• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Withdrawls without money

rogue1

Bluelighter
Im having some pretty shitty opiate withdrawls. I have absolutely no money so buying something to cut the edge is outta the question. I have basic household pharms on hand as well as liquor. Anyone have any suggestions on something to take/drink that will take this miserable edge off?

if your drinking i wouldnt take more than one or two shots, if you have an actual problem thats gone on for some time i'd go to a doc and get on suboxone (if you have insurance that is) so you won't have to worry about withdrawals again and it won't empty your wallet

what are the basic household pharms you have? tylenol and stuff?

whens the next time you will have $ to cop? what i would do when i was in that situation was take a bunch of benedryl and drink some liquor. its a shitty feeling but it will give you some time to rest and take the edge off for a while. sucks tho man, ive been there a ton of times before.

I feel for you, maybe if you could scrape together a few bucks you could order some kratom to taper with, maybe kick with it? Cheapest I've seen was 10 dollars an ounce, it won't be a miracle cure but will beat anything else you'd acquire the same price. Refer to erowid for info.

If you have loperamide, diphenhydramine, or any pain-reliever, then take that. Liquor doesn't really help much.

P.S. I have a few immodium left that I can give away. PM if you want them. I might have other things to help you as well.

Last edited:
fuck.
I am sorry to say it man, you gotta bite the bulltet. But maybe you will reconsider using after being over day 2 or 3. Those are the worst i found. Then it's just gonna go uphill. I think you can use this as an oppoturnity. As shitty as it is, don't think i don't feel for you.

If you need anybody to talk to in private, give me a holla :)

how serious is your habit if i might ask? Can you obtain anything like immodium from the pharmacy? It's better than nothing, and at least helps with the shits alright.

I read on another thread hot food/spices, but only provides temporary (~10 minutes) of relief. Exercise may help for temporary relief also.

Otherwise, maybe go to a detox clinic and see what they say. Might give you suboxone or methadone.

Bad Update- I wrote a check to get myself some hydro 130mgs because I just wasnt ready to handle this right now. I went home and did a CWE and then threw it all back. Problem was- my stomach was so upset in the first place from the shits that after about 1 minute I had to run out back and spit it all up... no I didnt even have the prescence of mind to puke in a bucket or something just in case i had the balls to re-drink it. So now im out even more money and feel worse than ever for my stupidity. Good news is- this has got to be a sign that i've hit rock bottom. Im gonna pop an ambien and try to sleep the misery off I guess.

also- going to a doctor or seeking any professional help is outta the question. For various reasons that im sure are pretty common- being a closet addict etc.

i feel for you man...
But how serious is your habbit, how long etc?
I kicked 8 months of taking lousy 400mgs of codeine every day, and it was not fun, i don't wanna imagine doing the same with anything else but codeine. That's why i like that stuff, no matter how bad it gets, i can always ride that one out.

I have been daily to bi-daily for about a year and a half now. My only major break was for about a full week around christmas. I usually take hydro because it is the cheapest opiate where i live (Austin Area). however i also enjoy oxy and roxi from time to time when they are not too expensive. My tolerance (to catch a nice buzz) has been about 130mgs hydro or 90mgs roxi. At my worst im taking a dose in the morning and one in the afternoon, at my best- on occasion i wont even really think about popping anything and live a normal college night at the bars with my friends.

I took my last ambien CR and am about to put a dip in and im feeling a little better. I think there may have been some residual effects from that cwe i puked back up so that might be helping. Im gonna try and get some sleep. Im aiming to quit until after spring-break at which point i will see if i cant enjoy opiates in a reasonable and safe way.

Though I don't have personal experience going to a doc regarding an addiction, I think you are safe considering doctor/patient confidentiality. If its hiding the appointments/medication from friends and family thats the problem, then I can't help you there. You must have some tricks up your sleeve if you've kept people in the dark while you used.

I am seeking gov. work that requires heavy screening.. I would not be the least bit surprised if they checked my med records. So id prefer to keep it under raps as much as possible. This Ambien combined with a nice dip i have in are pushing me towards a nice stupor.

I have to study for a test tomorrow and I know I wont be able to concentrate if i feel anything like i did today. I normally take adderall but ive heard alot of bad things about adderall and withdrawls. Any suggestions on any comination that will help with the edge as well as concentration....

I love this forum- When in need yall have always been there to help, and if i can get through this and kick the addiction I will devote all my spare time to helping others with theirs. Thanks guys.

depending on how bad your WD's are, the aderall could help make you feel better, or make you feel like total shit. ive found that when im really sick any type of stimulant makes the WD feel 10X worse. im talking about WD symptoms like elevated heart rate and BP, cold sweats, dialated pupils.

now if your WD's are not so severe and you dont have the really high blood pressure or heart rate some aderall might give you a little boost and make you feel better. i wouldnt take a stim now a days during a WD, but back when i had a baby habit i know that if i did some coke or crystal it would take my mind off it.

a good med to get for WD is clonidine. its an alpha blocker and it helps with the sweats and blood pressure which make it a lot easier to get comfortable. one of the worst parts of WD for me was always that strong throbbing feeling all over, the clonidine works great to stop it. its pretty easy to get, i mean its not a scheduled medicine or anything. if you know a dr it shouldnt be a big deal.

benzos work well too but since they are addicitive a lot of dr's dont rx them for WD related issues. im sure some do, but most of the ones ive ever dealt with havnt. if you could get some benzos you could take the aderall to stay focused and a benzo to take the edge off.

How could you write yourself a check if you don't have any money? It would bounce...

Anyway, slow down dude. Opiate withdrawal isn't fatal. (Well, to be accurate, they can be if they exasperate an underlying condition.)

Get yourself some loperamide, and diphen. Just ride them out, making sure you eat and most importantly keeping hydrated.

The physical symptoms should be over within a week. YMMV, but not by much. Do a search for the OTC opiate wd guide.

What phrozen just stated is the exact question I was going to ask.

How could you write yourself a check if you don't have any money?

rogue1 said:
also- going to a doctor or seeking any professional help is outta the question. For various reasons that im sure are pretty common- being a closet addict etc.

Why is getting help out of the question?

masterbate-ALOT! It def takes your mind off the fact that you are ill, and also Benadryl works for me sometimes.