Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Daytrana - First Time - The Best and Most Effective Stimulant Yet

Newmoonrecord

Bluelighter
Background: I'm a 10-15 year veteran of daily use and occasional abusive stimulant use.

Daytrana (continuous release transdermal methylphenidate) has proven to take the cake for the most effective stimulant for daily use.

When applied to the hip as recommended, a small sprinkling of dizziness and a minor alert surface within 5 minutes. The dizzy euphoria grows over the period of about an hour and a half. The body buzz feels warm and satisfying (like IV coke or other d3 dopaminergics ropinirole or apomorphine), like i'm comfortable sinking into the chair or couch, or wherever i'm sitting. Drifting off into this velvety bliss is very possible should one decide to close their eyes and relax. Limbs feel heavy.

Near the end of hour one, and into the beginning of hour 2, the energy rushes begin as the peak is neared. The dizzy blankety euphoria in the brain and limbs fades away into more of a cognitive euphoria of adrenaline rushes and feelings of godlike control (indistinguishable from amphetamine, coke, or other methylphenidate drug rushes). One upside to Daytrana is that there isnt much peripheral stimulation. I dont feel jittery like i would with amps. Instead, I feel like my body (arms and legs) are poised to pounce. I feel like any movement that i make is faster and more efficient.

Peak occurs at approximately 2.5 hours in with plenty of adrenaline rushes of excitement. Everything is exciting.

The remainder of the daytrana high can be summarized as very similar to coke or speed. A sense of confidence, energy, drive, and ability to focus. But without the ultra-intense zone that amphetamines seem to frequently force upon me. This is highly welcomed, as I've been looking for a stimulant that doesnt force me into single minded-nesss.

now for the even better news

Once the peak is reached -- it basically continues until you take the patch off (up to 9-12 hours later). This is a huge advantage over regular methylphenidate products, and over almost all oral stimulants altogther. Oral Methylphenidate's big downside is that you only get about 1 hour of peak effectiveness before the metabolism ruins it and you start to crash. With daytrana, you never crash. You sort of slowly build a tolerance to the high, so it feels a bit like it's decreasing, but upon further consideration, the level of enhancement is still the same, the high simply becomes less euphoric.

With daytrana i have been able to maintain my drive, energy, focus, creativity, and good mood all day long without fluctuating levels of drug, and without the insane tweak factor of speed or desoxyn.

At abusively high dosages, I find it to be indistinguishable from snorting a few grams over several hours (coke). The awesome part is you never really come down until you take it off.

Another advantage is that because of the short half life and lack direct noradrenaline release, the comedown is smoother than with amps. Sometimes it can be more intense, but it lasts a lot less time (1-2 hours as opposed to 4-6 for amps). The advantage here is that im so tired, and the drug leaves my system so fast, that i'm always able to pass out 2 hours or so after removing the patch. Could never do that on an equivalent dosage of desoxyn.

substancecode_daytrana
substancecode_methylphenidate
substancecode_pharms
categorycode_solo
categorycode_positive
categorycode_recreational
explevel_firsttime

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice report, interesting I've never even heard of it, from the wiki it really doesn't look abusable. How many patches did you actually have to put on to get these results? I have a mental image of you being covered in hundreds of the patches :p

Sounds like a good drug for a 9 hour dance party, MDMA has me coming down too soon and as for meth, well by the time that wears off you'll want some serious benzos.

wow, heh. the perfect stimulant? be careful friend, and cheers to your delicious patches.

the patches come in 10s, 15s, 20s, and 30s. the dose that provides me with the functional increased ability to concentrate and keep my thoughts slowed down is 5 (a half a 10 or a quarter of a 20, these days). The dose that provides decent euphoria for me is either a single 20 or a 30. The higher you go with the dosage, the quicker the dizzy sedated euphoria merges into the adrenaline rushes. (could be seen as good or bad). I personally prefer using only a small amount. It provides just the right amount of calm sedation (once tolerance is gained), and most importantly it slows down the crazy thoughts in my head. I would be on wellbutrin otherwise but i dont like it messing with my sleep. At low dosages the daytrana seems to be just the ticket. Obviously a 30 or two is good game for dancing. Doesnt get your heart rate up as much either.

As far as being careful. Of course i'll be careful. I've fallen into the idea that stimulants are the holy grail far too many times to not be wary of it each time i start a new med. But i am switching from relatively heavy meth use to this, in order to save on neurotoxicity. So really there shouldnt be a problem with grandiose thinking and addiction to whatever short lived euphoria i get.

People say stimulant use is not sustainable over the long term. I believe this is true only in reference to the idea of "chasing the high". If you try to get high off of stimulants every day or get an incredible boost in concentration, memory ,and cognitive skills, you'll inevitably burn out. But i havent burned out in the past 10 years or so. It's all about and enjoying the sedating calm of a drug *after* tolerance is built, and not chasing the high.

Daytrana helps prevent "chasing the high" because you dont get high 3x a day like you would as the pills wear in (taking oral stimulants). And luckily you also dont get low 3x a day as you would when the pills wear off.

another advantage of mph used this way is that you can take advantage of its short half life. the half life (2.5 hours) is substantially faster than meth or levoamp (6-7 hours). this makes repeated oral dosing uncontrollable and inefficient , however, it allows you to use a day-long product and then get it all out of your system before bedtime every night, allowing a refreshing night's sleep. the benefit of getting good sleep CANNOT be overstated when dealing with daily stimulant use. it really really helps. I was never able to obtain true healthful sleep on amps while getting a desirable duration of action.

Dont get me wrong, this isnt a miracle drug (im not that naive) It's not even as good as some other stimulants, in some ways, (moclobemide for example). I hope to eventually get off of it, like all stimulants, extra dopamine isnt my game anymore. But for now, it's keeping the thoughts and brain fog at bay in a more healthful way than other "hard" dopaminergics.

Last edited:
I took your advice and got me some (20s).
So far so good.
I'm wearing one patch on my stomach (T+35min) and chewing another.
The taste is bitter and somewhat numbing.

T+24 hour update:
Daytrana (transdermal methylphenidate) is the best prescription stimulant drug, dosage, and delivery system I have yet to encounter.
Yes!!!

<praiseGODfromWHOMallBLESSINGSflow>

Last edited:
Well, I finally got about 7 hours' worth of sleep last night but didn't sleep at all the night before.

Other than that, what can I say?, it's good.
I am wearing two right now and I just chewed up another two patches a little while ago.

:)

Another thing: last night I was already really high on the Daytrana and then I smoked a good bit of freebase cocaine and got higher off the coke than I ever have before, including via the iv route of administration. I actually had to stop smoking crack and wait to come down before hitting the rocks again.

Last edited:
hmm ive tried these and i have 15's and i put one on and cant really feel anyhting... and when i chew half of one i cant either... i might chew a whole one but is this dangerous?

This sounds very interesting. I am also a long term, well-controlled stim user, and right now what I am prescribed is Adderall, which I find satisfying enough, if not miraculous.
But your report intrigues me. Hmm....

Dont chew the patches!!! That is, chewing them will not give you the best effect. what you need to do is get your tongue pretty dry by wiping it on a towel or something. then, get a fresh patch and stick it on your tongue. put most of it on the bottom of your tongue and then fold it over the top. make sure it is well stuck to your tongue. its okay if your tongue gets a little wet with saliva, so long as the patch is still on your tongue. you must keep your mouth closed tight around the patch so it sticks to your tongue better. within a mimute, your tongue will get VERY numb and EXTREMELY tingly. The high from this is exactly like blowing ritalin. what i find the best thing to do is stick on a patch, then when i feel it kick in, put one on my tongue and suck on it. enjoy!!

does it matter where you stick it? and what works faster putting it on your tongue or just sticking it? The 30's actually have like 82 mg and it seems sort of wasteful to just stick it cuz then you only get 30 mg.

other than the hip...???

I've found that if applied to the hip, it is intensified when heat is added. Also, when it leaves a red mark that day - put the patch in the same place! Irritated skin increases absorption rates.

My question is, if anyone knows, where on the body is apsorption rate increased? The "proper" place to apply the patch is on the hip, but I'm thinking different parts of the body would absorb more and more quickly. I am quite experienced with all other aspects of this patch.

perhaps the inner wrist where the skin is thin and close to veins/cappalaries?

I'm not sure how safe that would be though.

The Taint or "Gooch" area or basically anywhere on your penis has really easily permeable skin.

Damn I wish I had medical insurance!

I am amazed that a daily stimulant user would get that much effect from a 5mg patch of Ritalin. I had wondered how well the patch might work.

For me, Ritalin is like potato chips, I don't crave it when not available, but if I have a bottle, I can't eat just one pill.