• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Post Pics Of Those Who Died From Drugs

Chaos23 said:
RIP Ryan Blevins... and fuck you for killing yourself. selfish....
I hate to say this to someone who just lost a good friend, but you're obviously the selfish one for thinking he's selfish. People who kill themselves are not selfish. Life isn't meant to be lived for others.

yeah. you are entitled to your beliefs...

life involves a lot of suffering, and in the instance of most suicides, those left behind feel angry and pissed. It is all part of the normal grieving process.

Also, how people live life varies from person to person. There are those with the belief that living an altruistic lifestyle is the key to being a truly good and spiritual person.

I am just upset, and his whole family and girlfriend are just completely devastated. i stick by my conviction that his act was wholly selfish. This interpretation is open to change as time passes and my anger wears off and turns into sadness and grief...

Gr3yghost said:
Thanks, Stella. I was going to add him to the list but I see you've are way ahead of me.

^ No problem, I want you to know you can call me ANYTIME on my cell, if you lost my number PM me. I really miss him so badly, and I hope to be there for you if I can if needed as well. If you ever need an ear, I am here. <3

Ben C., my first boyfriend
tramadol + effexor

allpictures031.jpg

allpictures046-1-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaos23 said:
I am just upset, and his whole family and girlfriend are just completely devastated. i stick by my conviction that his act was wholly selfish. This interpretation is open to change as time passes and my anger wears off and turns into sadness and grief...

Dude :( <3 You have had a terrible run! It is understandable that you feel the way you do. You're angry as well as distraught. My thoughts are you you.

Suicide is never easy to understand. It's completely complected. Sometimes it's really hard to accept that our loved ones no longer want to live and keep fighting, as we're still fighting.

My Uncle Kierran committed suicide due to his drug, alcohol and gambling problem about 4 years ago. He gassed himself in his car, parked outside the primary school he attended when he was a boy. He was completely wacked out on sleeping tablets and alcohol, and apparently smoked 4 packets of cigarettes through out his lead up to his moment of death. He drugged himself to make sure he couldn't back out of it because he tried to kill himself a time before but backed out due to fear and managed to only just survive.

He left his wife with all of his debts. So selfish also came to our minds at first unfortunately as well. It's after you get over the initial shock that you learn that they were battling mental illness.

Last edited:
Suicide is always terrible. It really shows how (excuse me) fucked up a person really can get.

I feel the lost for all the familys and friends, but still, It's their life and their decision.

May you all have found the peace you were looking for.

I've never personally lost someone from drugs, but I can say that this thread just broke my heart, I can't imagine all the pain you guys feel.

May all of the people you lost rest in peace. :(

My friend Jason G. died on March 27, 2008...self destructive to the max and I always had the feeling that he would leave us early.
Here's to you you crazy bastard....my hope is you find a better world than the one you shared with us.

jason.jpg

Holy shit, this thread makes me scared as fuck. Never have I been so scared to face my own mortality. I don't want to find my picture in here one day.

Jimmy, Jimbob

Jan 28th 2008

Overdose on xanax and alcohol

Dublin, Ireland

jimcopenhagen.jpg

cutejimmy.jpg

jimbob.jpg

I guess I will post a pic of the most recent friend to die a drug/alcohol-related death:

v8kizo.jpg

This pic was taken the summer of 1996, the year we graduated. That's me on the right, Robbie on the left. He's wearing his senior shirt, I see, and I almost put it into his coffin six weeks ago but kept it instead (not that it held any significance but that I have a million pictures from that summer and I don't think he ever changed clothes until fall...); died of massive brain destruction from a two-car wreck, his fault, head-on, and he was thrown out the back windshield. DOA, practically, as he was shocked back to vitals at the scene but was for all intents and purposes as brain-dead as they come, was disconnected from life support the next day, and all organs were donated. He, like me, was married for 10 years and had three--unlike me, my two to his three--kids, two girls (5 & 9) and one boy (3). I grew up with him, and he was easily my best friend. I had only seen him once in the past two years though, and we only lived 10 miles apart, but he owed me $400 on a car I'd sold him and he had defaulted on the deal (long story, but there were no problems related between us) and was ashamed over it and hadn't come to hang out in that long; to my discredit, though I had no concern over the money and had told him so many many times before we became seperated, I didn't bridge the gap either. He came by after Christmas one night, late, drunk, and we talked for quite a while, rather out of the blue, and he cried and I cried and we spoke of how much we meant to one another, he saw my family, et cetera, and then, yeah, like happens, he died in February and that was that. I carried his body as I had carried his drunken body many times in life. He was horrified of death, and he beat me to it. But, as it is, no more worries for him. I really only worry for his children, as I can't imagine mine having to deal with the death of me or my wife at their ages. He had finally beat his Xanax addiction as had I, though neither of us knew the other was also in withdrawal-Hell; we had withdrawn at the same time, last year, and we had started taking them together a decade ago. He died full of booze, instead.

I have had many more die, oxycodone & Dilaudid, Xanax, alcohol, suicides... and that's all there is to that, I guess. "Miss" doesn't even come close to describing it.

zombiesarepeaceful said:
Suicides are not cowards. I have the utmost respect for those who go through with suicide.

You--and the other similar statements by others--are right. Yes, we have one life, and if it ends by our own hand directly or indirectly doesn't matter. The person matters and what we all had together when we were alive. I may go one day with a planned suicide; so far, my family knows that it will be my choice, and one day it may be that way, one day a long way away, when I'm old and tired and want to go with dignity and lack of fear of the unknown... but if it happens otherwise before then, so be it. :)

n1277340111_30047955_6780.jpg

5-7-1989 - 8-29-06
My best friend, Brittany.
She shot herself after having an encounter with police while coming down off of her first roll.

RIP

Richard- "just" an old bum who lived on the street near my place, I use to talk to him, and sit down with him. dead-hypothermia from passing out from alcohol in the cold.

(out of respect to the family anonymous) one of my army friends. Joined up to get away from the drug scene and clean his act up. Dead from both his legs gone at the hip in some god forsaken rocky valley in Helmud province, Afghanistan. its drug related, as he would not of been there, if he was not trying to kick his habit, he was no fighter, he was a lover, just looking for some discipline to get him self cleaned up. *comes to attention and salutes*

Evan- methamphetamine OD....Miss you dude, I remeber how you never ever left the club with out a hot girl on your arm...you still inspires me to new highs of manwhoring. Wish you where still here.

Mike Richard B., 39. Died March 8, 1999. I was 10 yrs old and my brother was 8.

He died of cirrhosis. He was rushed to the hospital on a freezing cold Valentine's Day night.

We miss you Daddy. I hope you can see me and that you are happy with what you see. I hope you have found peace. <3

I have a million pictures, but no scanner. I plan on making a DVD for my brother and mother that has pictures from when we were growing up. The background music will be "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and "Last Dance with MaryJane" (an inside joke in our family-when my bro was a baby he would cry when these songs were over), as well as Chicago's "Wishing You Were Here." I also have casette tapes from my grandma that have conversations from when my brother and I were about 3-4 years old. It has us talking to our parents and each other. It is really cute and I really want my brother to hear it.

this thread brought tears to my eyes.
i have been very fortunate to have not experienced a loss of a friend or family member.
my sympathy is with you all. and i know it must be hard, but just remember time heals all wounds

zero

Rick H....1969-2008. methadone and xanax overdose. RIP man. If anybody remember the thread in here I posted a ways back about "Clyde"......We always used to joke around n call him that cuz we all loved South Park n cartmans always talkin to clyde frog. rick would always be liek "Come on clyde hit this blunt!" if one of us was talkin too long or whatever. So I used that name as a alias to post about the problems he was havin. I fuckin hated seein it end that way but I always had a feeling....

That fuckin methadone and xanax bullshit gets me so fuckin heated. you dont even know yo. His Dr. knew he was abusing it.he got sent to the hospital 2 times in one week for it. He had already od'd once. the dr. fuckin knew and wouldnt do shit. we begged him over n over and he just lied n said hed take him off it but never did.Hes still there gettin his paper writin out dangerous scripts and dont give a fuck.

A depressing but very necessary thread.

Pawel G.

died 22 (i think)

overdosed on antidepressants.

Edit sorry, i felt it necessary to delete the last name.

Kaitlyn B.

20 years old died last night after getting hit head on at 65mph by a drunk driver.

Once again, I am devastated.

l_95ede01cb63f52bb745762b7970faac1.jpg

My friend Joe Buck hanged himself Friday. Our mutual buddy called me yesterday. His mom read it in the local paper and called him. We were friends (with benefits) in high school and the early part of university. I hadn't seen him in at least 10 years. Last we heard he was caught up in heroin. I am sorry that death was the only solution you thought you had Joe.

I don't have a photo...wait I do :) It is from that trip to Montreal when we were 19...I forgot until now. I don't feel right posting it. It doesn't seem fair.