• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest In Peace, Alan (xtcxtc)

I just saw this for the first time today. How sad. :(

I hope he knew how much he contributed to all of our lives. A lot of us have made lifelong friendships on this website that might not have existed without his generosity. That's not even mentioning all the lives that have been saved here. What a great man.

RIP Alan <3

R.I.P. Alan! This was truly a man that was the epitome of the word "badass."

This is so very, very tragic!

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
^^^ This is just too weird for me.

Just this week we were discussing xtcxtc in the Lounge thread 'Who owns Bluelight?', and I expressed concern over how the site would continue once he passed away. I had no idea that when I posted that, he just had. I definitely believe in either ESP or synchronicity now.

Edit: for chicpoena

I believed in synchronicity before this, but this seals the deal. I was actually really emotional last night for what I thought was no reason. Late last night when I got up to pee after having been asleep I checked BL and I instantly thought "are you kidding me?"

Life is strange like that I guess. I just wish I understood it more.

Today has had me wondering about a few things:

How many people - outside of Bluelight - were aware that he funded such a site? Did his family know? His associates? Members of his betting group? Was it something that he spoke about much or mentioned?

His generosity towards specific causes is well-known (read some of his posts in the gallery)... but if it's the case that not many people were aware of his involvement in Bluelight, it makes me wonder how many other unpopular causes he supported without fanfare or recognition?

God bless ya, Alan.

RIP

Thank you, Alan, for your generosity and your humbleness.

Rest in peace.

Another passes and tears shed like rainshowers

chicpoena said:
I believed in synchronicity before this, but this seals the deal. I was actually really emotional last night for what I thought was no reason. Late last night when I got up to pee after having been asleep I checked BL and I instantly thought "are you kidding me?"

Life is strange like that I guess. I just wish I understood it more.

Funny chicpoena, nearly identical to what i experienced. Thething is last week and a friend brought him up out of the blue, and here I am now pulling out old memories and a pocket full of hopes and dreams. I am truly inspired, if only all of us lead life by his example. I feel like every bit of words cannot express exactly how i feel, trivial, its so hard seeing someone, anyone, on this site for so many years. Like going to class and seeing the same faces, home, and to realize and appreciate fully, how much time and effort this class has put into the home, school whatever.

My heart sinks at the thought of anyone of the community no longer being around, what ifs come to mind and throw on top of that a humble pie who has sculpted so many of us, without us even being fully aware of the influence.

Come on everyone, pursue the amazing and innovate yourself and those you love. Life is too short to not make waves, I say rock the boat baby.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it is odd, and maybe im just a mess now and the passing of alan has rendered me into a blob of salty monsoons and a marshland of heart.

i wish i would've had the chance to say thank you, i am such an ungrateful bitch I wouldn't be who I am today without this site and the beautiful people that have entered, crossed, and exited my life. It is a scary idea, to not have met who I have met....... Alan, you have some wonderful karma points, to the point of transcendence.
<3

Why is it that i have the most profound trip ever yesterday and so many coincidences are occurring and changes.

there was even an earthquake and i'm in nottingham.

Never mind that if it's not relevant in any way i just felt i had to mention it in some way.

May The Alan Legacy continue.

Thank You Alan for giving me the one website I truely love.

Rest In Peace