g/kg/day), or placebo (P; 1.2 g/kg/day maltodextrin). Measures included lean tissue mass by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry, bench press and squat strength (1-repetition maximum), and knee extension/flexion peak torque. Lean tissue mass increased to a greater extent with training in WC compared to the other groups, and in the W compared to the P group (p < .05). Bench press strength increased to a greater extent for WC compared to W and P (p < .05). Knee extension peak torque increased with training for WC and W (p < .05), but not for P. All other measures increased to a similar extent across groups. Continued training without supplementation for an additional 6 weeks resulted in maintenance of strength and lean tissue mass in all groups. Males that supplemented with whey protein while resistance training demonstrated greater improvement in knee extension peak torque and lean tissue mass than males engaged in training alone. Males that supplemented with a combination of whey protein and creatine had greater increases in lean tissue mass and bench press than those who supplemented with only whey protein or placebo. However, not all strength measures were improved with supplementation, since subjects who supplemented with creatine and/or whey protein had similar increases in squat strength and knee flexion peak torque compared to subjects who received placebo.

Last edited: