• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Rebirth (Archived 3-19-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
unbelievable

Oral dmt has to be one of the most amazing trips I've ever been on. Only thing that beats it is smoking dmt while on the oral. I saw molecules burst into existance before my eyes and take over my thoughts. I'd have brief moments of a thought only to be pulled back into quantum foam.

I've been thinking about it.
I'm terrible about putting anything into words though..
at the moment I am also still trying to get a better idea of what happened haha

if u let the memory sit its gonna fade and fast, as with most intense dmt experiences. U shuld totally post or PM a summary of what happened though, for curiosities sake & for 411 on the subject for future viewers?

psychedelicious said:
I did my extraction largely my bathroom, with an old hotsauce bottle and an empty milk jug (and of course the chemicals needed). It got me from raw plant material to sloppy crystals (they COULD be purified further, but I am blasting off just fine and without any harshness to the smoke without cleaning them up) in a couple hours. If anybody is interested, I will post the method I used or link to it if that's not kosher. Really simple, your grandma could do it. The worst part is finding the plant material you need, but the whole process is SO worth it.

You are officially my new favorite person on Bluelight. I tried the quicktek straight-to-base extraction and got jack all-- like, 50mg from 100g of bark. I had given up on it, and just assumed I had shitty bark, since I bought it pre-ground from a vendor I'd never heard of before because there was a bit of a savings over some other well-known sellers of entheogenic plants. I figured I'd just gotten fucked for being a cheapskate. :p

So I tried the tek you posted with 100g of my leftover bark. I got 500mg on the first pull. I assume I'll still get more on a second one, but I haven't done it yet. I'm too fucking psyched at having enough DMT that I can actually get something out of smoking it! I tried some earlier, and I'm left with questions.

I like to dive right into things, so I popped 100mg into my Machine (which I made from an airline bottle of Grand Marnier and some choreboy) and lit up. I heard crackling and popping... and really nothing. I got one lungful of smoke, and went somewhere, but really no higher than when I smoked 25mg or so from the first shitty extraction I did. There was amazingly little smoke. I got like one toke then nothing. Did I hold the lighter too close and torch my DMT?

I waited about an hour and thought about it, and decided maybe my smoking technique was shit. I loaded up 60mg, then held my lighter to the neck of the bottle in short bursts until the dmt sort of melted down into the choreboy, and THEN lit up and tried to sort of suck in hot air but not the flame. My lungs felt like they got hit with a hammer, and I looked down, and the bottle was full of smoke. I excitedly blew out my toke and took another, and got a second huge lungful, and then I was off to the races. I wouldn't call it a breakthrough, but it definitely felt like I had the universe shoved up my ass!

Does my smoking technique need work? This is really my first experience with smoking freebase. Could someone more knowledgeable post some tips at smoking spice out of a Machine so that a n00b like me can make sure he's not wasting any?

I'm almost afraid of the stuff now. I look at my Machine and get this nervous feeling in my stomach. ;) In a way I think I'm lucky that I burned most of that 100mg instead of smoking it! There was a cool moment where I looked into the pyrex pan I'd evapped the naptha in. There were white streaks and swirls from where bits of the oily spice had stuck to the pan, and it felt like I was staring into some kind of simulated picture of the Milky Way. Pretty appropriate given the effects of smoking the stuff.

Can you tell I'm excited?

I dosed 150 mg of my harmala alks at 11:30 pm (Looking back I could have possibly needed a little bit more)

After around 30 minutes and I was aware of the effect of the harmala I washed 60 mg of dmt down.

After about 45-60 minutes I knew I was definitely feeling the DMT.
I had been meditating in my bed this entire time to give my mind a clear jumping point.

At around 1 I layed down eyes closed lights off no music. I remember a few very distinct 'vision' sort of things happening during this.

The first vision I saw was my body laying on dirt. It was sort of like one of the very last scenes from the movie 'The Fountain' (amazing movie btw) where the conquistador has drank from the tree of life and he was becoming a part of the Earth. I was experiencing this except it was like patches of the earth were slowly falling in place over my body. I knew this was me becoming one with the living planet. I could feel myself joining it. I was not scared at all it was incredibly peaceful to be going through this. After I had fully joined with the earth I was just a large patch of grass.

I opened my eyes after this, holy shit. Closed my eyes again and after a brief interlude of thoughts, cue in the next vision. I was in this hallway full of doors, all closed. However, whenever I would start to think of something a door would fly open and inside of that door was the thought. Eventually I was able to have more than one door open at a time, thus more than one thought happening simultaneously. The most random thoughts such as recalling places I had been or things I had done. Was an incredibly cool experience.

After a while of this I open My eyes again, holyshit*2.

With my eyes open there was not entirely too much visual activity going on. Colors were great and edges were incredibly sharp.

It was at this point that I decided to give the smoked DMT a try. I had preloaded ~40 mg into my machine and had it sitting next to me. One hit was all I needed or wanted and this very powerful rushing sensation washed over my body as soon as I inhaled. I looked forward into the darkness and what I could only think of to be particles bursting into my visual field as well as my thoughts. My thoughts would not work as words anymore, that part of my ego was gone. It was taking over my entire experience. 'I' would briefly resurface and attempt to assess the situation, only to be pulled back under into the ocean of the DMT experience. I can't possibly think of words to describe it. Thinking back on it, it kind of reminds me of quantum mechanics and how with the uncertainty principle at incredibly small distances energy fluctuates and particles can rip into existence only to be destroyed again right away. It was as if I could see the universe at Planck length scale and observe the craziness.

I slowly came down and just sat in awe trying to figure out what I had been experiencing.

After this I turned on some soft ambient music and trailed off into mini dmt induced dreams that I can hardly recall. I remember moments of communicating with something or someone but have no clue what about.

Obyron said:
Does my smoking technique need work? This is really my first experience with smoking freebase. Could someone more knowledgeable post some tips at smoking spice out of a Machine so that a n00b like me can make sure he's not wasting any?

I'm still trying to perfect my machine smoking technique. I can blast other people off with perfection, one hit and they are soaring. But my big trips are really inconsistent because sometimes it seems like I do it right and sometimes it seems like I somehow just screw it up completely...well not completely, but there is minimal visual activity and mainly just body high.

When I light it for other people I hover it away for a sec and slowly move the flame closer to the point of touching the chore and move it around in circles.

But yea anyone else's technique is probably better than mine.

Glad you liked the tek, Obyron! I just did the second pull on my original 100 g of bark and my yield is looking to be very nice, nearly the same as the first pull.

pretty sweet, huh? =D

psychedelicious said:
Glad you liked the tek, Obyron! I just did the second pull on my original 100 g of bark and my yield is looking to be very nice, nearly the same as the first pull.

pretty sweet, huh? =D

do you re crystalize or wash your crystal after extraction?
If not i highly recomend you do so. Just pouring some water mixed with ammonia over your crystals while they are in a coffee filter will do the job. You will lose some of the weight but its probably worth it for your healths sake.

I can imagine there being lots of left over byproducts from the extraction (lye, naptha, useless oils and tannins from the bark)

<3

I shall try that with my next extraction. I just evaporated a naptha pull but left it on the stove for too long and the dmt nearly all just boiled away :! Imagine my surprise when I walked back into the kitchen and saw the dmt vapor rising steadily from the pyrex, DOH!!!

^^ Quick, start huffing! Waste not, want more! ;)

Delsyd said:
do you re crystalize or wash your crystal after extraction?

I didn't, but the stuff still works, and the smoke is smooth. However, I'm sure I'm probably not doing my lungs any favors. The color and consistency of my stuff is sort of like brown sugar, or damp sand. It's slightly brownish white, sticky, and clumps together. My only real objection to doing an ammonia wash is that getting the spice out of the coffee filter afterwards is a bit of a pain in the ass. I'm not worried about the weight, since I know pretty much anything I'm washing away is inactive, unless the desired effect is lung cancer!

Still no breakthrough, but I'm having a blast. I have a calendar up that has various "inspirational" pictures on it (it was free, and I needed a calendar). The current one is one of those cool mountain scenes where you can see the peaks rising up above the fog, and there are clouds in the background in a blue sky. Imagine my surprise when after a two big lungfuls of smoke, I can see the clouds drifting lazily... Serious medicine!

The spice must flow. ;)

I actually did trip a little on the vapor - all the naptha was gone and it was only the liquid DMT, boiling away :(

Liquid DMT is the liquid that separates from the naphtha after you have it evaping for a while, after you get rid of the naphtha should the DMT be in a liquid state or a solid? Perhaps water moisture gets into the solution and forms the separate drops in it?

if the dmt look like an oil, it's either diluted in other oils or just warm and in its liquid phase. toss some epsom salts in a bottle cap in your dish with dmt in it, cover and set in a cool place for an hour or so and everything should harden up into little crystals/solids of some sort

Great report Adrian! Mustve been some ride!
Or ascent even!
Ive sort of lost the courage to smoke anymore at the moment for some reason. But im interested in mild dose pharma to get my feet wet again. :)

I would just like to say that I sincerely miss extracting and that I hope it gets warm soon. No extracting in spaces without open windows... fumes = nasty headaches and lord only knows what else.

For those of you who also extract, How many pulls do you do and over how much time? In the past I have done anywhere from 3-10 pulls, noticing that heat definitly helps in the quantity yeilded with the last half of the pulls. Also what time frame do you do the pulls in? ie pull #1 day one.... #2 day two (of course tilting MUCHO inbetween) or do you pull various times in one day? I have my technique pretty much down, but Im just currious as to others techniques.

I make one pull and save my mimosa goop until I run of out spice, then do two or three more pulls and dump the goop into a leftovers jug. Eventually, I'll do a few pulls from the leftovers jug and hopefully make out with a decent yield... Anything usable I get from leftover goop is fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.