• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

Meditation sounds great for you. I didn't mention benzos because that can be addictive too, like you said, it's best to stay away. That's what's so alluring about amphetamines, they make you want to function and actually be a part of life. Unlike benzos and opiates where you just want to shut off from reality.

I'm really glad you like your doctor. Good ones are so hard to find! I understand wanting to hold on to someone who has helped you so much.

I just made an appointment today with a neuro-psychiatrist in January. I'm going to talk to him about TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) because he offers that at the place I just started attending and seeing my new therapist. After doing TMS, hopefully I can be done with all prescription medicine.

Meditation sounds great for you. I didn't mention benzos because that can be addictive too, like you said, it's best to stay away. That's what's so alluring about amphetamines, they make you want to function and actually be a part of life. Unlike benzos and opiates where you just want to shut off from reality
Meditation has always been a great resource for me. it's always helped me to stay "somewhat" grounded.

I'm really glad you like your doctor. Good ones are so hard to find! I understand wanting to hold on to someone who has helped you so much.

Yes I love him. It's only taken me going through what seems like a hundred docs to find him, but I'm finally content and feel like I finally have someone I can count on.

I just made an appointment today with a neuro-psychiatrist in January. I'm going to talk to him about TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) because he offers that at the place I just started attending and seeing my new therapist. After doing TMS, hopefully I can be done with all prescription medicine.

What exactly is TMS? You've peaked my curiousity.

Sounds very interesting! Looks as if they'll be using it to treat much more than depression now! Any time you dont have to add another pharmaceutical to the mix is a plus in my book. I'm sure it's a pretty penny, but I'm also sure it's worth it.

It's taken me a LONG time to be able to focus and enjoy the quietness. I have 3 children and silence hasn't been a part of my life in a VERY long time xD I started with guided meditations to keep me focused so that my brain doesn't go off in it's natural direction of EVERYWHERE. I also am very impatient.. And I'm still learning. But I have found it most helpful to me in the evenings because I struggle with sleep (even before the Vyvanse) and meditation quiets my mind and soul enough for me to fall asleep. Try a guided meditation on YouTube and use headphones (they help a lot especially if you have a lot of background noise). If it's something you wish to do anyway. If not, disregard lol

Sounds very interesting! Looks as if they'll be using it to treat much more than depression now! Any time you dont have to add another pharmaceutical to the mix is a plus in my book. I'm sure it's a pretty penny, but I'm also sure it's worth it.

It's taken me a LONG time to be able to focus and enjoy the quietness. I have 3 children and silence hasn't been a part of my life in a VERY long time xD I started with guided meditations to keep me focused so that my brain doesn't go off in it's natural direction of EVERYWHERE. I also am very impatient.. And I'm still learning. But I have found it most helpful to me in the evenings because I struggle with sleep (even before the Vyvanse) and meditation quiets my mind and soul enough for me to fall asleep. Try a guided meditation on YouTube and use headphones (they help a lot especially if you have a lot of background noise). If it's something you wish to do anyway. If not, disregard lol

I will give the videos a try, thank you! It could help with my insomnia as well.

I wish you the best with your treatment and enjoy the holiday with your children. :)

I hope that you've tried the videos and they've helped you.

I do have a question for others who take Vyvanse, or for anyone more experienced with amphetamines than I. I am trying to skip days and I'm still taking around 30 mgs (although it's kind of hard to dose just pouring it out of the capsule). I feel that my body is adjusting now, although I still notice that I'll get a little nauseous sometimes. It seems that only happens when I mix it with hot tea though? I'm sure "what" I'm mixing it with shouldn't make much of a difference, but I can't think of anything else that would cause it. I actually vomitted a couple times. Is this normal?

Also, I'm finding it a bit easier to fall asleep in the evenings now because the medication doesn't last near as long anymore. Now this is a good thing in the evenings of course, but I'm a little concerned that my tolerance is going to build up quite fast and I really don't want to keep adding more and more.
Is there anything else i can do to keep my tolerance from building up so fast?

Hope you all had a good holiday :)

Doesn't sound normal to me. All you took with it is tea? And you vomited? Tell your doctor. I'd do so ASAP. Just to be safe.

So the tolerance to "hyper-focus", mood boost, anxiolytic, and pro-social behavior are fine. In essence, you really only need to be concerned about focus/narcolepsy--guessing it's focus. All other positive effects are really just side effects.

But this vomiting is disconcerting. Especially if you just take it with everyday tea.

^ Yes, it wouldn't hurt to mention it to your doctor. How much tea are you taking with it? Is it 2 tea bags or 1?

I remember feeling really nauseas a few times from using 2 tea bags in one cup (8 oz) so it must've been too strong...and that wasn't even with any Vyvanse included.

When it comes to tea and coffee, it's best not to take much of it with amphetamines. Caffeine spikes up the anxiety when taken with amphetamines.

For some reason, it doesn't agree with your body when you mix it with hot tea so try not to do that anymore. Feel better!

Here's more information about caffeine and Vyvanse:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/325501-the-effects-of-caffeine-with-vyvanse-medication-for-add/

Word indeed. But theanine might help to balance things out. It's the main relaxing agent in green/black tea.

Word indeed. But theanine might help to balance things out. It's the main relaxing agent in green/black tea.

Mmmhmm, which is why I have L-theanine capsules now. If L-theanine is taken with coffee (or tea), it takes away the anxiety/jitters associated with caffeine.

In DizzyDawn's case, L-theanine capsules could help, BUT it's probably best to just limit caffeine or completely stay away from it if possible. You do want to be aware of the warning signs if something doesn't agree with you while taking Vyvanse.

Note on vyvanse dose schedule to share with community:

I've been on vyvanse for about a year and am currently prescribed 60mg daily. I have experienced issues with duration of effects only lasting 5 - 7 hours followed by a hard crash. I've been experimenting with different dosing strategies for some time and wanted to share with the community what is working for me.

I am splitting my 60mg vyvanse dose in half using a digital scale to weigh and re-capsule two 30mg doses. I ingest 30mg upon waking and the effects last 3 - 5 hours with the reduced dose. Somewhere between T+3 - 5 hours I ingest the second 30mg. For example, I'll take 30mg at 9am and then another 30mg between 12pm - 2pm.

With this method there is a noticeable return in effects and I am able to cover the entire day more or less as opposed to a large dose of 60mg in the morning, followed by an extended crash.

I've also noticed an increase in the initial side effects almost as if more d-amphetamine is being metabolized. Specifically facial skin drying out and pupil dilation being the most pronounced.

The other thing I have found to be highly effective is taking 30mg pseudoephedrine approximately 2 hours after ingesting vyvanse. For me, it is increasing the physical stimulation nicely without causing unwanted side effects.

I am splitting my 60mg vyvanse dose in half using a digital scale to weigh and re-capsule two 30mg doses. I ingest 30mg upon waking and the effects last 3 - 5 hours with the reduced dose. Somewhere between T+3 - 5 hours I ingest the second 30mg. For example, I'll take 30mg at 9am and then another 30mg between 12pm - 2pm.

With this method there is a noticeable return in effects and I am able to cover the entire day more or less as opposed to a large dose of 60mg in the morning, followed by an extended crash.

Out of curiosity, why not dissolve the contents of your capsule in for example 500ml of water and drink half of it? I'd imagine volumetric dosing is more accurate than weighing small amounts of powder. Definitely less of a hassle at least. Personally, for whatever reason I don't get much effect from taking a second dose of lisdex during the day. I feel like the duration of therapeutic effects is usually long enough, but I have 2x 5mg IR d-amp pills a day as needed if one dose of lisdex isn't adequate. Because it just kind of dumps all the d-amp in a slightly delayed fashion, slightly smoothing out the blood levels towards the end of the effect feels quite helpful. Makes vyvanse/elvanse a little more similar to how for example Concerta works, imo.

It's not too hard to split. I can do it in about 2 minutes now with a digital scale. It is a pain in the ass for sure and there is room for error. I've heard about the volumetric dosing, I guess I just like the fact that I know how much is in each capsule.

I wish I had an IR booster. I've brought it up but it's a no go this far. I agree with you that lisdex sort of just dumps all the D-amp in a delayed manner but I don't feel it after 4 hours. I experience a 2nd noticeable peak if I wait at least 3.5 hours between doses.

I'm experimenting with 9-MBC. It's a potent nootropic stimulant, but no crash like amphetamines. Some people compare it to deprenyl (selegiline) an MAO-B inhibitor. It enhances dopamine and helps focus, energy and thinking clearly. It potently stimulates neuron and neurite growth. It's neuroprotective and can protect the brain and CNS from toxin-induced damage. Long-acting results unlike other nootropics or caffeine that fades quickly. Basically perfect for someone like me who is determined to stay off amphetamines. I'm feeling good.

This is my second day using it. I've read that it takes a few days to really kick in so I'll keep taking 15 to 30 mg daily and see what happens.

I've been taking 9-MBC for a week. Started at 15 mg, then doubled up to 30mg every morning. There is no nasty speedy stim feeling, it's subtle, but my mood is brightened. I can tell it's raising my dopamine. I can appreciate a bright, sunny day instead of feeling miserable about it. So this is good for lifting mood and depression. If anyone tries it, don't expect a "kick", you will start to notice some positive differences in your outlook of the world.

I don't feel a boost in energy. Actually, it seems to make me feel very calm and almost sleepy. That calm feeling might not be the norm though, could just be me. I still take caffeine pills for more energy. My mind is clear, no fog. It doesn't make me hyperfocus on anything, but whatever I set my mind to, I can focus on it well. It's hard to explain, but it's like you can control exactly what you focus on. It doesn't control you. So overall I like it and it gives you a brighter outlook, but it's more subtle than I expected.

It's definitely great for anyone trying to come off of amphetamines and prevent withdrawals. That's not easy at all so it's always helpful to have more options out there.

I take 40 mg Vyvanse a day, for recreational dose i tried 40 mg at 8 a.m. and 160 at 16 pm. That worked very well for me i was super focused and pretty fun, felt smart the whole evening. Couldn't sleep well though, good thing i had zyprexa.

I’m trying Vyvanse again after a long time and a very short history with it. What I want to know from regular Vyvanse users is:
• What hour do you usually take it?
• Have you lost any weight since you began taking it?
• Do you have trouble sleeping?
• Would you use DXM to get to sleep if you didn’t have any Benzos?
Thanks so much!

1. When waking up, or a few hours after.
  2. Not really.
  3. No.
  4. I would try to be active during the day in order to fall asleep more easily. Using other drugs to cope with stimulant side effects always lead to abusive behavior. If you're good with that, I see why not.

Ya, with Vyvanse is takes 3 hours for peak plasma levels are achieved AUC / C-Max...with larger doses of 150mg the C-Max is increased to 4 hours, to 4.5 hours at 200mg (because Trypsin has to cleave the l-lysine off the d-amph molecule)

Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) is metabolized into l-lysine and d-amphetamine which is why it takes 3 hours for peak plasma levels, in addition to a longer duration of action at 13-14 hours in adults. As per Shire, for every 20mg Vyvanse it’s approximately 5.9mg of d-amphetamine base equivalent.

Very smooth gradual onset, 3 hours peak, and lasts 10-14 hours. Goes really well with 1.5 grams of Phenibut as they kick in at the same time and complement each other well. (Like a lame version of Dexamyl lol)

Last edited:
it is simply Dexedrine bound to an amino acid...

with the amino acid it is not psychoactive, meaning it cant be snorted/injected/plugged... only orally works...

The acid in the stomach cleaves off that little amino acid leaving you with Dexedrine...

you can recreate this by crushing up those pills and adding an acid... Muriatic should work well enough although it probably isn't cesareans to have it in those high of concentrations... as long as the acid isnt breaking down the dexedrine i don't see a problem with just using it without diluting it...

basically you reflux the drug in a strong acid...

this can be as simple as mixing the acid and powder in a pyrex dish and leaving it somewhere warm to evaporate or distilling the HCL off if you want to reuse it...

it make take several of these refluxes to completely separate all of the Dexedrine from amino acid...

Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) is a prodrug which metabolizes into d-amphetamine.

Once orally ingested, Lisdexamfetamine is absorbed in your stomach and GI track and the molecule enters your bloodstream. Once in the bloodstream, an enzyme called trypsin cleaves the Lysine amino acid from the amphetamine molecular structure

3 hours after ingesting Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) levels of d-amphetamine are at peak serum levels in your bloodstream and have a duration of action approx 8-10 hours (total duration 10-14 hours), featuring a slow and steady increase of d-amphetamine, then slowly fades away 10 hours later

Dexedrine IR & Spansule XR are vastly superior
Adderall IR / XR beads are also superior to Vyvanse. The 25% levo-amph in Adderall is actually very advantageous to the dextro rotary stereo isomer. It helps the d-amph last longer and increase / release more dopamine in the CNS

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) & Cocaine have a near identical mechanism of action and are very euphoric and effect CNS stimulants

Phenmetrazine was also a heavy hitter, apparently more euphoric than i.v. Methamphetamine (Methedrine/Desoxyn)
Biphetamine 20mg (Black Beauties) were a smash (basically Adderall 75% d / 25% l)
Desbutal (Methamphetamine & Pentobarbital)
Dexamyl (d-amphetamine & Amobarbitol)

In the golden era of pharmaceuticals / 1950’s America they had insane stimulants

Methylphenidate & Phenmetrazine
Benzedrine/Dexedrine/Methedrine
Methedrine 20mg i.v. glass vials for injection
Dexamyl/Desbutal/Biphetamine

Valium (Diazepam) was the reigning supreme Benzodiazepine …..still is today, unmatched benzo, all others trash

Dilaudid & Demerol were the most commonly used euphoric opioids, Dilaudid more of a pure opioid, Demerol like an opioid + Cocaine/Ritalin…..i.v. Vials were a highly sought after item for recreational use