View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a 60mg dose of the grey, clumpy, stinky amt hcl the other night and fell in love with the substance, felt like two different experiences one after the other, very gentle, extremely lovely.

Getting some freebase soon, are there any differences in strength of dose between hcl and freebase? Is the freebase ok for plugging with a needle-less syringe?

Unless you are 100% positive that you have pure aMT, start off with low doses of 10mg or even 5mg to make sure it isn't something else.

Once you have established that, generally a good dose of aMT is 20-30mg.

If you want a really intense experience, 60mg - but I don't recommend that the first time, especially since I've seen people get absolutely smacked against the wall on 30mg while others took 40, 50, and 60 and didn't get as smacked around.

I don't recommend doses above 60... body load increases exponentially with higher doses and really the trip just gets extended in duration rather than getting more intense. It gets to a point where the intensity of the drug hits a wall.

As for the effects - for me, and some others that I know, it feels like a very strong candyflip with less body load than a candyflip would normally produce. Some say it acts like LSD. Others say it has more MDXX quality... Everyone experiences it differently and it is once again, dose dependent.

Just start out small and work your way up. It can be a very pleasurable chemical but it can also be a total nightmare if you don't know what you're doing.

Oh and I *HIGHLY* recommend that you do not mix it with ANY other drugs - I've seen some aMT trips that were +4 quickly turn into a really nasty experience even just by smoking pot or drinking a beer.

Had a 60mg dose of the grey, clumpy, stinky amt hcl the other night and fell in love with the substance, felt like two different experiences one after the other, very gentle, extremely lovely.

Getting some freebase soon, are there any differences in strength of dose between hcl and freebase? Is the freebase ok for plugging with a needle-less syringe?

That sounds like a rather low-key experience for such a high dose... 60mg of aMT is anything but gentle... Have you consumed other tryptamines recently?

The freebase in my experience is negligible in dose differences but it decomposes fairly quickly. As for plugging, that is the only route I never tried with aMT.

Thanks for the advice cos its my first time I probably will go with 10 mg an see what happens...

Seejay
Unless you are 100% positive that you have pure aMT, start off with low doses of 10mg or even 5mg to make sure it isn't something else.

Once you have established that, generally a good dose of aMT is 20-30mg.

If you want a really intense experience, 60mg - but I don't recommend that the first time, especially since I've seen people get absolutely smacked against the wall on 30mg while others took 40, 50, and 60 and didn't get as smacked around.

I don't recommend doses above 60... body load increases exponentially with higher doses and really the trip just gets extended in duration rather than getting more intense. It gets to a point where the intensity of the drug hits a wall.

As for the effects - for me, and some others that I know, it feels like a very strong candyflip with less body load than a candyflip would normally produce. Some say it acts like LSD. Others say it has more MDXX quality... Everyone experiences it differently and it is once again, dose dependent.

Just start out small and work your way up. It can be a very pleasurable chemical but it can also be a total nightmare if you don't know what you're doing.

Oh and I *HIGHLY* recommend that you do not mix it with ANY other drugs - I've seen some aMT trips that were +4 quickly turn into a really nasty experience even just by smoking pot or drinking a beer.

That sounds like a rather low-key experience for such a high dose... 60mg of aMT is anything but gentle... Have you consumed other tryptamines recently?

The freebase in my experience is negligible in dose differences but it decomposes fairly quickly. As for plugging, that is the only route I never tried with aMT.

What I meant was it felt controllable, I was out of it but it wasn't intense to the extent that I was freaking out because I felt like I was losing control or couldn't walk etc. It's possible because of the state of the UK market that it wasn't pure, I'd plugged 20mg a day or two earlier and only felt a nice soft pleasant glow for the whole day, no visuals but a really good tingly feeling all day.

Thanks for the info on the freebase when you say it decomposes quickly what time scale are we looking at if from date of manufacture? Days? Weeks?

Would u say a couple of sleeping aids after about 10-12 hrs in should induce sleep ?

Seejay

Would u say a couple of sleeping aids after about 10-12 hrs in should induce sleep ?

Seejay

You should easily be able to sleep normally after that time.

I only need to take sleep aids post aMT if the time is much shorter. ie >6 hours.

What I meant was it felt controllable, I was out of it but it wasn't intense to the extent that I was freaking out because I felt like I was losing control or couldn't walk etc. It's possible because of the state of the UK market that it wasn't pure, I'd plugged 20mg a day or two earlier and only felt a nice soft pleasant glow for the whole day, no visuals but a really good tingly feeling all day.

Thanks for the info on the freebase when you say it decomposes quickly what time scale are we looking at if from date of manufacture? Days? Weeks?

Well I never really built a tolerance to the stuff but 60mg of either form would have whooped my ass 8o Everything around me would have been flowing, I would be able to smell and taste music, and I would be pigging out on food because of how heightened my taste buds would have been - but I would have been tripping hard and everyone that knows me around here knows I have a high tolerance for tryptamines.

As for the freebase, it is hard to say really. A sample that I obtained before operation webtryp of the freebase had discoloration and an odd smell to it about two weeks after I got it - but who knows how long the company had it sitting around for before that. We ingested it anyway and found that it had a much higher body load than usual - everyone puked, had lots of muscle rigidity, trisma, etc, and we all came down so hard that we didn't feel like doing anything for days.

I know of a friend who had some freebase that he wrapped up the vial in rubber bands and tape and then took an empty pill bottle, filled it with water, set the vial inside of it, and froze it... it was still good when he took it out a year later though I would say that method of preservation was a bit of overkill...

The concern I would have with the freebase is just a matter of how long the supplier had it... also back in the day, things were shipped in blue vials, not baggies. Ah, the good old days.

Fairly sure it was cut then because my experience was no where near what you described. Everything you described I had but not all that intense, walls were breathing but not in an overly intense way, was watching a video on Youtube which just had a static eye on it but I wasn't sure if it a video effect or because of the amt but it looked like it moving/changing colour slightly. Also I could have swore blind the track I was listening too was slowing down and speeding up, listened to the tracks today the tempo was constant throughout.

Interesting you mention the food will try that next time, never had the desire to eat but was craving the warm, sweet feeling of tea flowing down my throat.

With your advice in mind and knowing the fact that the freebase is coming form a source I trust I will start out small (10mg plugged) again to avoid having the shock of a lifetime. Thanks for the warning.

Can u describe your two experiences?

Seejay

Actually there seem to be two general groups of people with regards to AMT. Some, like myself, find it to be gentle, warm, more MDMA-like than LSD-like, no real visuals, just warmth to colors and light haloes. And others seem to have a full-on trip with a more psychedelic headspace.

Actually there seem to be two general groups of people with regards to AMT. Some, like myself, find it to be gentle, warm, more MDMA-like than LSD-like, no real visuals, just warmth to colors and light haloes. And others seem to have a full-on trip with a more psychedelic headspace.

Yeah that's what I had pointed out in a previous post. Its the only drug I know of that is consistently varied from person to person even with the same batch. Although I can say this - whenever we had groups that would get together and trip, we would all end up on the same trip. This was much more common with aMT than say, LSD or shrooms, where most of the time we would be too far out there to really communicate anyway.

What was the highest dose you took? I've noticed that there is somewhat of a dose-dependent response to it. Like for example, 30-40mg produces more MDXX-like experience for me, accompanied by a 'mission' that MUST be completed or I will flip out about it until the end of the trip (my 'mission' one time was to steal the stop sign from by the local high school - I ignored it but it drove me nuts all night). The higher doses, the drug still has very strong MDXX feelings (I actually prefer it to MDXX drugs - its a lot less synthetic feeling other than the body load) but turns into a full on psychedelic trip.

I only ever got colorful visuals from it one time orally (that was a group trip) - the rest of the time, it was more along the lines of things breathing, flowing, melting... I remember one time I stared at a picture of an ocean for an hour and watched as the waves crashed about in full 3D but that was still just visual distortion, however entertaining it was.

Anyway I think aMT is an odd one. Some people have a terrible time with it and some people think its the best thing ever. Some people don't really "trip" and just get euphoric effects, while others compare it with LSD.

Yeah that's what I had pointed out in a previous post. Its the only drug I know of that is consistently varied from person to person even with the same batch. Although I can say this - whenever we had groups that would get together and trip, we would all end up on the same trip. This was much more common with aMT than say, LSD or shrooms, where most of the time we would be too far out there to really communicate anyway.

What was the highest dose you took? I've noticed that there is somewhat of a dose-dependent response to it. Like for example, 30-40mg produces more MDXX-like experience for me, accompanied by a 'mission' that MUST be completed or I will flip out about it until the end of the trip (my 'mission' one time was to steal the stop sign from by the local high school - I ignored it but it drove me nuts all night). The higher doses, the drug still has very strong MDXX feelings (I actually prefer it to MDXX drugs - its a lot less synthetic feeling other than the body load) but turns into a full on psychedelic trip.

I only ever got colorful visuals from it one time orally (that was a group trip) - the rest of the time, it was more along the lines of things breathing, flowing, melting... I remember one time I stared at a picture of an ocean for an hour and watched as the waves crashed about in full 3D but that was still just visual distortion, however entertaining it was.

Anyway I think aMT is an odd one. Some people have a terrible time with it and some people think its the best thing ever. Some people don't really "trip" and just get euphoric effects, while others compare it with LSD.

I prefer it to MDXX too. :)

I used to use it compulsively... like a lot. The most I ever tried without tolerance was probably 70mg. But I've had doses up to 100mg or even more when you count redoses. Definitely high-dose as opposed to low. Though if I had some now I'd probably go for 40mg.

I prefer it to MDXX too. :)

I used to use it compulsively... like a lot. The most I ever tried without tolerance was probably 70mg. But I've had doses up to 100mg or even more when you count redoses. Definitely high-dose as opposed to low. Though if I had some now I'd probably go for 40mg.

Yeah I used to take really high doses and we will just leave it at that lol. This was the really high grade Ω stuff and I had some serious +3s and a couple +4s on it. One time I actually had ego death but that was a really really high dose (no idea how much but between the different methods of administration I would say between 150 and 200mg) and I would never go that far again. The trisma was terrible! lol

Can u describe your two experiences?

Seejay

I try as briefly as I can mate,

Plugged 20mg plugged dose within an hour I was getting nice little tingles from my groin and getting a sense of pleasant well being, a little floaty but happy and nice. This didn't really develop into much more than that but I really enjoyed the soft, yummyness of it. I was happy being happy, had no desire to redose, no pain or vomiting nausea or anything, like I said in PD social, was like being wrapped in a blanket of pleasentness. This really was subtle and very gentle though, but I very much enjoyed feeling good and was walking round smiling and chatting and happy doing things. I had no visuals that I was aware of at all.

The second dose was 60mg oral and within an hour and a half began having tingles and waves of lightness and a floaty feeling. Within two hours I was feeling slightly nauseous like I was about to be sick but never did. The gentle waves were washing over me more rapidly and stronger. Three hours in and it felt like I had reached a peak, I was warm and kept wanting to walk around and find things to do, then find something else to do straight after, the waves and general feeling of well being were very nice and enjoyable. Around four to five hours in I realised the image on the TV was swaying slightly side to side, this is when the experience changed into a very visual one. Colours were swirling and moving, clouds that were far away seemed to be very close where as trees that were close seemed to be far away, strange distortion of depth but not overwhelming or frightening. This lasted for several hours after that and had a really smooth to ride back to base. It's almost like I never noticed it leave it was that smooth. I stayed up for the rest of the day tired with a slightly dull head but nothing I wouldn't expect from being up all night. After I slept I expected some negative effects but had nothing, I was completely fine.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the compound I got was weaker because it was cut or had degraded. The next batch I receive because of MagikalKatt77's advice I will start slow again just in case it is a hell of a lot stronger.

Wait, that description sounds a lot better than the way you described it before . :) That sounds like the sort of intensity I get from 60mg, except with a lot more visuals (as I mentioned I don't really get visuals from AMT).

Oh ok, but it never felt intense or over the top, I felt completely in control and never like being pinned to the floor or knocked for six. It did feel gentle and nice, don't get me wrong I wasn't looking to get completely out of it, that's not my thing at all, I like being able to move around and interact with people, not pinned to my seat feeling like I'm in a wind tunnel.

I completely enjoyed it and look forward to my next experience, I was expecting it to be more intense and like I said before will take it easy to start with just in case.

I found the visuals to be comfortable, like made out of the things that were there not seeing things that weren't there pop into existence (which would scare me half to death in all honesty) it was a funny, loved up experience.

So Xorkoth have you never had visuals or did they diminish through use?

Also as I described the 20mg dose I had was a 'good vibes' feeling would it be possible in anybody's experience to dose like a few times this to keep this feeling going throughout the day?

Ben - That sounds much more like a high dose AMT trip than what you had described before, as Xorkoth said though still rather weak for 60mg.

Curious - how much time had elapsed between the two dosings?

Ben - That sounds much more like a high dose AMT trip than what you had described before, as Xorkoth said though still rather weak for 60mg.

Curious - how much time had elapsed between the two dosings?

Sorry, my first description was obviously lacking =D

Around 24 hours between doses with sleep and food in between.

No wonder - you most likely had some degree of tolerance. Keep in mind that AMT stays in the body for a long time compared to most drugs... There was probably some degree of tolerance involved in that one.

Its best to not use AMT more than once a week or two if you want to get the full effects. I developed a slight tolerance to it but most people I know develop a tolerance to it rapidly.

Had you waited a week or even a few days, that trip you got from 60mg would have most likely been able to be had from 40-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.