novdevider7.gif

Subthreads

Coming Soon!

novdevider7.gif

Previous Archived Thread
[FIRST PAGE] - [LAST PAGE]

Related Threads

[original post]

Orally ingested 45mg of AMT on Saturday early evening. 2 friends had their first experiences with the compound and ingested 25mg each. I added some 4-Aco-MIPT to mine later. One person had a deep, eamningful, insightful experience, the other had an incredibly restless humorous episode that lasted hours... and hours... and I think perhaps it was ego-stuff... traing hard to avoid the inevitable. Which struck me as odd since AMT does ride one all the way home usually, and it does so in an incredibly gentle way. It tells the whole story but more gently than any other psychedelic that I know. Myself, I enjoyed it lots and am still experiencing a low-level afterglow. Nice stuff, persistently, for me (well, this was only the third time I used a full dose of it, and I've had access to this compound since 2003 and used it for the first time in 2005).

The reasons why I wouldn't use it regularly:

1) excessive (iu have this from hearsay... is it documented?) serotonin release / reuptake inhibition... regular use might wreak biochemical havoc with concomitant imbalances in mood and sleeping patterns, dreams; plus psychological addictionsince it's so easy to handle (Thank you Xorkoth for so openly writing about your difficulties with this one)

2) physical issues... I can usually stomach almost anything and most RCs leave me ok except 2c-i, which also messes with my stomach pretty consistently, and 5-MeO-DIPT, which just gives me the runs... but AMT really gave me the stomach from hell... even though this time I made sure I didn't drink any alcohol during the trip. One test subject vomited "blue" (I presume the person had visuals, none of us went to check at the time), but the other test subject seemed unaffected stomach-wise. ... My stomach ache lasted until the next day, and even today I am not very hungy, and I can feel that that this stuff has fine energetic repercussions on the body's organ system that last for days... my liver is most definitely also negatively affected by AMT - having said that, I do have a somewhat weak liver and can't get away with the excesses somefolks onhere seem to be doing fine with.

Apart from these physical issues, I rate it very highly, really in a social setting as a 'talk toy' that is at the same time a great tool for gentle insight into human motivation etc. The physical effort the chemical requires from my body is also thereason why I am not worried about psychological addiction for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Try rectal administration of AMT, preferrably after converting it to the HCl. It really, really cuts down the side effects and makes the whole thing smoother. The come-up is still jittery but it's a much cleaner jittery which fades entirely as it comes into full swing. Plus, the come-up is at least twice is short.

Several people including myself have found the HCl to provide a more side-effect-free experience, and also rectal administration. It's really worth trying out. It also always made it so that I hardly ever got a headache or a strung-out comedown. Just use a good amount of water so it doesn't burn... AMT burn can be unpleasant. 8o

AMT is sort of the mescaline of tryptamines. It's got a very long duration and unfolds slowly and gently, and has elements of strong love and empathy as well as a definite analytical and humorous edge. I find mescaline more fully psychedelic and a bit more forceful and deeper, and AMT a bit more purely recreational but also more purely empathogenic.

Xorkoth said:
Yeah, a low dose of 4-AcO-DMT works VERY well with AMT. So does kratom, by the way.

AMT... overall, my favorite drug. I also find it to blow MDMA out of the water, in every way. True euphoria, unrushed, unforced, real. No gushing of endless love for everyone... instead, deep thought that leads you to realize your deep love for everyone as your fellow living beings....

word...;) :| =D

Ximot said:
1) excessive (iu have this from hearsay... is it documented?) serotonin release / reuptake inhibition...
Yes, it is documented at least in rat cell studies-

Ximot, if you PM me your address I'll send you the article later when I'm at my home that charts the reuptake inhibition and monoamine release of AMT compared to MDMA (and a few other tryps and phens that are taken recreationally)-

Sorry---I'm in robot mode! :( 8(

that sounds like a great experience Ximot - moves me one step closer to taking a full dose of it myself! :)

love,
S_S

samadhi_smiles said:
Yes, it is documented at least in rat cell studies-

Ximot, if you PM me your address I'll send you the article later when I'm at my home that charts the reuptake inhibition and monoamine release of AMT compared to MDMA (and a few other tryps and phens that are taken recreationally)-

Ooh! Can I scrounge a copy as well? All the stuff I have on AMT is enzyme kinetics blurb about it's competetive inhibition of MAO?

I wouldn't mind a copy either, but probably wouldn't be able to understand it anyway :\ . fastandbulbous, when you get a copy, could you distill its essence and the possible implications for recreational users into a paragraph or a few sentences for us neophytes... :)

The only aMT specific files I have (that I'm aware of) are:
-AMT Derivatives Induce a 5-HT Receptor-mediated Head-twitch.pdf

-MDMA-Like Stimulus Effects Of Alpha-Ethyltryptamine And The Alpha-Ethyl Homolog Of DOM - Glennon.pdf

there's also some discussion of aMT in:
-NIDA Research Monograph 94 - Pharmacology and Toxicology of Amphetamine and Related Designer Drugs.pdf

Are any of those the file you are talking about S_S? If you name it there is a chance a few of us may already have it somewhere on our hard drives.

Saturday night I did end up retaking it. I had a blast at the massive. I took 60MG orally with no bad effects. I never have any problems with my stomach inreguards to AMT. Carefree ride for sure! The only time I had a bit of a problem was on the come up, waiting in traffic in LA, going 20 MPH and becoming jittery. As soon as I got out of the car and could feel the base, it was smooth sailing from there. I got to have a lot of deep conversations with my friends, without the e-tardedness they all felt. No losing my train of thought mid sentence like them =)

It was great, this is becoming one of my top 3 favorite drugs fast. I don't plan on doing it for a bit though, but I <3 it! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't get much stomach discomfort on the come up. I've done it with some food in my stomach and empty, both times I was fine.

At a festival last summer, I took on three consecutive days 20mg; 40mg & 65mg. Now while I can't say anything about neurotoxicity, I have suffered no long term detrimental effects from that, but I did use some ketamine at the same time & it has neuroprotective effects (probably not quite at the doses I was using, but it was a festival!)

fastandbulbous said:
I did use some ketamine at the same time & it has neuroprotective effects (probably not quite at the doses I was using, but it was a festival!)

8o =D <3 so funny =D

fastandbulbous said:
ketamine at the same time & it has neuroprotective effects (probably not quite at the doses I was using, but it was a festival!)

are you implying the neuroprotective effects are only in action at the higher range of k? I haven't seen any info on the dose/effect

"The Effects of Non-medically Used Psychoactive Drugs on Monoamine Neurotransmission in Rat Brain"

I'll post it here in a few hours, I'm running late right now -

P & L,
S_S

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - New incarnation

The old B&D AMT thread had outgrown its 500-post limit, so it's been archived and can be found here. I have moved the last few posts from it into here for continuity of discussion.

A quality compound... both fellow trippers reported feeling good this week... well, one reported "weird dreams" (the restless one with the borderline-paranoid humour outbreak that lasted hours, as if his plateau never came), but the other has clearly gained great insight from it and the cold they had had (feverish etc) prior to using the AMT has completely gone ... fancy that! I would have thought it would get much worse....

My stomach upset has also long gone, and my digestion is back to normal. Last time I remember feeling better during the experience but I had a rougher aftermath (digestion) - I think that's because last time I started drinking lots of beer at a gig after the peak.

Anyone watch 6 feet under? The girl Claire took some aMT in one of the episodes. I think I would prefer rectal administration because of the nausea.

what is a good dose rectally like 25mg?

I thought it was dangerous to drink on AMT?

The dose for rectal administration with AMT is about the same. I guess its bioavailability orally is very good. Either that or rectally it's not as good as usual. Either way, the experience is definitely superior though.

DivineMomenT said:
I thought it was dangerous to drink on AMT?

It very well may be. I've drank on 20-30mg on AMT a few times and didn't notice any problems, but initially it did increase some of the physical side effects slightly. According to Erowid AMT "experienced a surge in popularity" in the 90's and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of people who drank on it.

I wouldn't recommend it though as alcohol is notorious for drug interactions, ones that are otherwise safe. There aren't any reports on Erowid on the combo.

If you do decide to do it, go slow, don't drink a lot and make sure to have plenty of water.

I found drinking on AMT to be counterproductive anyway... not like with amphetamine. It made the whole state less pleasant (for me).

Yeah, I found the same. Alcohol has little to add to a decent AMT experience, but 10-20mg of AMT can enhance a social experience and allow a person to get to a similarly social state, but with less alcohol. Its also just stimulating enough to keep you going a bit, IME.

Large doses of AMT are great for social settings as well, but just with friends/not too many people. Possibly the best AMT trip I've ever had (the one in my AMT Retrospective report) was at a friend's house that I hadn't seen in over a year, and felt sort of guilty about. I took I think 65mg (during a period of tolerance however) and ended up having such an amazing euphoria and more importantly productive evening... we all got to know each other on another level. And the contact high produced was amazing (I was the only one actually on it), helped by the fact that we all had kratom, them for the first time. And kratom mixes very favorably with AMT... better than it does with any other drug I would say.

What a good memory... :) <3

EDIT: Whew, I just re-read the whole experience and it took me back quite significantly for a few minutes. :)

It reminds me of why AMT is too good for me to have a supply of. :\ I am thinking about rummaging about for a few doses at Christmastime, to share with some uninitiated friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.