• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom withdrawal?

Have you ever had any bad experiences with Kratom? Was stopping it's use very hard for you?

I Really enjoy a combo of Kratom and Nicotine in the form of English snuff (My favorite ROA for tobacco). Do you have any Kratom combo's?

I definitely will get a little sleep trouble when I don't use kratom, but nothing extreme. I've heard that Phenibut helps a lot with that anyways.

Oh and that's pretty cool about the health benefits. I was a little worried because the amount of leaf powder needed daily is at a level where it's literally a part of my diet. I wish I new if it counted as a serving of veggies :)

I've never had any bad experiences with Kratom, apart from projectile vomitting once or twice when I was just too hungover after a few days bingeing on booze, psychadelics and stims. But it was a quick clean spew and made me feel great.

Stopping it's use was quite difficult, im not gonna lie. But it was difficult mainly because I had incorporated it into every part of my life. I would wake up to 10g, have another dose before meeting friends, a dose in work, a dose before, during and after everything so it was more the habit that was hard to break. I was doing at least half a kilo a month (often 60g a day).
I loved the stuff....it helped give me the confidence and eloquence that I once had before I was struck down by manic depression and paranoid anxiety.

If you ever have trouble with withdrawals then get yourself some "XX w/d formula" from tyler at ktbotanicals. Wonderfully effective.
RAGGA RAGGA's WITHDRAWAL PROGRAM BY A4 (if need be ;)): Phenibut, fruit/veg, XX w/d formula, exercise and good sleep/rest. You may even try Stem Powder which isn't really potent enough to give a decent high or contribute to withdrawals, but it CAN be pretty great at relieving withdrawals.

I don't smoke tobacco as a solitary habit, but on Kratom, there is nothing better than a few rollups, man. It gives me an insatiable hunger for nicotine for some reason.
Decent combo's: Wine (especially Blue Lotus Wine if you buy some BL) is fantastic at potentiating Kratom. When you are coming up/peaking, have a glass of wine.
Magnesium and White Grapefruit Juice can potentiate it also.
Kratom is FANTASTIC to take whilst at the peak of an LSD trip.
It is an AMAZING hangover/comedown cure.

I always thought that at the end of the day, its a nutritious leaf of a tree and contains a cuntload of fibre, vitamins and nutrients. There was a point where I literally was only eating a couple peices of fruit a day alongside 50 odd grams a day. Still in great health :)

I used to have an opiate habit and have to say there is a huge difference between Opiates and Kratom not to say that there are no similarities. But I really feel kratom enhances my life where as opiates consume it.

The primary active alkaloids in Kratom are 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine which are both opiates. 7-h-m is actually 20 times stronger than morphine.

I wouldn't say there is a huge difference ;) the only reason you like kratom more is a built in safety mechanism of only being able to swallow so much powdered plant.

The primary active alkaloids in Kratom are 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine which are both opiates. 7-h-m is actually 20 times stronger than morphine.

The 2 indole alkaloids you mentioned are opioid agonists, not derived from the Papaver Somniferum plant and therefore not true opiates.

Kratom is a complex plant in it's makeup and can only be marginally juxtaposed with morphine, as it contains at least 28 (ox)indoles/alkaloids that we know of, each one contributing to it's diverse and varied effect. Saying it is 20 times stronger than morphine is entirely useless given the subjective nature of experiencing the psychoactive effects of these alkaloids.

I've used heroin a good number of times, morphine, had an addiction to poppies and certainly had my fair share of other opiates but Kratom gives a much more distinct high and I would say the only real similarities, subjectively speaking, are the relaxed care-free attitude one can achieve with opiates and opioid-like agonists in Kratom. Just as a sidenote, for me, Kratom is infinitely better than opiates....but each have their place and it depends on personal preference of course :)

I had a Kratom plant .. once upon a time :(

What happened to it man? I intend on growing as soon as I can.

Hey whats up,
well i consider myself a Kratlom lover too :)

I justed wanted to ask you:

There are a shit-ton of health benefits with Kratom ....

Where did u get this information, is there any source for this or a link you might have?

Otherwise it would just sound like something to make your addiction to it "benificial" if you know what i mean :)

Have a good night

My brother started on the occasional uei mixes (roughly 20% uei), for a few months, then went to straight uei. He got to the point to where he felt like shit after about 8 hours of his last dose, so he did the sensible thing, dose again of course. Well, his tolerance sky rocketed like expected by us both, but he had the money and loved the way it made him feel, more so in the beginning at least. When he managed to moderate his use, and withdraw for a little while, the first doses really made him feel like everything was right (euphoria). It gave his tons of motivation to get things done and made him score high on his college exams, which were tough. It improved his normally bland personality 10 fold and made his a very charming guy. No one ever suspected a thing but it ended up costing him over $40-50 per day towards the end, using it almost daily for nearly a year. Of course it didn't cost that much in the beginning or middle but still a ton of money blew on this shit.

A few times he did quit C/T after heavy use and quickly of course could not stand the w/d and caved. He'd proceed to order an overnight fedex package containing his needed fix. He claims the withdrawals were absolutely unbearable, worst being restless legs, endless insomnia, cold but very sweaty, time passing ridiculously slow, anxiety, depression, some vomiting, can't hold down food, etc, etc. So after talking about it and with our research, he finally got some sense and tapered to just enhanced bali and then just powdered leaf, all steps taking less than a week, then jumped but had an arsenal of clonidine, valium, immodium, hot baths, l-tyrosine, vitamins, etc, etc. Looking back, he says he feels like a lil bitch since withdrawal was fairly easy and short term, like 3 days after jumping and he was back to baseline. He says he has CT off of short-term binges of hydros and oxys with no taper, and just "felt like shit" for a couple days. But the kratom w/d caught him off guard initially, but in the end he concludes that it isn't so awful if you taper just a lil bit.

Healthwise, kratom (powered leaf at least) has provided mass fiber and that is clear from hearing how regular he says he was at least. He also noticed that several warts on his fingers and toes which were growing to the point of him hiding them with band-aids. The ones on his toes made it painful to walk. He says that about 1 month after starting kratom, they almost fully cured, or went dormant or w/e, being viral, but are completely gone visually. This could just be a coincidence in my opinion, but he claims that there might be some kind of immune system boost or something provided by kratom since he changed nothing else at the time.

To this day, he has been off kratom for about 6 months. He doesn't consider using it again because he pretty much avoids costly habits since he thinks they aren't worth it. At least the uei and maybe tincture mixed with uei he liked a lot, but it still cost too much. He even said he thinks opiates would be a better option if he had to choose since it takes less to get high and they typically last longer. But he claims to have tried everything except dilaudid and fentanyl and kratom at the right dose and extract made him feel better than anything else he's tried, opioid wise.

My brother started on the occasional uei mixes (roughly 20% uei), for a few months, then went to straight uei. He got to the point to where he felt like shit after about 8 hours of his last dose, so he did the sensible thing, dose again of course. Well, his tolerance sky rocketed like expected by us both, but he had the money and loved the way it made him feel, more so in the beginning at least. When he managed to moderate his use, and withdraw for a little while, the first doses really made him feel like everything was right (euphoria). It gave his tons of motivation to get things done and made him score high on his college exams, which were tough. It improved his normally bland personality 10 fold and made his a very charming guy. No one ever suspected a thing but it ended up costing him over $40-50 per day towards the end, using it almost daily for nearly a year. Of course it didn't cost that much in the beginning or middle but still a ton of money blew on this shit.

A few times he did quit C/T after heavy use and quickly of course could not stand the w/d and caved. He'd proceed to order an overnight fedex package containing his needed fix. He claims the withdrawals were absolutely unbearable, worst being restless legs, endless insomnia, cold but very sweaty, time passing ridiculously slow, anxiety, depression, some vomiting, can't hold down food, etc, etc. So after talking about it and with our research, he finally got some sense and tapered to just enhanced bali and then just powdered leaf, all steps taking less than a week, then jumped but had an arsenal of clonidine, valium, immodium, hot baths, l-tyrosine, vitamins, etc, etc. Looking back, he says he feels like a lil bitch since withdrawal was fairly easy and short term, like 3 days after jumping and he was back to baseline. He says he has CT off of short-term binges of hydros and oxys with no taper, and just "felt like shit" for a couple days. But the kratom w/d caught him off guard initially, but in the end he concludes that it isn't so awful if you taper just a lil bit.

Healthwise, kratom (powered leaf at least) has provided mass fiber and that is clear from hearing how regular he says he was at least. He also noticed that several warts on his fingers and toes which were growing to the point of him hiding them with band-aids. The ones on his toes made it painful to walk. He says that about 1 month after starting kratom, they almost fully cured, or went dormant or w/e, being viral, but are completely gone visually. This could just be a coincidence in my opinion, but he claims that there might be some kind of immune system boost or something provided by kratom since he changed nothing else at the time.

To this day, he has been off kratom for about 6 months. He doesn't consider using it again because he pretty much avoids costly habits since he thinks they aren't worth it. At least the uei and maybe tincture mixed with uei he liked a lot, but it still cost too much. He even said he thinks opiates would be a better option if he had to choose since it takes less to get high and they typically last longer. But he claims to have tried everything except dilaudid and fentanyl and kratom at the right dose and extract made him feel better than anything else he's tried, opioid wise.
Well thats just silly, using UEI high end extracts that much and its asking for trouble.

Have you ever had any bad experiences with Kratom?

Yes one time i took kratom and washed it down with hella alchohol (this was one of my first times) and right after that my friend told me kratom + achohol is bad 99% of the time. So i smoked hella weed and washed some more kratom down with more alchohol and smoked hella more weed. 5 hours into a sick high later i threw up hella. i wasnt even in the bathroom xD, i threw up in a cup and it overflowed

edit: the weed made it longer b4 i threw up and gave me a better high

uei kratom and tinctures wow thats a expensive habit your brother had there pal i have treated myself too uei occasionally and i agree its a lovely extract and equals any morphine dia morphine or pod tea that i have taken since morphine is so hard to get hold of nowadays i have settled with pod tea its the cheapest option with a rewarding high kratom is way too expensive and the withdrawals are like you described underrated

Agreed. Most bang for ur buck I think. Anyone know bout kratom being effective while on suboxone?
I doubt that Kratom would elicit any response when taken with suboxone/subutex. Buprenorphine binds very strongly to a variety of different opoid receptors including those that the different alkaloids of Kratom show activity against. I would suggest to try and ditch the Sub and give Kratom a shot as a substitute. It has done wonders for a number of people and is most likely easier on your body than buprenorphine.

Yes one time i took kratom and washed it down with hella alchohol (this was one of my first times) and right after that my friend told me kratom + achohol is bad 99% of the time. So i smoked hella weed and washed some more kratom down with more alchohol and smoked hella more weed. 5 hours into a sick high later i threw up hella. i wasnt even in the bathroom xD, i threw up in a cup and it overflowed

edit: the weed made it longer b4 i threw up and gave me a better high

Anything is bad with alcohol. It is a poisonous neurotoxin.

I doubt that Kratom would elicit any response when taken with suboxone/subutex. Buprenorphine binds very strongly to a variety of different opoid receptors including those that the different alkaloids of Kratom show activity against. I would suggest to try and ditch the Sub and give Kratom a shot as a substitute. It has done wonders for a number of people and is most likely easier on your body than buprenorphine.

I agree with this for the most part, though kratom over the long period may have some effects on the liver, but this is not definitive one way or the other at all. Pesticides on the leaves of kratom could definitely have negative effects. The fact is, we don't know too much about long term effects of bupe, and we haven't done much actual research on kratom's long term effects (that I am aware of), so really it is hard to say one way or another.

Hello. I am late to this ballgame. I noticed that I started using Kratom everyday and when I stopped I would get these horrible leg cramps, so I kept doing them. Well, a few weeks ago I realized that it was taking every extra cent I had so I stopped cold turkey. I found this thread online and thought it was SUPER helpful, cause I'm so tired of reading that kratom has no withdrawals. That's not true. So, long story short, here I am on day 15. I have this mind fog, and was already on anti-depressants before I started kratom, but they are NOT helping right now. And I keep reading that the physical symptoms go away in a few days, but I am still having the leg cramps. Not as bad as before, but they're still there. I just don't feel normal. I feel listless, blah, restless, tired, and NOTHING seems to help. I have tried ashwagandha and it helps a little bit, but most days that I wake up, I just wanna go back to sleep. I miss being able to smile again, to laugh and to enjoy things.

The thing I have found out about Kratom, is that it is alot like tramadol, as it has alot of different properties than just an opiate. Thats why I find the withdrawls a lot worse than say just coming off oxys!

never had any withdrawals and i use a few times a week for the past year. but I also take 2-4 week breaks every 3 months so....
I also use other opiates like dope, opana, oxy, morph, hydrocodone. I have never really had withdrawals and I am very lucky. Kratom loses effectiveness after like 3 days consecutive dosing and so it is self-limiting.

I don't really think that you can count my experience, but I feel that kratom withdrawals are very real and very uncomfortable. The reason why I think you can't really count my experience as valid is because I often would be using dope (diamorphine) for several days, and then when money or supply was running low, I would switch to kratom, and then after using kratom for several days everyday, I would experience WD that was just as uncomfortable as when I stopped dope. So I was probably still WDing from dope, not kratom.

Thought it best to bump this than create a new thread, but on average how long should withdrawal last because im on day 14 now and still feel physically and mentally terrible and this is with a habit of on average 25g of Green Malay daily(other than when mail was late) for 5 years. Is it possible i have prolonged the withdrawals with tramadol? over the last two weeks i have taken 50mg 3 seperate times when withdrawl was at its worst.

Thanks

Last edited: