Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

would anyone have experience of aMT in combination with Methedrone or Methylone? I was thinking 200mg meth/meph with a small 10mg dose of aMT. I appreciate aMT has (possible) MAOI properties and taking with say MDMA could be an issue, would anyone anticipate similar issues with meth/meph?

Regards and advanced thanks.

have done it with MDMA and aMT .

20mg of amt with 150mg of really good mdma. it felt great, make sure u keep the aMT dose low and you probably wont even need as much as you would with methylone. i would mix around 150mg-180mg of methylone around 2 hours after 10mg of aMT. have fun :)

For those who've taken this stuff orally, how does it taste? I hope to procure a bit of this stuff in the near future along with some friends, who, while generally open-minded, would almost certainly blanch at the idea of rectal administration. I've had good experiences taking MDPV sub-lingually, so I'm wondering whether that's a reasonable possibility, since it sounds like oral is the method to be least preferred. I saw a report on Erowid saying that the taste was "not unpleasant," which would be delightful if true.

AMT's smell is quite unpleasant, and I don't think the taste is anything to laugh at either. Especially since the dose is so high (25-100mg).

why not just put it in a capsule or parachute it? that'll get rid of the taste

I don't think I could bring myself to put anything that smells quite so much like shit in my mouth :D

Plugging is a good option but vapourising is by far my preferred MOA with AMT - significantly lower dose and come-up time and with no nausea or bodyload (for me, at least).

Haha I'd just put it in a capsule and maybe put that in a bigger capsule...
It's just became available somewhere, I'm like definitely getting a gr for keeps -
sounds fantastic tbh

I don't think I could bring myself to put anything that smells quite so much like shit in my mouth :D

Plugging is a good option but vapourising is by far my preferred MOA with AMT - significantly lower dose and come-up time and with no nausea or bodyload (for me, at least).

Word. Vaping freebase AMT is definitely the bees-knees. It's worth noting, though, that most of the AMT circulating nowadays seems like it comes as the HCL salt and cannot be smoked (at least not with the same degree of efficiency as the freebase). I don't why vendors have begun leaning towards selling the HCL. Maybe it's a stability thing. Or maybe the freebase is just too damn stinky to be FedExing. =D

I suppose if one were determined to do so it would be possible to cook up freebase AMT a la the crack method. Unfortunately, doing leaves one with a product that is insoluble in water and therefore unsuitable for rectal administration. Choices, choices. :)

Haha I'd just put it in a capsule and maybe put that in a bigger capsule...
It's just became available somewhere, I'm like definitely getting a gr for keeps -
sounds fantastic tbh

I thought AMT was too unstable to be much of a collectable.

I've noticed a degradation via change in color and smell over time with AMT and AET.

AMT freebase(I think) stored in plastic bag w/in plastic bag in freezer for 1.5 year + cool, dark place for add'l 1.5 year = change in color from white to yellow (think popcorn butter) and still smells like skatole.

Question on AMT reguarding safety.

Lately I've had some DPT and AMT on hand, and my fiance' decided to embark on a psychedelic journey for the first time, she intranasally ingested roughly 50mg of dpt for her 3 previous trips, and now I have roughly 15-20mg of AMT left she wishes to partake in. I know the one time I took the drug I felt a lot of harsh side effects, nausea wise, and it felt as if my body were overheating. My friend is concerned about its ability to raise body temperature, and he seems to have a few safety concerns with me providing her with AMT. So my question is, for her 4th trip, would providing her with roughly 15-20mg of AMT have any type of danger component involved? Any Opinions on the matter? Much appreciated.

I'm not sure about this mind you, but I think there are more than one commonalities with MDMA, all having to do with serotonin release. The comparison has been made numerous times. It seems more serotonin is released but stretched over a longer period of time, for this reason it is less damaging (because: less acute).
With MDMA it actually doesn't raise your temperature directly but it disrupts your bodies temperature maintenance. So if you go in the baking hot sun or dancing without cooling off you will overheat much more easily which isn't only dangerous but also increases neurotoxicity of the drug. Your body just doesn't realize to cool off effectively enough itself. I bet a-MT works the same way regarding this. The nausea is actually something a-MT is known for (take a look at the main Erowid a-MT vault page and the short description, it's mentioned right away) even though some people aren't bothered by it at all. MDMA might be less prone to cause this but there's a good chance it is all caused by serotonin release in your stomache (5-HT3 receptors...).
I wouldn't really call a substance like a-MT "safe as hell" or anything like that but these side-effects are most likely not symptomatic of damage being done.
Just take precaution against longer periods in hot environments or activities that heat you up and remember that the trip itself can make you a bit distracted or oblivious to the fact that you have to keep taking good - special - care of yourself.

If you are still concerned about experiencing the side-effects themselves lowering the dose is still a good idea of course. Regardless of damage.

Anyone know what the stability is like for aMT HCl? I try to keep these sorts of things sealed and refrigerated anyway, but what kind of degradation am i looking at at room temperature and in the fridge?

I've got some AMT today. It smells like jenkem =D and dissolves in petroleum ether, so I suppose it is freebase (although I imagined the smell a bit more pungent).
Is there any way to tell AMT apart from it's 5-MeO cousin (without testing it, of course).

What's the recommended dose for smoked AMT-freebase? I thought of smoking 5mg doses spaced out 20 to 30 minutes until I reach my sweet spot. How does the smoked dose differ from an oral one?

Anyone know what the stability is like for aMT HCl? I try to keep these sorts of things sealed and refrigerated anyway, but what kind of degradation am i looking at at room temperature and in the fridge?

I'd love an answer to this too if anyone has one. Seems aMT HCL is what is mostly available these days, and I'm curious about how long it will store.

What is the best way to determine if one has the freebase or the HCl? I see some refer to a difference in smell. How different do the two smell? Could one easily confuse the freebase w/ the HCl based on smell alone? Also, if one were to rectally administer AMT freebase would it be inactive?

^ I'm not sure of the difference between freebase and HCl but I know AMT works pretty well plugged. Xorketh has more experience of dosing that way than I do but from memory he said that the dose is not as dramatically lower than oral doses compared to most things. I think it lowers nausea, bodyload and come-up time to an extent but also not as drastically as - for example - the 2Cs :)

What's the recommended dose for smoked AMT-freebase? I thought of smoking 5mg doses spaced out 20 to 30 minutes until I reach my sweet spot. How does the smoked dose differ from an oral one?

I find 20-25mg to be very pleasant indeed vapourised :)

I usually feel fairly drowsy for the first hour or so (often doze off in fact) and then the energy and euphoria build fairly rapidly. For me there is no nausea whatsoever when vapourised and the come-up is nearer an hour than the usual four hours or so from oral dosing :)

On the storage/loss of potency thing, I really don't know but had wondered myself. My sample of AMT does seem to be noticably weaker than it was a few months back. I think I have the freebase but am not positive. Does certainly feel weaker though. Mine has been stored in a sealed baggied in a refridgerated place, incidentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.