• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drugs and Music Mega Thread

Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin II(the Brown album), Future Sounds of London, Richie Hawtin (or other minimal techno)...that is what I spent most of my time listening to.

Pretty much anything is good....but I really recommend the brown album.

Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here, Animals, DSoTM, and most importantly, Meddle. The Wall could be interesting too, if I can focus on the plot), Led Zeppelin (II and IV, as well as Achilles Last Stand), maybe some Hendrix if I feel like jamming, select Tool songs, some Neil Young and Rush.

All those apply for weed as well, but what I find especially good on weed and MDMA + a psychedelic as well is some shoegaze. My Bloody Valentine is excellent, as well as this band Airiel you can hear on iTunes. My favourites by them are Liquid Paper and Sharron Apple.

Last edited:
whenever i am on psychedelics i just listen to the music i love the most. i personally have a better time listening to music i know all the little intricate parts too rather than something i have never heard before.

IME Radiohead and Aphextwin go great together with Acid, they set a very intresting atmosphere and can help some very feeling strong, lucid like, feelings, arise. Proggresive rock too, shit like Pink Floyd, Yes, Jethro tull, even Genesis can take you to some cool paces, very diffrent then ambient/elctro stuff though.

Other Random suggestions: Miles Davis - Bitches Brew, Mr. Bungle - California, Tool - Lateralus, and some Zappa for some good, though not very introspective, fun time.

I'm always at home listening to the dead while tripping. nothing beats a great Playin' jam, or an otherworldly Dark Star. and ofcourse psychedelic classics like Floyd, zeppelin.

^kudos on the bitches brew, but even better IMO is miles' In a Silent way.... very ambiant, transcendental, cerebral

Medeski Martin and wood are awesome

Herbie Hancock- sextant, one of his lesser known albums, a psychedelic MASTERPIECE

i agree that almost any music is suitable for tripping, it just depends what youre into. listening to music is kind of a psychedelic expirience itself, even if youre not trippin, maaan haha

Although I don't really care about most music on acid until I start seeing sound, I've found that Kanye West's--Last call track I get REALLY into it. Also, Lupe Fiasco--Kick Push II and Cascada's--Can't stop the rain and Kids in america... Anything with a lot of visual discriptors get me.

On another note we have a thread for drugs and music. This has to be merged in. So sorry. We have mega threads like that to reduce clutter. We let this one sit out up top longer than most!

Be happy

:)

Favorite music when tripping?

What are some of your favorite songs/artists to listen to while tripping? Mine are pretty generic, "White Rabbit", Pink Floyd, Dylan, Neil Young....What do you guys like?

anything by the grateful dead. especially darkstar or wharfrat. I also love my live phish cd

u guys have some good ones i also like Tool, Buckethead (obviously), Radiohead, and some good old Stevie Ray Vaughn... Love the deep blues he plays and he murdered voodoo chile!

A few recommandations:

Aphex twin - any album
Mr.bungle - California
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Radiohead - Kid a
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones

Happy tripping;)

Echoing the Dead nods. When "Brown Eyed Women" comes on every single hair on my body stands up, my temples enter massage-mode and this incredible pure energy flows and pulsates throughout my whole body. For some reason I always end up on the ground with my ear to the speaker. Maybe I should invest in some head phones. Speaking of headphones: The album Animals by Pink Floyd. Nuff said....