• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drugs and Music Mega Thread

When I’m high on DXM (high end of 2nd plat and up) Audioslave, Alice In Chains and Corrosion Of Comformity. Any drugs Clutch, Tool and some Hollywood Undead.

The original is good too

Lemon Jelly - Nervous Tension: http://youtu.be/yI0L3EfpTSE

I like listening to this track after I've blown/eaten painkillers but they've yet to kick. When they do I move onto tracks like Come or Space Walk. I am probably LJ's biggest fan; IMO they don't really make bad tracks.

Yess lemon jelly ftw, they really dont make bad tracks.

[video]https://youtu.be/LcX-CbjCzHo[/video]

I?m pretty high and since I just wrote a pretty lengthy journal piece about music, J feel like giving this a genuine response. Stylistically, it varies greatly. I love anything inventive, and I especially appreciate when artists balance the elements of ethereal complexity of novel chord voicings and delicate harmonies, and the elements of strong rhythm, being both complex AND, most importantly, being danceable. Having given an over-the-top explanation, here are some of the artists I feel that greatly greatly enhance, and are greatly enhanced by, drugs. I?ll list what drugs they pair well with IMO.

Tipper: Basically anything; he?s got a record for essentially any mood, if you havent got around to checking him out, his is one of the most masterful bodies of work in all of electronic music, in my opinion. His sounds are notoriously ?wet? seem to sound like living organisms, ranging from a rhythmically conscious planet taking shape, to animals, to sentient machinery or the inner workings of a supercomputer.

Aphex Twin: Similarly to Tipper, Aphex Twin goes well with just about any drug you would take to enhance the experience of music. Aphex Twin was probably the first, and arguably the most innovative, true experimentalist of electronic dance music. His early work was very lo-fi and simple, charecterized by hypnotic pads and dreamy, quirky melodies, juxtaposed by some very eclectic, sometimes very conflictingly uptempo 808/909 Drum Machine loops, not uncommonly with some 303 basslines. This resulted in a very psychedelic minimal experimentalism, and I love to listen to his Selected Ambient Works when I?m high ln just about anything. His whole catalog is genius in my opnion.

Do Make Say Think: They?re a favorite live band to see or listen to when I?m stoned or on opioids. Saw them on MDMA and they had a great vibe to dance to with my partner at the time. They play beautiful, jazz and folk-inspired post-rock that?s very emotive and lavishly arranged. Sometimes they play very psychedelic music but for the most part their guitarists use very few, if any, guitar effects. The psychedelia just comes from the way they play with tension.

Papadosio: They?re a jam band with space rock and electronic elements. They definitely stand out in the sea of jam bands around these days. Their shows are so much fun, I love to dance to their sets all night after eating some LSD or MDMA. I even love just getting baked at home and listening to them.

Lemon Jelly: Opiates and Weed. It?s just happy, groovy music. It?s electronic music, but samples so much classic rock and pop, that its hard to call electronic music, or anything else at all for the matter. It?s very easy to listen to and has a gently dreamy quality. IMO perfect opiate music.

Grateful Dead: I?m not sure I need to explain this. Seeing them live is a psychedelic experience in of itself. I?m sire a whole lot of people on this site have seen Dead & Co, The Dead, one the many reincarnations of dead that have come about the last 24 years, or for some other older BLers, perhoas even the Grateful Dead. To those of you who haven?t, I?m sure you?ve heard, and though it may sound like it?s overhyped, even if you?ve hearz the music, but their sure isnot sonethjng that the music can shkw justice. I kove all of thefmir music, save for a small handfull of tracks, but seeing them live was just as psychedelic as taking LSD for my first time, and all I took at the show was a few hits from a joint that was passed to me, and a glass of wine.

Thievery Corporation: Just very chill music. Samples come from a plethora of global sources, ranging from jazz, to indian music, to dub/reggae, french pop, african music, brazilian music, etc., etc., just super chill global fusion on a dubby trip hop and acid jazz format. Their music was played in my bouse growing up, when I first started really getting to music.

Black Moth Super Rainbow: classic, very typical of my early taste in music while First experimenting with drugs. This band is many things, most off all it is hard to describe, although it is tied to a base sound of analog, dreamy experimentalist pop. A favorite for home-listening with weed, ketamine, LSD, opiates or even benzos.

Animal Collective: My first LSD trip kicked in to my first time listening to AC, their 2009 album Merriweather Post Pavilion”. Beach Boys’ vocal harmonies over incredibly eclectic musical styles. Very noisey, dreamy, and experimental. No way to describe them beyond that. Goes great with cannabis, mushrooms, fly agaric, ketamine, LSD, meScaline, etc.

Tool: Another one that lacks need for explanation. Just a great “metal” band. I love that they make uniquely psychedelic music but also have the ability to get heavy as fuck. I love listening to them while opiated and stoned. Combined with those drugs Tool puts me into a deep trance

Snarky Puppy: ultimate jazz fusion! Amazing live, MDMA or weed.

PS ketamine goes great with almost all electronic music and a lot of psychedelic rock.

Last edited: