does marinol make you high?

RANDOMNAME1

Ex-Bluelighter
well i have some im just wondering if you can really get high on it
thanks for answers.

Some people get REAL stoned on it.

Others get pretty High on it.

Some get almost nothing at all.

i read somewhre that it i possible to get high off of it but u need a lot of em and the high is kind of different from a normal cannabis high.

I have no expirence with this, but am curious as to what they commonly perscribe it for?

They prescribe it to people who don't have an appetite. Usually cancer patients I think.

used to increase appetite and decrease nausea mostly for cancer patients going through chemotherapy.

All they ever did to me was make me somewhat stoned and sleepy. Kind of like weak, shitty, bud.

I beg to differ.

Marinol is simply JUST THC. No other cannabinoids are in it.

The high is so clean and cerebral that sometimes you forget you're even high. It's like the most clean buzz but it doesn't make you very "stoned".

More like real high.

If I smoke on top of marinol, it gets me REAL high. Without the added pot/other cannibinoids, it is a very subtle, but long-lasting, high.

killo said:
I beg to differ.

Marinol is simply JUST THC. No other cannabinoids are in it.

The high is so clean and cerebral that sometimes you forget you're even high. It's like the most clean buzz but it doesn't make you very "stoned".

More like real high.

You gotta respect that sometimes people just want to sit down and chill out. I enjoy THC and other cannabinoids together.

I've read a lot of posts about how marinol does nothing but that is so far from the truth in my case. First off... I do not smoke pot and have only tried it one time, when I was very drunk already. I remember it doing nothing to me. Yesterday my friend gave me four marinol 5mg pills. I took one in the morning with some food and tea. Nothing was happening so an hour later I took another one. Four hours later, nothing was happening. So I call my friend and tell him and he says I should take the two at the same time... so I did. About an hour later the paranoid thoughts started to creep up on me, an hour after that I was in total panic. I couldn't focus on a positive thought and I felt crazy. I could only see the negative in everything and I was calling my friends trying to get some help. I was alone when I took it, btw. So marinol may have no effect on someone who smokes pot regularly but for me, it made me completely nuts. I wanted to post this to warn people out there. Has anyone had a similar experience w/ marinol?

how are all you guys able to get marinol in the first place? not asking for sources per say, but i mean damn we're talking about a pretty serious medicine prescribed for cancer patients. I hate to think of the cancer patients suffering without their medicine

hmm...
4449picture2Upload.jpg

Ive heard anecdotally (via erowid) that the gelcap marinols (I dont know how they're manufactured now...) could be cracked open onto plant material and smoked similarly to cannabis, but that the high achieved, though subjectively better than simply orally ingesting marinol, was very predictable and uninteresting, which they attributed to the presence of only THC versus the whole array of cannabinoids.

theworks said:
how are all you guys able to get marinol in the first place? not asking for sources per say, but i mean damn we're talking about a pretty serious medicine prescribed for cancer patients. I hate to think of the cancer patients suffering without their medicine

In Texas people can get it at old people homes/medical shit.

Austin, TX that is even though it's illegal. You can't even legally have it and yet people are given it, odd!

This thread has been going on for too long or am i just fucked it keeps coming up....

NO marinol does not get you high and i dont give a fuck what anyone says... consult your local pediatrician if you dont believe me! Marinol gives you some of the positive side effects of marijuana like increased appetite but it doesnt make you feel stoned.

Why cant people google or even wikipedia this shit...