Metallica - One (guitar solo is INSANE)
Nirvana - Drain you
Aerosmith - Sweet emotion
Led Zep - Whole Lotta Love
Pink Floyd - Breath (made for tripping)
Hendrix - Voodoo Chile

Oh here's a great one....

Incubus - Aqueous Transmission

If you've never heard that song get it.. seriously. Throwing that on when ur tripping balls can be unreal.

Daft punk's homework, while walking, doing drugs. id have to say the two songs on it "around the world" and "Da funk" are my faves

gah, what kind of psycho listens to just one single song from "Dark Side of the Moon"?

americans?

still the live P.U.L.S.E version of Comfortably Numb is so, so, so fucking beautiful....

i also like to listen to whole albums of Tool, Infected Mushroom, Radiohead, Blur, Gorillaz, Opeth, Nine Inch Nails, Hendrix, etc.

I like to listen to Armin Van Buren when I'm tripping

Last edited:
if there's one survey of opinions on music that are cliche, this thread is it. I have come to the conclusion that most people who are very into drugs have bad taste in music.

I listen to the same music regardless of mental state.

holy shit, someone mentioned operation ivy. I love those guys. Must go listen now. Thanks.

I just listen to stuff that I like, and it sounds better. I don't listen to stuff that would typically go with any sort of high, but I still like it.

Burzum
Acid Bath
Arsis
Bethlehem
Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Destruction
Sodom
Decapitated
Depeche Mode
Immortal
Gorgoroth
Mayhem
Devourment

Just some stuff I like to listen to high or sober.

Last edited:
kultron said:
I have come to the conclusion that most people who are very into drugs have bad taste in music.

Good thing that's just like, your opinion, man...

But seriously, I feel like music is one of those "whatever floats your boat" type of things. If someone enjoys a certain type of music than good for them. It may make your ears bleed, but its not "bad" as you put it. I don't think someone can really have "bad taste in music". It may be different than yours, but that doesn't make it bad.

Have Drugs influenced your Musical Taste?

Hi all,

I've recently started taking MDMA and have already tried LSD. Since my first time taking MDMA i've found that music tastes have changed slightly... 8o

Initially i used to listen to rock and trance (vocal and progressive mainly) and now i'm finding myself listneing to hard trance / happy hardcore even ... =D

I figure since i'm a relatively new user i can't open a poll - Am I the only one who has experienced these music taste changes brought on by drukz or does anyone have any feedback to share? :)

to me, there are two ways mdma can be taken

- ultimate euphoria

- a kind of deeper trance-like euphoria. .

neither is 'better' or 'worse'. ..
but I find that different styles are tailored to the 2 different mdma experiences - eg happy hardcore, ultimate euphoria and sensory overload

progressive trance - deeper, slowly building. . .subtle. . yet with its own unique energy and power.

You need to do a search newbie. There is a drugs and music megathread in Drug Culture. I merge for you.

Shift in music taste

Hi Euphoricnod,

Yeah i did do a search but my apologies for starting a new thread. I should have figured this one already exists. :eek:

Although from what i've read this thread is just about what music people like listening to which is cool but ...

My question was has anyone found a distinct change in their taste in music since their first psychedelic, MDMA (any drug) experience and what music did you shift from and to? =D

Its cool man, we have mega threads because otherwise Drug Culture gets crowded and ucky.

skinny puppy, download, NIN, boards of canada, aphex twin, dream theater, Stanton Warriors

My two musical loves are the Grateful Dead and the Velvet Underground.

Guess what my two drug loves are.

And no, it's not about the drugs. It's about music. But they fit together so beautifully.

Maximizing your music listening experience while high

I'm a musician and a music lover, and one of the main reasons I smoke the herb is to hear music in a different way. Many times I will experience a phenomenon where all the components of the music (instruments and vocals) will become one, and blend into a beautiful soundscape of auditory pleasure, which is an amazing experience! Other times, I can hear distinct patterns in the music that I had never heard before, or maybe a combination of certain sounds that I will hear in a different way than ever before. Or I will even zone in on a certain instrument or idea that is in the music and completely forget about everything else.

All of these are so rewarding and make for such an interesting experience, but I find that lately I am not experiencing these effects near as much. One thing I noticed is that if I am laying in bed, lights out, with no other distracting factors, I will experience these effects much more (which is pretty obvious). But at the same time, even when I do that, I don't get the mindblowing changes in perception that I used to. Will simply taking a break from smoking help? I am about a week and a half into a month-long hiatus from weed, so I'm hoping that will do the trick. But other than that, does anyone have any ideas as to how to maximize my music listening experience? Or does anyone else get high mainly for this purpose? What specific effects to you look for or experience during this?

Music while high is the shit, things I do to maximaize the experience involve keeping me on my toes. I try to switch up songs and not play the same song or album every time i'm high. I also find that somethimes headphones enhance the experience and sometimes pumping my speakers while on my bed is better it just depends. Switch genre's of music. Close your eyes. Go on a blunt cruise with someone who has a absurd system(Bass is the shiz). When I get superbaked and listen to Lil Wayne I always have this reoccuring image of him playing a concert in my head. maybe this will help. Not sure what music you listen to but this song below is one that puts me on another planet.

-Tiesto-Do U Want(Max Graham After Hours Mix)

Headphone DEFINITELY help, the really big ones that cover your ears completely. I always smoke and listen to classical music or rap, I love it. But yeah man, smoking less helps, it's kinda like having a girlfriend, when you only see her like two or three times a week, it's better than seeing her EVERYDAY and doing the same shit because you just get used to it and it gets boring.