• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Do you heat or dont heat your dope before shooting?

I used to heat, but I dont anymore. I have powder from Detroit, it dissolves like snow in water.

Mine dissolves quite well, but not 100$ completely, I can still see some little flakes in the water. These get caught up in the filter, I'm assuming.

i didnt read all the replies but it depends on the type of heroin you have. up here in seattle you pretty much have to heat the dope to get it to mix with the water, because its a hard sticky nasty black tar substance. well it depends but some of the stuff is so hard it breaks off in chunks like rocks and it softens up as you heat it. people worry about the dope being less potent if you heat it but i've never had any problem. lol i freeze my dope in the freezer so it chunks off easier without sticking to my fingers too. neither of these actions hurt my precious dope.

For #4 dope you don't need to use heat, so why do it? That's what I get in my area, so I don't use heat.

Cold shots always for me.

^ To kill bacteria. How necessary it is, I dont know, but the trade-off for killing bacteria is burning off dope.

with west coast tar you dont need to heat if your habit is small and your dope is clean

if you are shooting any more than 20 at a time you need to heat to dissolve, then stir, and then give it a little blast of more heat.

the second heat clarifies the solution and allows you to draw it up

i have seen low quality dope that is the consistency of chocolate syrup

the high quality stuff looks more like rootbeer when you cook it right

i can get 1gram of high quality tar into 1ml of water when cooked correctly

really good dope is so clean that when you draw it up through the cotton the cotton stays white

I heat. If that heat even kills off a few pathogens, it's all worthwhile IMO.

I don't heat to dissolve, as it dissolves perfectly without heat.

I've tired doing the same dose of the same batch with heat and without heat. No difference. :\ (I stop heating as soon as I see a few bubbles forming on the bottom of the spoon.)

johnnyb420 said:
with west coast tar you dont need to heat if your habit is small and your dope is clean

if you are shooting any more than 20 at a time you need to heat to dissolve, then stir, and then give it a little blast of more heat.

the second heat clarifies the solution and allows you to draw it up

i have seen low quality dope that is the consistency of chocolate syrup

the high quality stuff looks more like rootbeer when you cook it right

i can get 1gram of high quality tar into 1ml of water when cooked correctly

really good dope is so clean that when you draw it up through the cotton the cotton stays white

QFT this guy knows what I'm talking about :D

I noticed that as my doses (tar) got bigger, without heat they would be unclear and looked like they had little pieces of shit floating around inside the solution when drawn up into a rig. If I heat the solution for a few seconds and then draw it up, it's a clear yellow solution w/no particles.

So I guess heat does do something for the safety of your shot, at least in the case of tar. But I still think (good) filtering is more important.