• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bromo-dragonfly scraps and bickering

"bromobenzo[1,2-b;4,5-b']" I don't even understand that... what the hell does a semicolon in the middle of a multi-cyclo notation mean? and the comma by the b?

Last edited:
you'll have to excuse me.. apparently, i had the wrong name for salvinorin-A... it will be edited out... here's the correct name for salvinorin-A:

(2S,4aR,6aR,7R,9S,10aS,10bR)- 9-(acetyloxy)-2-(3-furanyl)dodecahydro-6a,10b-dimethyl- 4,10-dioxo-2H-Naphtho[2,1-c]pyran-7-carboxylic acid, methyl ester

yea what happens when someone redoses after two hours cause they aren't tripping like they want to? is this going to be like STP in the 60s?

or worse....it gets sold as LSD and an experienced acid head drops a ten strip because thats his usual dose...

still very intruiged...

it would be great to see people not mislabeling psychedelics.
Selling acid, dragonfly, and 5 meo amt as what they actually are.

I hope you are right. I know for a fact that 5-me0-amt gets sold as LSD all the time.

as far as not eating lots of acid, well you can have massive respect for LSD and still want to eat a few ten strips. :p

Although i've only gotten to try 1mg of 2C-TFM one time, that stuff kicks in fast, it felt great, i'd rather take it over DOB anyday (but i was just very impressed with 1mg). I'm getting more of it and probably will try it out in 1-2 weeks at around 5mg, but if its as good as 'i hope' it is lol, I could see this one being put on blotter also, if its sold as what it is and not acid, could use a bigger piece of blotter (or whatever) to fit 2mg on each - since it would kick in fast (maybe faster if held in the mouth too) maybe it would be a "better" thing to be going around on blotter / less overdoses, duration not so long etc. I guess i'll find out when i get to taste a higher dose soon.

If this does become a trend, I hope that the DOM analogue makes an appearance, as DOM is definitely the one of best of the whole DOx series

Yeah thats the one I'm waiting for.

fastandbulbous said:
Due to it's very recent appearance, I'd say it's more likely that what you had was DOB or DOI, as you can get an active dose of them onto a blotter easily as well.

i considered the possibility of it being a DOx, but the come-up time, duration, and the dose/intensity curve didnt match up right for the DOx series

Shit. I can see this circulating on blotters?
This acid's not kicking in .. gimmie another... or 2... When do toxic effects start at what dosage?

Well, im not sure what exactly the chemical was, i just wrote a trip report on it, my first report (probably pretty shitty, sry, i wrote it with days of no sleep) So if you want to check it out to get the idea of the effects. I think the blotter was too small to be DOB, though i may be wrong, i kno it did have a bit of an amphetamine feel to it, and didnt feel very tryptamine.

With DOB, with me at least and others i know, usually i can feel something 20 mins after I take it, and it slowly builds up from there - unlike DOI which does take a couple hours before i even feel anything.

Just curious, but has anyone from the UK had blotter they thought had a good chance of being one of the dragonfly series?

Walkaway said:
SWIM found bromo-dragonfly to be energetic, colorful, and long-lived. Though lacking in the narrative qualities of LSD or psilocin, the experience had a volitional character which SWIM found absolutely delightful.

Good stuff, I hear - and SWIM tends to be a snob about these things.

SWIM didn't care about the possible dangers when SWIM took this substance? I thought SWIM didn't like taking most of the newer designer drugs because of their inferior characters? ;)

Just joshing ya, sounds interesting.

> SWIM didn't care about the possible dangers when SWIM took
> this substance?

SWIM certainly did, and was quite alert for them; however, based on reading and various whispers SWIM had been hearing around the community for years, SWIM felt that it was quite definitely worth a taste.

> I thought SWIM didn't like taking most of the newer designer drugs
> because of their inferior characters?

True, SWIM is a snob about these things, and isn't very interested in many of the subtle variations on themes - but then again, bromo-dragonFLY isn't most of the newer designer drugs, and certainly doesn't have an inferior character.

> Just joshing ya, sounds interesting

:)

SWIM found it very interesting, and thought it to be perhaps best suited to a hike or an outdoor festival. SWIM experienced no GI pains or any other disquieting effects.

^ What, bromo-dragonfly?

The only thing it has in common with mescaline (other than being a psychedelic) is that it's based on the phenethylamine skeleton. Bromo-dragonfly is definitely not made from mescaline