Does anyone have questions on bodybuilding supplements?

eu4ia said:
hi bingalpaws

i am taking marijuana daily to fight meth craving. and since i stop meth i gained a lot of pounds, i currently working out(dancing) and i am planing to take universal green tea. here is the ingriedients

90 Capsules
Supplement Facts
Serving Size2Capsules
Servings Per Container45
Amount Per Serving % DV
Green Tea Extract† 750mg *
Quercetin 50mg *
* Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients
Green Tea Extract, Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin, Stearic Acid

† A unique and proprietary green tea extract which has been standardized to contain 90 mg of the polyphenol, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and 50 mg of naturally-occurring caffeine.

will it have bad reaction with my daily marijuana use??:)
i really need marijuana to fight craving. but i need some supplements to burn a lot of pounds:)
the only thing in there that'd really do much of anything is the caffeine and the egcg from the grean tea, although I believe the results on egcg are extremely minimal. Caffeine will help a bit, but as far as I've ever seen or experienced (not that I cut very much, I used to cut for sports but never for bodybuilding or anything), caffeine is primarily useful in this way for both increased energy and decreased appetite, two huge benefits to someone on a calorie restricted diet. While it does speed metabolism, that's relatively insignificant (and that's actually an understatement, it does 'work', but as far as real world results in the mirror, those are a direct result of your diet and activities). I hope those were not too expensive, as no-doz pills from the gas station'd be about as effective in all honesty :\ (if you bought from GNC and still have a receipt, they'll take it back w/o issue as long as it's within 30 days, even if you had opened and eaten most, or even all, of the pills. I'd check with the store if it's somewhere else, because based on what you described and my time working in that industry, I'm just picturing a $49.99 tag or higher on that bottle :p ).

I cannot think of a single thing that's contraindicated for marijuana, certainly no problem that I can see in the mixture of pot+those diet pills. And if the pot is helping w/ the meth cravings, by all fucking means keep it going til you're stabillized y'know?

About the dancing, that's great, it's very good for you in many, many ways. However, I just want to restate an earlier point that is lost or just not taken seriously enough by most: losing weight, or gaining weight, is simply an issue of calorie balance. To lose weight, you need a calorie deficit, ie burn off more calories than are consumed. This deficit is a direct result of energy expenditure, and energy (calorie) consumption. While exercising burns calories, it's not like it's crazy efficient, and it certainly cannot cancel out an improper diet for most folk. On the other hand, you could not exercise, eat like shit (ie - quality, like shitty mcdonald's), and still lose weight, so long as you just maintain the proper calorie deficit. On the other hand, you could exercise 4hr daily, eat nothing but the healthiest of foods, balance your macronutrients (carb/fat/protein) perfectly, and still gain weight, if there's a surplus (or hover at the same weight if you're breaking even). Sorry to be so longwinded on this, it's just that I know you're talking about losing weight, and you've clearly got exercise and supplements taken care of, but you just need to remember bodies are made in the fridge far more than in the gym, your diet is so central whether you're gaining or losing weight. With a great program to lose/gain weight and a shitty diet, you'll get little/no results. With a terrible program and a perfect diet for your goals, you'll get great results. It's really that simple.

p-mo said:
You got a source for that? :\
as far as alcohol being catabolic,
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173684&r=21
(whole thing is great, but post 3 should have all you need there and post 4 is the references. Just for info's sake that was NOT written by giza/sphinx, it's from someone quasi-known (maybe more, dunno), but I can't recall whom.

As far as gbl being anticatabolic, I'd be interested to see if that's the case, and furthermore whether it's significantly anticatabolic. I do recall something about increased gh release and better sleep, although I could absolutely be mistaken and honestly, I've never seen a single figure (like, are we talking a 7% increase in GH, or 0.00034%?).

< that's on you, big hooters =D >

Oh I absolutely believe alcohol is catabolic. I just don't believe that gbl could be called anti-catabolic.

Here is a graph from a patent showing GHB's efficacy in releasing GH:

5840331-10.gif

http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/5840331.html

The impact appears to significant but short-lived. It looks like the medium dose (3 grams) is quite effective...

So thats 2x HGH levels and approx 5x prolactin levels (according to 5alphas bloodwork). Thats before factoring in cortisol levels...

Im still gonna say catabolic...

Last edited: