• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Post Pics Of Those Who Died From Drugs

"Don't do what he did and trade 40 years of your life for 40 minutes of happiness."

Wise words. Thanks for that post shim, it was very powerful.
I just teared up going through this thread. So many beautiful people who shouldn't have left us so early. We can only hope they've found peace now, wherever they are.
I'm so sorry for anyone who's had to go through this.

managed to stumble upon this thread, figured id contribute in a way.

an acquaintance of mine and a friend of several of my friends OD'd on a combo of Xanax and alcohol, possibly other pills only about a month ago. lived alone, and wasn't found until 3 days later. his name was mason and he was 20. from what I saw he was one of the nicest, funniest, and most down to earth dudes anyone could ever meet.

it sucks because many of my good friends are wayyy to heavy into drugs. I just have a strong feeling that its going to happen to them some day soon. one of my buddies is heavy into opiates and prescription meds and I haven't seen him for a while, makes me worried a bit.

also, i have a strong feeling that my best childhood friend in the world since i was 4 years old in little league is going to OD soon or kill himself. been through several rehab sessions and relapses with heroin, crack, coke, pcp, etc.. and hes now in jail for second degree burglary or something on those lines. honestly am glad he is in jail since it will hopefully keep him away from that crazy shit for good. been doing that shit since he was no older than 13 or 14. crazy...

i have a near overdose story where i took too much of a mislabeled batch of LSD which was really a DOx or BDF, and took a few pts of molly as well. was sitting in a corner for 1-2 hours convulsing, felt cold everywhere (likely hyperthermia), and couldn't feel my arms or legs. also was throwing up and what not. somehow made it out of that only to have my current best bro (alcoholic) call me talking about jumping off of an 8 story roof. talked him out of it luckily, but it all just hits heavy. 2 days later i was still tripping and losing feeling in my legs so i had to check myself into ICU, where i would see flashes of literal hell every time i closed my eyes. This was back in September, and has had a very long lasting impact.

All this shit really just makes me realize how close I actually was to dying myself. I was really into coke for about a year+ (first tried at about 15, but got really into it around xmas time a year ago), MDMA, LSD, and pretty much would take anything i could get my hands on. In crazy combinations and dosages too. Luckily I've been clean off of everything except occasional weed and drinking for 6 months. the path to that has been hell, but lately ive been happier than ever. to all of those that are having an awfully hard time coming clean, just know that time will heal, and you will feel much better when the moment passes. your life is not worth a few hours of being high.

RIP to those lost.

lost a good one on saturday. pic of me and him being dumb just a few weeks ago when he was in town for the final 4. huge louisville cards fan, so i'm glad he got to see his boys win the natty. still a little shocked over this. not determined if it was drug related yet, or not. RIP ruben. you were a helluva dude. he's in the hat.

30b3284.jpg

20345_305576554114_89618_n.jpg

molly/methadone/xanax. bout 6 years ago. Rip buddy.
400144_10150634400631894_319885150_n.jpg

was found murdered in glendale about 3 months ago with his head bashed. Drug deal gone wrong. Nicest kid in the world went to highschool with him and partied together. In the best year of our lives.

^ :( murdered? fuck!

I almost ended up here... hydrocodone, valium, dxm, and dextroamphetamine. pretty sure I almost died but I woke up gasping for air, covered in sweat head to toe, like I stopped breathing. I guess I'm lucky to be alive but I kinda wish I died cuz it was a half-assed suicide attempt trying to make it look like an accidental overdose of too many drugs... If I dosed any higher on any of those my intentions would have been obvious in the toxicology and I would have succeeded I think :(

molly/methadone/xanax you would think the molly would counter the methadone and xanax because it would stimulate the body to stay awake and alive.
But who knows, it shows we all need to be careful. Drugs are so unpredictable , especially combos.
I think the vodka, xanax, mdma combo i did was pretty stupid as well as all the other shit i've mixed : (

^ methadone + SSRI's is a huge no-no if I'm not mistaken. And MDMA huge SSRI effect. . Methadone potenciates a lot of substances extremely. I once took a methadone 5 and a percocet 5 and I'm pretty sure I almost died. My body did not like the way 500 mg apap + 5 mg oxycodone. + 5 mg methadone mixed at all. Cold sweats real heavy breathing bfreaked me the fuck out.

I see, that makes sense.
And to think some people think methadone doesn't get you high ..... : |

If you don't have a tolerance to opiates, methadone gets you high! If you use it for a long period of time, it pretty much loses all it's recreational value. You can still always take enough to "get high". It definitely fucks you up, but it's definitely not the most euphoric opiate.

8-17-2012 I lost my first real love to a methadone overdose. We were alone on the beach, his favorite place. He didn't make it to his nineteenth birthday. His was the first real death I had ever experienced. He died in my arms. I forget we were just kids. (wish I had a picture, I just stumbled upon this forum and really wanted to share.)

^ could you possibly elaborate on the dosage he took /was taking a few days before? Where you with him at the beach when it happened? What happened? If any of these questions are inappropriate I totally understand. I feel curious about more specifics on how these ODs went down. I feel like I had a close call with the 'done that might have taken one of my 9 lives. I'll post that story soon.

he had been taking the pills the whole month. first in moderation but the last day it had to have been at least four in less than an hour. i had asked him to stop after i saw him take the last one. we were drinking and wandering around. playing in the water. then he told me he was tired. he said he wanted to sleep. so i said it was okay. a half hour later he was out cold. i tried waking him up but he just groaned. so i didn't think anything was terribly wrong. i just thought he was messed up. i woke up seven hours later and he was dead. i didn't understand. he couldn't be dead. but he was so cold. i tried hugging him, trying to warm him up. i tried to pick him up but he outweighed me. i tried to start a fire but it was too windy. i opened his eyes and saw them fixed straight. that's when it really hit me. i sat on him and pulled his face up to my chest and just sobbed. i looked into the woods and just screamed "why", because that's all i could think. i ended up running to his mom's house and telling her i couldn't wake him up. the whole experience was devastating to say the least. traumatizing. it's so easy to believe someone is invincible. he had previously survived three overdoses. i still can't help but think the only reason he didn't pull through that time was because it was me that was supposed to take care of him, and i failed.

^I'm so sorry, I know how it feels.....It's not your fault, you didn't know he was ODing and by the time you woke up he had probably been gone for awhile. Don't blame yourself....Easier said than done, I know. It's so strange to have someone go that way because it just happens so quietly...they're just there one minute and gone the next. It's very hard to believe it's actually happening. That's the nature of an opiate overdose though. you take a little too much, you just stop breathing and die. He didn't suffer at all that way though....It's pretty much like going to sleep and never waking up. Which is what makes it even stranger. People who die that way never even have any clue that they're dying. The last thing he was aware of is that he went to sleep. you'll probably never feel good about it, but try to hold on to the memory of your friend and not waste what's left of your life drowning in guilt.

I no longer keep his picture around. Sean dec18 2012.

He killed himself. Reading this thread reopened the void in my heart he once occupied. I wish he would have reached out I would have done anything for him. The world is full of cynical assholes and he was a spot of joy in that for my circle of friends...whenever his name comes up we all shed a tear. The first night I met him he made me eat three extremely potent brownies( unwittingly). I'm usually very introverted but he reached me in a way no one could. I owe the fact I'm sober today to him prodding me into rehab. He was the only one that wrote me or visited....now I'm sobbing but maybe its good to let it out.

what makes me really sad is there are just as many, if not more, suicides than overdoses that people are posting about on here. suicide is much more preventable than an overdose. i know it can be hard to do so but people just need to reach out and get help when they really need it. I'm one of the lucky ones to not have lost anyone close to me from a drug related overdose or suicide. I hope that's something I never have to go through. If ANY of you are having suicidal thoughts, feel free to PM me if you ever need someone to talk to.

I find this thread very sad to read. I'm a recreational drug user and I've known a few people who have died from od and one person in particular who I liked greatly who died from an H overdose as the result of a slip during recovery about fifteen years ago. H devastated her and it's terrible that as she was turning the corner she left this world and her parents childless. She was a strong character and is missed greatly by her close friends and family alike I'm sure. I think of her from time to time and the potential she had that went unrealised. I can't bring myself to agree with the above comment though. Suicide is often the product of a long drawn out battle with depression be it drug induced or otherwise and a great deal of thought often goes into it. Overdose in my opinion is often a result of careless drug use rather than drug use per se (in these cases that is not to suggest those who od deserve their fate but rather that they bring it upon themselves to a degree). Sad as it is could anyone deny that this thread describes some drug users who would still be alive if they had used drugs more carefully? To me that makes overdose much more preventable than suicide though of course help is available for both depression and addiction and should be sought in either case. My thoughts go out to all those who have lost love ones to drugs in this thread and elsewhere. Be safe.

My mum, died 8/11/12 aged 54 from liver disease resulting from alcohol addiction, I miss you every day mum and I just wished I had one more day to spend with you and I wish I was able to do more to help you quit. Without you, I wouldn't be the person I am today, you did a fantastic job in raising 3 kids by yourself and sacrificed so much for us <3

Emma M. A friend of mine I met in Rehab. Died 31/08/2013 from a massive heartattack caused by her alcoholism. RIP Enile - I will miss you my dear friend - hope your up there playing with Mickey and hanging with your Nan.

Clay.. aw man. and holy, shit you are by no means the end and by no means the beginning.. pills and booze.. and my god this is a worldwide epidemic..
Sarah McLachlan - Angel <3

Tear.jpg

AND YET TOMORROW THERE WILL STILL BE AMAZING PEOPLE DYING OF THIS ALONE AND ASHAMED

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????...<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Last edited:
i actually think many overdoses are suicides, just disguised..rip to all these folks..