• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drugs and Music Mega Thread

Headphones or a very good stereo system. Also a nice sativa or Indica sativa mix helps. :) I also can prefer listening to purely instrumental music too.

NodFest said:
Go on a blunt cruise with someone who has a absurd system(Bass is the shiz). When I get superbaked and listen to Lil Wayne I always have this reoccuring image of him playing a concert in my head. maybe this will help. Not sure what music you listen to but this song below is one that puts me on another planet.

-Tiesto-Do U Want(Max Graham After Hours Mix)

Hahaha it's funny you would mention going on a cruise... I actually JUST put about $1200 into an audio system for my car and have yet to take it for blunt ride. Definitely stoked about that :) The first time I ever smoked, the most stoned I have ever been by far, I was listening to the Mars Volta and closed my eyes and got those same type images! It was them playing in concert, and the music sounded so rich and vibrant... ahh those were the days lol. Oh and do you have a source that I could d/l that song from? I live in a dorm and can't use limewire :-(

TheHorrorHooligan said:
Headphone DEFINITELY help, the really big ones that cover your ears completely. I always smoke and listen to classical music or rap, I love it. But yeah man, smoking less helps, it's kinda like having a girlfriend, when you only see her like two or three times a week, it's better than seeing her EVERYDAY and doing the same shit because you just get used to it and it gets boring.

Yeah I actually used to use those bigger studio type headphones, but I found these Skullcandy earbuds that were only like 10 bucks and are AMAZING! Although maybe I'll try going back to others and see what I think. And I love the girlfriend metaphor! (Or is it a simile? lol) Definitely true! I hadn't thought of it that way.

I just got a new sound system in my room, nothing fancy really, but it's a step up from what I had. I find they best thing to do is to sit on the floor and angle the speakers directly at me with the bass and volume turned up absurdly loud.

Throw on some Tool, Melon, STS9, or Jeezy and I'm set. I do find it refreshing to change artists or albums every time.

definitely using headphones... pref Bose... rave/techno does it for me

Olyn said:
I just got a new sound system in my room, nothing fancy really, but it's a step up from what I had. I find they best thing to do is to sit on the floor and angle the speakers directly at me with the bass and volume turned up absurdly loud.

Throw on some Tool, Melon, STS9, or Jeezy and I'm set. I do find it refreshing to change artists or albums every time.

Please recommend me some Tool songs!!!! I have not been able to get into them for the life of me. But whenever I tell people the kind of stuff I listen to they always recommend Tool haha...

But yeah, changing it up is key for me. I remember my friend laughing at me for making a mix that had Bach, Atmosphere, John Coltrane, and The Mars Volta back to back lol.

I cannot wait to try out my car stereo stoned... I jammed out the entire 3 hour drive back to school this weekend with it practically shaking the car lol... its pretty much perfect for any kind of music, but trance and rap sounded fucking FANTASTIC

Best recmomendation I can give is dont listen to anyting punky or emo or any of that shit, lay on your bed on a sunny day

Glasseyeball Many times I will experience a phenomenon where all the components of the music (instruments and vocals) will become one said:
I get this almost everytime i listen to music with my headphones on, sometimes it makes music so amazing, and other times it makes a song i like become annoying because of the little things i notice

Either way i love it!

get any of those sound isolation bud headphones. they're cheap!

as a jazz musician i can always get 'in between' the notes when i'm high. its a beautiful thing to just close your eyes and listen to music when you're really really high.

The Disco Biscuits,STS9,Hallucinogen,Infected Mushroom,Astral Projection.

----> drug culture

headphones are nice but you don't get the real character of bass that way.. bass is something you need to feel with your whole body

When on any psychedelic I absolutely love the Daft Punk Alive 2007 album, I tripped on some acid this weekend and after smoking a fat blunt spent 4 hours with my noise canceling headphones on experiencing the most amazing color synthesisia. The thumping bass in my ears brought me into another world =D

smoke alot of dro and listen to cowboys from hell really loud.

:)

when i'm tripping and music sounds insane i like to put on a hoody and hook up my headphones and close my eyes and zone to infected mushroom. so, you gotta prolly look beyond smoking weed if you wanna get the full music thang going.

I find that when high, music has an even more pronounced effect on changing my perception of my environment than when sober. For instance, I'll be driving stoned (stupid, I know) and put on Explosions in the Sky or some classical, and instantly everything looks more vibrant, more colorful, etc... On the other hand, if I pop in Between The Buried And Me or some heavier shit, everything seems somehow more sinister or has a 'darker' feeling. I experience these things normally, but to nowhere near the degree as when I'm high.

It's a fun thing to play with!

Glasseyeball said:
I'm a musician and a music lover, and one of the main reasons I smoke the herb is to hear music in a different way. Many times I will experience a phenomenon where all the components of the music (instruments and vocals) will become one, and blend into a beautiful soundscape of auditory pleasure, which is an amazing experience! Other times, I can hear distinct patterns in the music that I had never heard before, or maybe a combination of certain sounds that I will hear in a different way than ever before. Or I will even zone in on a certain instrument or idea that is in the music and completely forget about everything else.

All of these are so rewarding and make for such an interesting experience, but I find that lately I am not experiencing these effects near as much. One thing I noticed is that if I am laying in bed, lights out, with no other distracting factors, I will experience these effects much more (which is pretty obvious). But at the same time, even when I do that, I don't get the mindblowing changes in perception that I used to. Will simply taking a break from smoking help? I am about a week and a half into a month-long hiatus from weed, so I'm hoping that will do the trick. But other than that, does anyone have any ideas as to how to maximize my music listening experience? Or does anyone else get high mainly for this purpose? What specific effects to you look for or experience during this?

you've already got it right, laying in bed, lights out, no distractions is the way to go. the only other thing i can recommend is going out in nature with an ipod/cd player, headphones, a pillow and a picnic blanket (unless you don't mind just laying on the earth). this allows for you to open your eyes because the beauty of nature only adds to the experience (whereas indoors, you must block out all light because nothing inside is as pretty as things are outside).

I'll list some of my favorite substances to use while listening to music, and then some of my least favorite substances.

DXM All complex music (such as pink floyd for example) will sound dull and boring, and you might even forget you are listening to music. I find the best music to listen to while on DXM is anything with a good beat and lots of bass. Electronic/Trance/Dance

Amphetamine: Simply put, EVERYTHING sounds better on amphetamine. Especially bands where the instruments synch together very well (70s pink floyd, Rush, etc.) Complex rock tunes are very fun to listen to.

However, dopamine re-uptake inhibitors (cocaine, methylphenidate) doesn't really do the trick for me. My OCD seems to go into overdrive when I'm on methylphenidate and I can never just sit still and enjoy my music, or I'm always too paranoid and nervous to enjoy music.

Tryptamines (LSD, AMT, psyclobin) Almost all music sounds beautiful on these, just nothing too scary or loud sounding. Peaceful songs with good guitar and rhythm are a must.

Benzos and anything GABAnergic: Simply put, music SUCKS while on these.

Opiates: In smaller doses music sounds wonderful, in higher doses you might just be too high to even care that you are listening to music, or too high to even care about anything for that matter. My favorite tracks for opiates are Breathe and Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

2pac said:
Best recmomendation I can give is dont listen to anyting punky or emo or any of that shit, lay on your bed on a sunny day

I think thats good advice 24/7.
just my $0.02