• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

Thanks for the answer, I am already taking daily benzo for insomnia, and I know I won't get a dose upgrade just because I asked for a longer duration ADD med, It was already hard to have my insomnia treated because I do not tolerate sleeping pills other than med-long duration benzo, the short duration make me wake in the middle of the night.

Mabe I will try Vyvanse but only if I find the Dex spansules not effectives they last for 8-10 hours ''theoretically'' instead of an over 12 hour effect
I aldready tried Adderall and never had a crash, usually if I took it at 8am I felt it until 12pm, and it was only 10mg XR but it was the first 2-3 weeks of my trying ADD meds, now that its been 4 months my tolerance is higher.

Depression & Tolerance

Hello All,

This is my first post in this site and first post ever in any kind of thread or website. Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to read this and offer their advice.

I am a 24 year old female and I am in my sixth year of college for my bachelors degree. It's taken me six hard years to finally get my shit together enough to be in my final semester of college. I am expected to graduate in December if I can get a handle on my life enough to finish my current classes. I was prescribed adderall 40mg XR by my family doctor after asking for it because everyone on campus was taking it to focus on school work and I wanted to try it but was to afraid to buy drugs. In high school I made great grades and graduated at the top of my class. When I started college I completely lost all drive and focus. Maybe it was the freedom I all of a sudden had. I didn't have to go to class like I did in high school so I didn't. I lost my scholarships then transferred schools closer back to home. I eventually failed out and had to go to the community college. I finally got my associates degree and then went back to the University to finish my bachelors.

When my doctor prescribed me the adderall it was like everything made sense. It was clear I was struggling with ADHD. I started focusing harder. Things I was learning in class was starting to be so much clearer and I was actually learning the course information and remembering it all. Remembering and retaining the information has always been an issue I've struggled with making test and exams an unpleasant experience. Adderall had solved my problems. I was taking the medicine on school days that I needed to focus. Sometimes every other day and sometimes once a week. (I need to add, adderall made me grind my teeth like a meth addict and made me very feel very embarrassed.)

After a year and a half of taking the Adderall I grew tolerant to it and it wasn't working anymore. I started falling behind again in school and failed more classes. One day a fellow ADHD friend and college student told me about vyvanse and offered to let me try one of hers to see if it helped. She had also been prescribed adderall then made the switch to vyvanse. I tried one of hers and it was amazing! I was more focused and motivated than adderall had ever made me feel! I talked with my doctor and we made the switch to vyvanse 70 Mg. XR. Everything was so much better! My grades were great and I was going to class and was motivated in life as a whole.

This July I took a required organic chemistry summer course so I could graduate this December. I am not book smart and science is my worst subject (I'm a business major). It was everything I could do to get through the course and I barely did. I passed with a grade that was two points above the cut off. But I passed and that's all that matters to me. The class met every day and we had an exam every Friday. We covered 5 chapters each week. I was taking my vyvanse everyday because of the course load. I started noticing a huge tolerance build up by the end of July.

My Fall semester started in August and it's currently November. It's everything I can do to just make myself go to class. Allot of times I don't go. My tolerance has built up to the Vyvanse 70 mg XR. I am extremely unmotivated to do anything at all. It's almost as I'm depressed. I sleep all the time and can't even motivate myself to do housework chores like dishes or laundry. I can't get myself to study or do the online assignments or quizzes for my online class. If I don't pass these last 5 class and get an overall GPA of a 2.0 I won't graduate and will have to retake classes in the spring semester. I want so badly to finally graduate in December and to get a big girl career job I really do, but I don't have the drive to even get out of bed sometimes. My relationship is struggling and my sex drive is nonexistent.

My main focus is to just get through this semester then go from there!

I need suggestions on how to make the vyvanse work again?! Should I ask my doctor for Adderall and vyvanse so I can alternate? I had tried and tried to research this and there is so many people saying so many different things. What is DXM? Will it help? What about chelated magnesium? I know what this is and that some people say it reduces the tolerance build up. But how do you take it? How many Mg and morning or night? I have a two month trial back of namenda (memantine) that a friend that works at a doctors office got for me from the free sample stash. I have read lots of people say this works but no one says how many Mg and what time of day to take it. Please someone give me some advice!

The very last thing I want to do it build up any type of addiction! I am not a drug user whatsoever! I only take birth control and vyvanse. I only take medicine that is prescribed by my doctor and not for recreational purposes! This is one of the reasons I am afraid to tell all of this to my doctor and seek her advice. My town is a very small rural town and prescription pills are a huge problem here. I would say half the population in my town has been or is addicted to prescription pills/street drugs. I don't want her to think I'm just another pill head trying to get more drugs. My parents don't think ADHD is a real thing and that I shouldn't take any medicine at all. I do casually drink with friends but am no where near an alcoholic. I would say I drink maybe once every two weeks if that. I do smoke cigarettes, probably a pack every other day.

Please someone help me or steer me in the right direction to find a solution!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a booster of IR Adderall or Dexedrine to use when needed? Slippery slope though.

In my experience, yes. Concerta&Ritalin (i don't remember what the name of the active drug in those two are)are closer to cocaine in their make-up&effect, as Vyvanse and Adderall are amphetamines, and I get MUCH more agitated with the Concerta and the like.

I went to the doc today and asked her if I could try Vyvanse again. She wants me on Zyprexa to make sure I'm balanced out first. Zyprexa is a mood stabilizer or antipsychotic. I don't want to take that crap. When I see her in 8 weeks, she said we'll discuss the Vyvanse again. I guess understandably she wanted to put a break between it but I told her I'm fine now. Jesus...annoying.

What is the best way to help your body absorb vyvanse? I have been cleansing for a few weeks after I ran out of my 30mg script a week and a half after I got it. I used vyvanse to help me stay awake all night a lot this summer due to taking calculus and physics (I know, what in the he'll was I thinking) and it sort of turned into a bad habit for me. My tolerance was so ridiculous I would take three to five 60mg capsules in one 36 hr period, then sleep a night, and repeat the next night. I know this is terrible for me and that it could turn into a big problem, that is why I stopped and have been cleansing. When I get my script in a few days I want to take one a day and avoid redosing. But I want it to be very affective as well so I can get my school work done. Any thoughts?!

I need help with Vyvanse tolerance. Any replies saying not to abuse them surely won't help as I already know this and am trying to stop. That is why I need your help. I have been taking 75-100 mg Vyvanse a day and am prescribed 50 mg. I feel I need to take more because if I don't take at least 75-100, I get wired, but get no focus. Seems like I always have brain fog -- even when I do take the 100 mg. I assume this is because in the past I have abused amphetamines like crazy (6-10 months ago) and now have super high tolerance or no dopamine. How long of a break should I take to reset tolerance/brain chemicals? Whenever I don't take them I feel super depressed

Depression & Tolerance

Hello All,

This is my first post in this site and first post ever in any kind of thread or website. Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to read this and offer their advice.

I am a 24 year old female and I am in my sixth year of college for my bachelors degree. It's taken me six hard years to finally get my shit together enough to be in my final semester of college. I am expected to graduate in December if I can get a handle on my life enough to finish my current classes. I was prescribed adderall 40mg XR by my family doctor after asking for it because everyone on campus was taking it to focus on school work and I wanted to try it but was to afraid to buy drugs. In high school I made great grades and graduated at the top of my class. When I started college I completely lost all drive and focus. Maybe it was the freedom I all of a sudden had. I didn't have to go to class like I did in high school so I didn't. I lost my scholarships then transferred schools closer back to home. I eventually failed out and had to go to the community college. I finally got my associates degree and then went back to the University to finish my bachelors.

When my doctor prescribed me the adderall it was like everything made sense. It was clear I was struggling with ADHD. I started focusing harder. Things I was learning in class was starting to be so much clearer and I was actually learning the course information and remembering it all. Remembering and retaining the information has always been an issue I've struggled with making test and exams an unpleasant experience. Adderall had solved my problems. I was taking the medicine on school days that I needed to focus. Sometimes every other day and sometimes once a week. (I need to add, adderall made me grind my teeth like a meth addict and made me very feel very embarrassed.)

After a year and a half of taking the Adderall I grew tolerant to it and it wasn't working anymore. I started falling behind again in school and failed more classes. One day a fellow ADHD friend and college student told me about vyvanse and offered to let me try one of hers to see if it helped. She had also been prescribed adderall then made the switch to vyvanse. I tried one of hers and it was amazing! I was more focused and motivated than adderall had ever made me feel! I talked with my doctor and we made the switch to vyvanse 70 Mg. XR. Everything was so much better! My grades were great and I was going to class and was motivated in life as a whole.

This July I took a required organic chemistry summer course so I could graduate this December. I am not book smart and science is my worst subject (I'm a business major). It was everything I could do to get through the course and I barely did. I passed with a grade that was two points above the cut off. But I passed and that's all that matters to me. The class met every day and we had an exam every Friday. We covered 5 chapters each week. I was taking my vyvanse everyday because of the course load. I started noticing a huge tolerance build up by the end of July.

My Fall semester started in August and it's currently November. It's everything I can do to just make myself go to class. Allot of times I don't go. My tolerance has built up to the Vyvanse 70 mg XR. I am extremely unmotivated to do anything at all. It's almost as I'm depressed. I sleep all the time and can't even motivate myself to do housework chores like dishes or laundry. I can't get myself to study or do the online assignments or quizzes for my online class. If I don't pass these last 5 class and get an overall GPA of a 2.0 I won't graduate and will have to retake classes in the spring semester. I want so badly to finally graduate in December and to get a big girl career job I really do, but I don't have the drive to even get out of bed sometimes. My relationship is struggling and my sex drive is nonexistent.

My main focus is to just get through this semester then go from there!

I need suggestions on how to make the vyvanse work again?! Should I ask my doctor for Adderall and vyvanse so I can alternate? I had tried and tried to research this and there is so many people saying so many different things. What is DXM? Will it help? What about chelated magnesium? I know what this is and that some people say it reduces the tolerance build up. But how do you take it? How many Mg and morning or night? I have a two month trial back of namenda (memantine) that a friend that works at a doctors office got for me from the free sample stash. I have read lots of people say this works but no one says how many Mg and what time of day to take it. Please someone give me some advice!

The very last thing I want to do it build up any type of addiction! I am not a drug user whatsoever! I only take birth control and vyvanse. I only take medicine that is prescribed by my doctor and not for recreational purposes! This is one of the reasons I am afraid to tell all of this to my doctor and seek her advice. My town is a very small rural town and prescription pills are a huge problem here. I would say half the population in my town has been or is addicted to prescription pills/street drugs. I don't want her to think I'm just another pill head trying to get more drugs. My parents don't think ADHD is a real thing and that I shouldn't take any medicine at all. I do casually drink with friends but am no where near an alcoholic. I would say I drink maybe once every two weeks if that. I do smoke cigarettes, probably a pack every other day.

Please someone help me or steer me in the right direction to find a solution!

Dear six.yearsenior,

I am having the same troubles as you are having. Please let me know if you found any solutions! I need help :(

Phentermine

Can someone please chime in with any experience with this prescription?

I know that Vyvanse needs to be metabolized before it turns to dex, but here's my question: If you were to pop one, when would you reach the point of no return, where throwing up would no longer serve as an expedient. Long story short, took a 70mg and a half a few hours ago, absent mindedly I took another 70mg and the other half. About an hour passed by before I decided I probably over did it and decided to throw up. Would that be too late for most people? I'm early 20's about 185 pounds

Relax.

You took the equivalent of ~ 50 - 60 mg dexamphetamine xr.
Which is quite a bit, but nothing to worry about IMHO.
If you are really concerned consult a hospital/physician.

Does anyone know how to reset your D2 receptors? I abused amphetamines for a while a few months ago and don't have time for tolerance break. They give me energy , but no focus (still have brain fog all day). Does anyone know ways to help resetD2 receptors in frontal lobe and increase dopamine levels and release?

There is not such thing as reseting receptors, your liver is just metabolizing it too fast for it to get in decent amount in your brain. You can take something to inhibit the decomposing enzyme in your liver (piperine).

D2 antagonists or the D2/D3 partial agonists will help restore your homeostatic D2 receptor state more towards normal through what's known as "upregulation" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downregulation_and_upregulation.

But I've got to tell you - they might be a little unpleasant and probably precipitate withdrawals - depending on how much you've used, similar to how flumazenil can precipitate benzo withdrawal in certain individuals when they overdose.

Were you using consistently everyday? If not, this is a good way to go.

To all those who want to slam meth. Be careful about Crystal Meth. After using it for 5 or 6 years, I now suffer from delusions, paranoia and anxiety. And it'll have you thinking the craziest shit is currently happening to you.
I'd advise to stay away from this drug. It'll ruin your brain and you'll wish you'd never touch it. It'll also bring you into contact with truly horrible people. The lowest of the low. They'll use you and abuse you because they know you are dying for a "hit"
or a bump.

So I see my psychiatrist today and she started me off with 20 mg months ago and it was too strong. I looked up the lowest dose and I didn't know it comes in 10 mg. I'm going to ask for that.

It always pays to look up the lowest dose of a medicine first because psychiatrists are known for giving you a high dose first. It's ridiculous.