• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Are we old fuddy duddies?

lil angel15 said:
Because that is the problem, it doesn't just make that individual poster look like a tosser, it does indeed make a mockery of the whole forum.

That is your opinion, I totally disagree. And even if you were right, every single post that is the least bit inflammatory, such as the attack on DQ in the "bluelighters you miss" thread, would have to be removed . It wasn't.

There are observations Aus Social are fuddy duddies. Yes, IMO Aus Social is disappointing as it does not reflect what the people who post in here are actually like. Otherwise, its okay if Im bored, like today.

You have a nice clean tidy well run forum, which is actually quite dull most of the time. Well done!

^ I don't quite get what you're saying.

Are you saying that Aus Social should be involved more in harm minimisation, ie. allowing drugs to be more a focal point than purely social posting? If so why? I would think given a number of members have said in this thread and on other occasions that the lack of drug focus is part of the attraction to this forum that this would be strange?

Or acknowledging that it isn't currently, and shouldn't ever - due to the fact that is what the drug specific forums are for - and thereby making several of your own points redundant?

I am going to hazard a guess and say that your post is mainly referencing a personal beef between you and nickyj, and therefore is not really relevant?

From what I've seen, and what this thread states - noone is condemning drug users, ffs, it's BLUELIGHT! I've seen many people post about their drug related issues in Aus social; if someone is posting about their problems to do with drugs, people are extremely supportive, whilst maintaining a hard line on harm minimisation.

Mary Poppins said:
^ I don't quite get what you're saying.

Are you saying that Aus Social should be involved more in harm minimisation, ie. allowing drugs to be more a focal point than purely social posting? If so why? I would think given a number of members have said in this thread and on other occasions that the lack of drug focus is part of the attraction to this forum that this would be strange?

Or acknowledging that it isn't currently, and shouldn't ever - due to the fact that is what the drug specific forums are for - and thereby making several of your own points redundant?

I am going to hazard a guess and say that your post is mainly referencing a personal beef between you and nickyj, and therefore is not really relevant?

From what I've seen, and what this thread states - noone is condemning drug users, ffs, it's BLUELIGHT! I've seen many people post about their drug related issues in Aus social; if someone is posting about their problems to do with drugs, people are extremely supportive, whilst maintaining a hard line on harm minimisation.

I was addressing infinite jest's bringing harm minimisation into this topic. If you don't get it, stiff shit MP. I cant be bothered explaining my opinion to you. Just skip it.

Also: don't hazard a guess about things you are not involved in- how would you know about a "beef " between nickyj and I? I sure as hell have not discussed anything- let alone nickyj- with you. Case in point.

^what does your current reflection say about you?

im not asking in a bitchy manner, but am curious as to what can YOU can contribute to make a change? you have heaps of great ideas and want to spice this place up and shake its foundations, what do YOU have in mind to achieve the change you wish to see?

if we ALL accept accountability for the lameness of the forum we can ALL work to improve it; awesome posts/threads just dont appear.

ive always considered youre personality to be of great value to both the lounge and here; this place needs you and your larger than life personality; its unique and admirable. dont grow cold.

...kytnism...:|

Hoptis raised an astute point regarding the type of users coming to Social these days and the demise of the rave scene.

Also consider the fact that most regulars (that's you) are here 24/7, so the forum might appear 'slow' from your point of view. To someone who's new in the forum, they'll probably find enough to entertain themselves, and might click back 5 pages of threads, while regulars have page 1 on refresh every 5 mins. Regulars and mods tend to get stuck in their own little Social microcosmos.

And if mods are getting frustrated because they're modding too much and taking out too much crap, you guys are running the risk of getting too close for comfort. You might be more sensitized to what you deem to be crap when others might not think so. So a mod holiday sounds good, we had ours ;) By the end of it, you bet people will be wishing for some modding.

There're straight forward precepts when posting/modding:

Don't make it personal.
Don't discriminate.
No solicitating of drugs.
Wait 5s (well 3s then), look at what you've written, before hitting POST.

Come on, it's not rocket science. And mods only need to deal with posts that go beyond those criteria. You guys have enough on your hands without having to steer or oversee or act as an arbiter in some political or emotively charged discussion. It's unnecessary stress having to act as some neutral party all the time.

I also don't think it's the place of the mods to actively 'improve' the quality of the forum to the extent of coming up with 'games' or whatever. Mods might be janitors, but they certainly aren't babysitters, big difference. The forum is organic and constantly changes. Having direct intervention in trying to shape or mould a place like Social or the Lounge is eventually an exercise in futility, it'll only work so much and so long.

There're no boring threads because some of you forget, these threads stay on the front page because other people don't find them boring. If you're bored, start your own interesting and thought provoking thread. Forum-Darwinism will handle the rest.

And remember, Social is well, social. It doesn't serve any purpose that furthers Bluelight's mission beyond providing a proverbial corner pub for everyone to yak. Some might argue that it helps to bolster the spirit of community, but I'm sure each (far more legit) subforum already has its community without the need for Social or Lounge to create more PLUR.

Man, this is the longest post I've typed in years. Talk about becoming an old fuddy duddy.

lil angel15 said:
And with little outburst's like that you wonder why things are moderated....:\

Disagreeing with you is an outburst? Oh. My . fucking. God.

Actually no zephyr, I was not saying that you disagreeing with me was an outburst.

I was referring to one of your many not so pleasant posts towards samadhi.

*edit* removed off-topic content

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about "fuddy duddies", but personally, I'm a bit more serious minded about alot of things...as of late. I respect 'The Lounge' and it's functions (bodily and otherwise), but find it's spilling into areas of 'valid discussion'...I'm an older guy, and I really enjoy and respect the opportunity to read 'worthwhile' information from intelligent people, and contribute what I can as well. This is an amazing medium, I wish there were a geriatric version of Bluelight running on the net...
I'm a drug based being, who for various reasons, has chosen to limit my intake of most...but I really get off on 'open minded' topics that exist here on Bluelight, regardless of geography or demigraphics...it's a beautiful thing and unique in it's existence...

Y, Thank.... You?

zephyre:BB said:

Peep's wanna new Doc Fill?

Looks,
ch'air,
like take it co0ol,

This (s)th'read eeems
a'heap lik'I've
read
before.

Wait til September.

Plus that -
that's Preacha's
month....

BB seems not to like this thread,
so...
why do you post here.

I respect yo' threads/&posts,
but they always seem fill'd wif
beef...

<3 :\ :)

AUS SOCIAL
WON'T EVA DIE
BECAUSE
MAD SIKKK CUNTS
LIKE ME
POST HERE.

An'
alotta stupid posts pass thu
too.

Plus,
SERIOUS,
you
DON'T want
'Da Lounge'
as the
'Only Option'
do you.

If you answer'd 'TALLY'
you are
a) Right.
b) 'TALLY'

Plus as peeps says,
this happens
'r-vr'y 4-6 month.

But it's an example of how much
peeps dig this
FORUM.

No?

PEACE
UnS
party-smiley-042.gif

UnS is making more sense than any of you in this thread.

Just think about that one for a second...

;)

This has somehow developed into one of the best threads I have encountered here in AS for I cant remember how long...............certainly years.

Vurtomatic, Zeph, Kyt, and masonyoung to name some outstanding contributions amonst many others in the past pages alone and UNs on fire also, as if I would expect anything less..

^ :\ If you get past the personal attacks that have had to be unapproved.

It's brought about some good ideas from a couple of members who have taken the time to pm us with them.

Thanks to you who have. :)

What about if the mods did a 48 hour vacation? It has been done before, and as vurt can attest to (hi vurt!) it was an interesting experiment. See what comes about from 48 hours of no moderation. Or even 24.

guys. forget it. you won't achieve anything. Aus Social is stale not because of the quality of posts or the number of posters but rather because it's increasingly irrelevant when it comes to being 'social' on the internet.

Myspace, facebook, blogging et al is where it's 'at' these days. I can chat with 50 of my friends on face book and get connected with them faster and better than on Aus Social where I need to wade through a pile of posts before I even come across one of value.

Also, there's less and less incentive to be bound to a forum like Aus Social. There's a shit load of forums here on Bluelight itself where I can discuss anything and everything. Bluelight has been diluted and now Aus Social offers nothing unique anymore. Other than the fact that we're australians (with the odd Kiwi and Jap), there's nothing here that makes us a community . There's nothing here for people that they can't get anywhere else on the internet.

Sorry , but that's the way the way i see it. Slow but gradual decline despite everyone's best efforts.

In an effort to try and salvage something from this thread, I've removed a fair few posts. Please try and keep the discussion on topic (whatever that is), this is not a thread to air your personal grievances about other members or moderators.

Also: REMINDER: Personal Attacks

Thanks

Yeah everyone, are we old fuck buddies? I am sure we are... lol
Nice little changing of my words there whoever did it ;) :D
You guys gotta get your minds out of the gutter ;)